Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Sui/Han had issues with their jumps, they got 3Tq+2T+2T< and 3S< and had a step out from the UR 3S, it cost them about 4-5 points from my calculations. They also got 3Tq in the SP which cost them ~2-3 points. The final gap between them and M/G was 1.88 points so if they were clean it would have gone to S/H.
Personally, I like M/G a lot but I thought S/H deserved the win and that they weren't scored fairly on PCS, to have the PCS gap between M/G and S/H be 1.15 points is just not right. In fact, that's one of my main issues with how the pairs are being scored both domestically and internationally. M/G and B/K are both teams that are still developing and they are inferior to teams like T/M and S/H when it comes to skating skills, ice coverage, speed, and so on, and once a program is skated clean the judges boost up the PCS as well which leaves no room for error for teams that are superior. To me, a clean M/G or B/K should still lose to a team like S/H or T/M with one mistake (as long as it's not some major error like an aborted lift or double fall).
I agree completely.

I disagreed with T/M's narrow loss to clean B/K at the 2020 Russian nationals. The judges gave the win to T/M at the 2021 nationals because B/K also had errors.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
S/M wore white and grey, actually. When they came out I noted that both teams felt a shade of grey suited the music. There's nothing wrong with it. And her dress was quite pretty.

I agree, the judges will love it. I think this is a really strong set of programs going into the Olympic year. They look really good.

Except jumps. M/G have them beat there with that 3S-eu-3S combo. But I do agree if they are totally clean, T/M would beat M/G.
I see the gray in S/M's costume now. Thanks for the link. The impression created is a light color for S/M and dark for T/M. Both are beautiful but different.

After listening to the song and watching the LP 5-6 times I am getting used to the steady beat of this music. The program itself is their best ever LP.

Here is one change I would like (besides the ending)-

They do three lifts in a row at the end. I think the middle one should swap places with the Death spiral, to create more variation in the design.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Medal ceremony

RoseRed

I see the gray in S/M's costume now. Thanks for the link. The impression created is a light color for S/M and dark for T/M. Both are beautiful but different.

After listening to the song and watching the LP 5-6 times I am getting used to the steady beat of this music. The program itself is their best ever LP.

Here is one change I would like (besides the ending)-

They do three lifts in a row at the end. I think the middle one should swap places with the Death spiral, to create more variation in the design.
Yeah, I don't think the costumes are the same at all. I just noted it because I find it interesting what colours/styles different skaters go for for the same music. I agree, both are beautiful and suit the music.

It's probably my favourite FS of theirs already (though I haven't watched Winter in a while).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Practicing outdoor- obviously the FD

T/M's theme this year is 'light'.

SP- Moonlight
LP- Lighthouse

Those three lifts at the end seem to fit the music picking up toward the end.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Vadim Naumov was asked about T/M after their international season debut at Cranberry Cup:

Relevant excerpts, machine translated:
Q: For the sports pair Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov, the first start of the season was the tournament in Boston. What impression did they make on you?
VN: Very favorable, especially in the free program. I was pleasantly surprised by the degree of their readiness, demonstrated at the beginning of the season. This couple often performs in America, but have never seen them so confident in their abilities. Well done! They are already in full combat readiness.
Q: Many Russian figure skating fans expressed concern after the transition of an experienced, established pair to a coach, who had previously worked only with singles.
VN: I was also interested in this experiment. Seeing the guys in action, I can say that there is an answer to all the questions related to the transition: everything was done correctly. I have no doubt that Eteri Tutberidze's team has assistants who work out paired elements with Tarasova and Morozov. And Eteri Georgievna is quite capable of drawing up a program of preparation for the season and its implementation.
Q: ... Can you win the Olympics with the current programs?
VN: It is possible, but for this all the stars must converge. It seems to me that Tarasova and Morozov have been looking for their own style for a long time, and now they have found it. In any case, they feel the programs of the current season and look very organic on the ice. I think Evgenia and Vladimir are real contenders for Olympic gold.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
T/M have definitely found their nitch. It has taken them a long time. I do believe it has to do with Eteri's dedication to her skaters. She wants them to win. T/M looked so well prepared, so early in the season! Their music, costumes, the upgrade to throw 3 Lz are all an indication that they are in good hands.

