#TeamTrainwreck: MESS 2019/20 (Most Epic Splat of the Season)

MESS 2019/20

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Jeschke

Here are the nominees for MESS 2019/20 (Most Epic Splat of the Season) in alphabetic order:

All (not only #TeamTrainwreck posters) are invited to vote :40beers:
For the :gallopin1 awards we primarily took senior skaters into consideration or extraordinary material from junior skaters.

One vote for the most :yikes: splat of the season! Voting is up for 7 days! The vote cannot be changed later. Choose wisely!

A big shoutout to Kaiya Ruiter who made the shortlist with three entries.

Shortlists can be seen here:

Part 1
Part 2

---

Previous winners
2016/17: Viveca Lindfors, World Junior Championships, FS
2017/18: Anna Pogorilaya, Grand Prix CAN, FS
2018/19: Keegan Messing, Grand Prix Final, FS

---

MESS Trivia
  • Nadeau is now tied with James/Ciprès for most MESS-nominations (2 each)
---

Other #TeamTrainwreck Awards
POTS
MEEPOTS
Tursy-POTS

Last edited by a moderator:

skatingguy

decently
Have to go Shoma Uno - World Medalist doing a jump that he's been landing successfully for a number of years, and he's not even close to landing it plus the full belly flop on the landing - runner-up - Daria Pavliuchenko - doing a back flip unintentionally has to be one of the most difficult physical feats.

J

Jeschke

runner-up - Daria Pavliuchenko - doing a back flip unintentionally has to be one of the most difficult physical feats.
Daria would have been my clear #1 if there would not have been Naurits' horrorsplat. I cannot watch as it's so :yikes:
That usually does not happen, so he wins for me.

aliceanne

I would have voted for Niki Wories (I thought I could vote for more than one). I haven’t seen a leg wrap like that since Claudia Kristoffers-Binder in the 70’s. The whole thing was so out of control.

I ended up voting for MTM2 because that was the last choice I picked. I’ve seen guys fall on a throw like that, but never when the girl lands on her feet.

Naurits was channeling Messing with that chin smack.

Dobre

I ended up voting for MTM2 because that was the last choice I picked. I’ve seen guys fall on a throw like that, but never when the girl lands on her feet.

Yep. For me the epicness is directly related to the fact that she managed to land the throw.

Honorable mention to Popova & Mozgov and Fentz for timing their falls so impressively at the end of the programs. Behind them, kudos to Kate Wang for the smile at the end and Pavliuchenko for "creativity of flight."

Some of these are so terrible that it is actually a kindness on behalf of the system to limit the damage to no more than -5. (I had managed to block out how terrible Shoma looked at the beginning of this year, but I really feel that said terribleness is worthy of more than single-splat recognition).

mjb52

Wow, I've been watching skating for a long time and I'm not sure I remember ever seeing a fall like Daria's or the Popova/Mozgov falls. Maybe you just block them out when they are that crazy! Wories is pretty intense too.

Finnice

So many great splats! Have to go with Popova-Mozgov, but Daria is also so great!

J

Jeschke

Such a close race :watch: I thought Daria would stand no chance.
If I'd only knew she'd have gone my vote, as hopeless far behind Naurits' tooth knockout is :drama:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
I’ve been away from the boards for a while and probably still will be 😢

I checked this out real quick and my votes are between Paul, Yuma and Daria.

I’m so used to shoma doing these types of falls over the past year or so that this one doesn’t phase me anymore

Special consideration to Wories.

Rhumba d’Amour

I voted for Marinaro. Not only epic, and unexpected, but he did the exact same thing TWICE this year. If that’s not worthy of the award, I don’t know what is!

S

SmallFairy

It had to be Daria! So random, so acrobatic, so quick to get back into it. Us other mortals would have been carried out screaming in pain if we tried something similar :lol:

Nic N. was also wonderfully random, as was Fentz.
Naurits almost too hard too watch:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information