Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiK

Quick post: Im so happy (and teary eyed) that I managed to get home in time to watch the last warm up group spoiler free and see the Empress finally getting gold. If I have to choose an ultimate fave since my fandom started that's Aliona (and Robin but Bruno will do for now).

Better recap tomorrow, now im going to sleep with a smile on my face. Im sooo happy for the empress and at the same time im gonna miss her so much.

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
I have to mention now while I am still in the mood! Meagan :respec: What a classy sportswoman! You deserved that ****ing bronze today!
I'm screenshotting this, printing, and bringing to her next time I see her!:p

Seriously what a great pairs event, super happy for the podium :cheer2:
And all of the feels for the reactions after :swoon:

Let's mention Marchei with the 4th highest TES of the night #TeamItalyTheHottest

J

Jeschke

BTW folks, this was the 5th different ending pose in 6 competitions this season? :rofl:
For me, by far the best, MEEPOTS shortlist!

Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot, FS Nebelhorn
https://youtu.be/8jrrFwD6zcA?t=4m59s

Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot, FS GP CAN
https://youtu.be/F5nMIDd9nHw?t=5m6s

Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot, FS GP USA
https://youtu.be/iujsPXVwIV8?t=5m8s

Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot, FS Olympics
https://youtu.be/mtI_rkVh3M4?t=4m34s

Side note: GPF will not join MEEPOTS shortlist, as it was last years pose.

So we have 6 spots left for other skaters :D

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SmallFairy

BTW folks, this was the 5th different ending pose in 6 competitions this season? :rofl:
For me, by far the best, MEEPOTS shortlist!

Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot, FS Nebelhorn
https://youtu.be/8jrrFwD6zcA?t=4m59s

Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot, FS GP CAN
https://youtu.be/F5nMIDd9nHw?t=5m6s

Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot, FS GP USA
https://youtu.be/iujsPXVwIV8?t=5m8s

Aliona Savchenko / Bruno Massot, FS Olympics
https://youtu.be/mtI_rkVh3M4?t=4m34s

Side note: GPF will not join MEEPOTS shortlist, as it was last years pose.

So we have 6 spots left for other skaters :D

The ending pose was awesome, I loved it too. No way my Russian junior dancers stands any chance in winning this award:lol:

Also loved how Aljona and Bruno paid tribute to both their own Lighthouse-program during the FS choreo, and also Klimova/Ponomarenko's iconic Bach.

S

SmallFairy

Great to see all the other skaters Instagramposts and stories. Sotnikova, Pogo, Misha Ge, Amodio, fellow Germans - they 'all hail the queen'

Annika Hocke's screams beat Tara every day! Love how she wrote, as Aljona and Bruno took the ice: "More nervous for them than I was for us"

SamuraiK

So I managed to catch up on the last 2 groups. Apparently I didnt miss much in ther first 2 except for the NK team rising to the ocassion again.

Yu & Zhang : *Sighs* . Overall a bad first olympics for both Yu & Jin but im still hoping CHN fed decides to reunite them.
Zabijako & Enbert: That program is a snooze even with the costume change.
Marchei & Hotarek: If only Valentina had switched earlier. Still, they should end their career very proud.
James & Cipres: respect for the no guts, no glory skate.. 5th is an amazing placement for what their prospects were at the beginning of this cycle.
Tarasova & Morozov: Yes, I admit I was glad when they screwed but not because I had something against them. ist just when you are watching a soccer/volley match and the rival team makes mistakes and you know your team will win. Felt very bad afterwards for both, Tarasova's crying was too much but they are young and im rooting for them for the next years.
Sui & Han: Aww Diva Sui, your time will come. You are as much warrior as Aliona and you know it.
Empres: One of the all time greats. Congrats to Bruno Kazakova aswell.

Do Soft Award: Cong Han so he can forget the pain of missing gold by less than a point.

S

SmallFairy

Zabijako & Enbert: That program is a snooze even with the costume change.

In the PBP yesterday, the "costume change" was de-graded, not worthy of calling itself a costume change!

James & Cipres: respect for the no guts, no glory skate.. 5th is an amazing placement for what their prospects were at the beginning of this cycle.

Told ya all they would be my fifth place finishers. Like PJZ. Very fitting!
Empres: One of the all time greats. Congrats to Bruno Kazakova aswell.

That is just too brilliant:rofl:
Do Soft Award: Cong Han so he can forget the pain of missing gold by less than a point.

Awww be gentle with him!

RoseRed

I will recap pairs since #BossMan isn't going to.

Overall - great event :cheer2: How can it not be with that result?

GER2 - Rough skate for them, but they made it here, made the FS, and I'm sure they're so thrilled for Aliona that they don't even care right now
USA - Well, yeah. The jumps. But hey, they got a team medal and had a great TE SP, so good for them - they went through a lot.
CZE - Two great skates, especially considering her injury. Good for them :40beers: Bright future for sure. And agreed with da Boss about Martin :smokin:
PRK - They've improved a ton in the last few months. Good for them. Loved seeing how excited Bruno and their other coach were, hugging each other during the skate, hugging them afterwards.
RUS3 - Ouch, that was rough. At least they had a good SP. That pink jacket of his ... :slinkaway
CAN3 - Better skate than yesterday. The Canadian in me was happy to see them do well. Her dress is gorgeous.
ITA2 - Matteo is :smokin::smokin::smokin: but, that was not their best. They didn't look so engaged in the performance. CBC commentators talking about him being an underwear model was a highlight though.
CAN2 - Yay! :D They've had a rough time with all the injuries, so it was great for them to skate like this here. Could've moved up a spot overall, and maybe one in the FS, but 8th vs 9th doesn't matter so much. Happy for them to get top ten. I loved Marie-France in the KnC with them. More MFD is always better.:glamor:
CHN2 - Not so good today. Hope she's okay. Should've slipped down one more spot though.
RUS2 - Pretty program. Still not memorable. Still don't care about the costume change.
ITA1 - Good for them. Such a good Olympics after a somewhat rough season. Very impressive, and I love happy KnC moments.
FRA - Hot new body suit. Not their best performance, but they got good scores. Morgan had no weird blue stripe across his chest. Good overall.
RUS1 - Evgenia crying like that was sad :(. But, I was so happy about the podium, so I'm just glad they cut away to happy tears quickly. They have time and great tech skills, so hopefully they'll have actual good programs at some point. Glad that program isn't on the podium though, if for no over reason than that those costumes would have looked ridiculous with the others, who were so well dressed.

CAN1 - :encore::cheer2::rollin:Amazing skate! They totally deserve to have the first clean quad throw at the Olympics. Four programs so close together, and just better every time. Incredible. They're superhuman. These Olympics went better than I could have hoped for them. So lovely between them and Aliona and Bruno. Meagan especially was so thrilled for them. Those moments are what the Olympics are all about. I remember Meagan said that at the GPF they all looked at each other and said that that would be a great group for the Olympic podium, and it happened.

CHN1 - It's sad for them, especially because they definitely thought they'd done enough when they finished. First Olympics only though, and overall it's a great result. Hopefully we see them killing it in 2022 with better, more unique programs.

GER1 - SO happy for them. What an absolutely stunning performance. They so deserved that. And I'm happy for Bruno. He looked so profoundly relieved. Really emotional. Forget Empress, she's a goddess. Legendary.

S

SmallFairy

Ok, watched the whole last group and plush ceremony again. Radford so pretty! His bf, now fiancee, in the stands, great scenes of joy. And the lovely group hug of Aljona, Bruno and husband and girlfriend, everybody kissing each other left and right. Bruno's gf clearly nothing like Blommart's :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information