Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I was there tonight to see their free skate & I must say it’s one of my peak experiences from seeing live skating over the years.

Maybe because it came out of nowhere. I was looking forward to seeing them at this event, but I wasn’t expecting much. Because it’s August, and they’ve just changed coaches. But they were magnificent! And I was so happy to see them skate so well after so many disappointing programs.

It’s the little things that really stood out about their skating, like their posture, how close they are in the side-by-side spins and other elements, and the loveliness of Evgenia’s extensions and hand movements when finishing elements. Their unison in stroking and parallel moves also seemed very very good. Those little extra details all add another layer of quality to their skating.
Thanks so much for this eye witness account! I am looking forward to seeing them skate live at Skate America (Got my tickets already). Fingers crossed.

I am sure they will make improvements to the programs, based on the feedback received. This is not the final version of it, but it looks very good. I am so impressed by their throw 3Lz! I didn't even know they were working on it.

Last edited:

nylynnr

My understanding, which may be incorrect, is that scores at Challenger Series events count as personal bests; however, since Cranberry Cup is not a Challenger, T/M's tally would not count. Cranberry Cup scores do count for establishing technical minimums.

Amy L

Some nice photos on Instagram from Tutberidze and Sliusarenko:

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs

Evgenia looks so happy and peaceful. ❤️

rfisher

Let the skating begin

I can see how some could confuse him wit Max if you didn't know who he is. I'm wondering if he brought his other teams with him?

Amy L

He is a pairs coach based out of Perm who mainly works with juniors but he has been working with T/M over the summer too.

I'm pretty sure he left Perm and Eteri recruited him to be her pairs coach. Did Sambo-70 recruit any other pairs besides T/M so far?

I also wonder who is now coaching the Perm teams. The Tiukovs were mostly retired when Sliusarenko took over for them but now he's in Moscow. That would have left a several junior teams a little stranded with either the very elderly Tiukovs or some other coach who'd be extremely inexperienced.

aka_gerbil

I'm pretty sure he left Perm and Eteri recruited him to be her pairs coach. Did Sambo-70 recruit any other pairs besides T/M so far?

I also wonder who is now coaching the Perm teams. The Tiukovs were mostly retired when Sliusarenko took over for them but now he's in Moscow. That would have left a several junior teams a little stranded with either the very elderly Tiukovs or some other coach who'd be extremely inexperienced.
I just read (Via google translate) a post in the t/m thread on fso that he is still based in Perm. He watches video remotely, but worked with T/M in person at Novogorsk and T/M also went to visit in Perm. Max worked with his juniors while he was working with T/M

azcalder

I just read (Via google translate) a post in the t/m thread on fso that he is still based in Perm. He watches video remotely, but worked with T/M in person at Novogorsk and T/M also went to visit in Perm. Max worked with his juniors while he was working with T/M
Just an FYI - I briefly spoke with Vladimir this morning at the hotel. They are heading back to Moscow today.

aka_gerbil

Did they announce who Choreographed their LP? Is it Zhulin or someone else?

Per the Russian article I saw excerpt from, Danil G. had the idea for the music, but there were a lot of contributions from other people to the final product, including Max and Alexei Tikhonov.

Whoever all was involved with it, I think the final result is perfect for T/M. It may be my favorite LP from them ever.

Taso

Their SP is the first time they've ever given me chills. I love it so much :swoon:

Edited to add: who choreographed it?

Last edited:

Cherub721

YEAH!
Per the Russian article I saw excerpt from, Danil G. had the idea for the music, but there were a lot of contributions from other people to the final product, including Max and Alexei Tikhonov.
Wow, I think that's the first time I've heard of Tikhonov being involved with any competetive pairs. That's pretty cool.

Taso

Wow, I think that's the first time I've heard of Tikhonov being involved with any competetive pairs. That's pretty cool.
He seems like such a kind and nurturing person, I could see him being such a good counterbalance to Eteri.

I hope with so many people involved Evgenia and Vladimir are feeling well loved and supported. It is quite the crew they have on their side wanting them to succeed!

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Lyrics of the song Lighthouse. I didn't know them. So I looked up. This is what I found. I don't see a relation to the program but may be it is focused on just the music. I am ok with the program the way it is, except that the ending should be smoother.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I read comments on their FS on YouTube. Most of them were very positive. A few negatives by S/M fans saying they should not have used that music. One even said T/M used same choreography and same color of costume. Is he blind? S/M wore white. T/M wore black/gray. One fan referred to Aymoz. So there could be a few complaints. However, if they skate like this, they would be far better than S/M's worlds 2017 LP, where Savchenko two footed Both throws.

This skate by T/M was sublime, or close to it. The program will get better as the season progresses. If they develop consistency (a huge if) the judges will love it. They are the only ones that matter. Let us see if Eteri can help them get
over their nerves in big competitions. It is good that they have a large number of supportive people around them.