I was never an Eteri hater. I always respected that her skaters did so well. She is a good manager. She finds the right resources and gets out of the way of the experts, while being focused on the desired results.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
They are in their safe zone. Big airy skating and cross overs to an element and repeat. They've been doing the same thing since forever but this is their last Olympic games. They had no choice but to put it all together. Good on them.
These may not be their Last Olympic Games, though it may be your wish.

"They are doing the same thing forever "? All skaters do that.
I guess you missed all the different styles they tried in the past.

Really, there is no room for haters on a Cheer thread.

Bigbird

These may not be their Last Olympic Games, though it may be your wish.

"They are doing the same thing forever "? All skaters do that.
I guess you missed all the different styles they tried in the past.

Really, there is no room for haters on a Cheer thread.
Good for them.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I loved Medvedeva's LP skated to W.E. I feel that music is great for an LP. I am not sure about SP.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Just to remind myself of the W.E. Music I watched Medvedeva's LP in 2016. I saw it live. She was amazing. The first part of the music has a lot of speed and power. The last part is my favorite.

It could work for T/M. Still I am heartbroken that we will not see their Claire de lune again.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Has anyone seen clips of the new SP on Instagram? I am wondering if this music was something that they had seriously considered and/or had worked on? I saw many clips of CDL before Cranberry. With the test skates really close, perhaps there is some information on their new SP?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am excited about seeing their new SP at the test skates. I am also a bit apprehensive because it may not appear like 'ready'. Not sure how much time they have spent on it. I assume they have made some changes (hopefully minor) to their LP as well. I will be traveling again so I may not get to see it live.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Just saw this on Instagram. I hope this is not bad news. Did Vova pull a muscle?

Instagram is not letting me log in. The usual 'forgot passwor' crap. I am100 percent sure of my password.

Last edited:

angi

Just saw this on Instagram. I hope this is not bad news. Did Vova pull a muscle?

Instagram is not letting me log in. The usual 'forgot passwor' crap. I am100 percent sure of my password.
The music in this clip is "Experience" by Ludovico Einaudi, which is different from the W.E soundtrack music they said they were using for the SP. Weird.
Also, I think he pulled a muscle but it's not looking like a big deal, especially considering Trankov is the one who shared it.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Here is Trankov's explanation about the change of the SP.

Looks like Dani G is the choreographer, though they will use some things from Zhulin's SP.

They will skate to music from the movie W.E.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I was in transit, so I couldn't watch the skates. I read parts of the thread in K&C after coming home. Why am I reading so many negative comments about T/M? Did they skate poorly? Are their costumes awful? Why are people so sure they will retire after this year? They are still young for a pair and they have just found a work environment they love.

Are there any links to their skate? I am dying to see their new SP.

Last edited:

Cherub721

YEAH!
I was in transit, so I couldn't watch the skates. I read parts of the thread in K&C after coming home. Why am I reading so many negative comments about T/M? Did they skate poorly? Are their costumes awful? Why are people so sure they will retire after this year? They are still young for a pair and they have just found a work environment they love.

Re there any links to their skate? I am dying to see their new SP.

Because this is one of the teams that people expect to hate on, so most of them go into their skate thinking "what snarky thing can I say about them and get lots of likes" and being coached by Eteri gives them even more material.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Because this is one of the teams that people expect to hate on, so most of them go into their skate thinking "what snarky thing can I say about them and get lots of likes" and being coached by Eteri gives them even more material.
I'm sorry, which competition thread did you read? Because the one I read was full of compliments for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information