Last edited:

angi

I think there's no real need to worry about fan complaints. In an Olympic season, you want to please the judges and you want to please the once-in-four-years audience. Since Lighthouse didn't end up being S/M signature program (though it was exceptionally good and well-received) I don't think we'll see that many comparisons aside from avid skating fans and let's be real, there aren't many of us, unfortunately. If T/M were to use S/M Olympic FS music it would have been a different discussion since that piece will forever be associated with S/M.
I've watched their FS several more times since they debuted it and I really think the potential of it is huge. The fact that they came out this prepared in August, not just in terms of quality of skating but also in terms of programs and costumes and overall packaging is really reassuring that they and their team have a plan for them to peak at the Olympics. I don't think any other team is as prepared as they are. I think in terms of their FS they have some missed opportunities in placing the elements better within the music in order to create stronger moments and they need to better capitalize on the peak of the music, and as I said that ending has to change (they might be like S/M who changed ending position in every competition until they found the right one for the Olympics).
Most importantly, this competition was an encouraging sign and I hope their trajectory will only go up from here, they are in my opinion the best Russian pairs team and I hope this move to Eteri will give them the confidence and the political boost they need for the Russian Federation to push them as Russia's #1 team going into the Olympics (which might be hard considering they will go up against the reigning world champions).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
In her interview Zhenya talked about the changes they made to Albinone during the season last year because something did not fit the music. I am sure they will do it this season too.

Actually most skaters tweak their programs as the season progresses. So nothing unusual in it. They have thrown a gauntlet to other Russian pairs with this skate. I have no doubt the program will be a masterpiece and they will have to skate it clean in the Olympics to win (always a challenge under the Olympic pressure).

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I think there's no real need to worry about fan complaints. In an Olympic season, you want to please the judges and you want to please the once-in-four-years audience. Since Lighthouse didn't end up being S/M signature program (though it was exceptionally good and well-received) I don't think we'll see that many comparisons aside from avid skating fans and let's be real, there aren't many of us, unfortunately. If T/M were to use S/M Olympic FS music it would have been a different discussion since that piece will forever be associated with S/M.
I've watched their FS several more times since they debuted it and I really think the potential of it is huge. The fact that they came out this prepared in August, not just in terms of quality of skating but also in terms of programs and costumes and overall packaging is really reassuring that they and their team have a plan for them to peak at the Olympics. I don't think any other team is as prepared as they are. I think in terms of their FS they have some missed opportunities in placing the elements better within the music in order to create stronger moments and they need to better capitalize on the peak of the music, and as I said that ending has to change (they might be like S/M who changed ending position in every competition until they found the right one for the Olympics).
Most importantly, this competition was an encouraging sign and I hope their trajectory will only go up from here, they are in my opinion the best Russian pairs team and I hope this move to Eteri will give them the confidence and the political boost they need for the Russian Federation to push them as Russia's #1 team going into the Olympics (which might be hard considering they will go up against the reigning world champions).
If T/M skate clean, they will beat Mish/Gal. They have better everything. And, I'm a fan of M/Gs. It comes down to both Tarasova and Morozov remaining calm and confident and doing their jobs. They are in shape physically, they have two strong programs and they have an excellent coaching team behind them. All they have to do is skate.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
If T/M skate clean, they will beat Mish/Gal. They have better everything. And, I'm a fan of M/Gs. It comes down to both Tarasova and Morozov remaining calm and confident and doing their jobs. They are in shape physically, they have two strong programs and they have an excellent coaching team behind them. All they have to do is skate.
yeah but Mishina/ Gallaimov are more consistent
except in Nationals.

RoseRed

I read comments on their FS on YouTube. Most of them were very positive. A few negatives by S/M fans saying they should not have used that music. One even said T/M used same choreography and same color of costume. Is he blind? S/M wore white. T/M wore black/gray. One fan referred to Aymoz. So there could be a few complaints. However, if they skate like this, they would be far better than S/M's worlds 2017 LP, where Savchenko two footed Both throws.

This skate by T/M was sublime, or close to it. The program will get better as the season progresses. If they develop consistency (a huge if) the judges will love it. They are the only ones that matter. Let us see if Eteri can help them get
over their nerves in big competitions. It is good that they have a large number of supportive people around them.
S/M wore white and grey, actually. When they came out I noted that both teams felt a shade of grey suited the music. There's nothing wrong with it. And her dress was quite pretty.

I agree, the judges will love it. I think this is a really strong set of programs going into the Olympic year. They look really good.
Except jumps. M/G have them beat there with that 3S-eu-3S combo. But I do agree if they are totally clean, T/M would beat M/G.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I see M/G as a team that is still developing. I was a bit surprised when they beat S/H last year. They had a great program and energy. I don't remember if S/H had any errors, but in China they will be tough to beat, if they are almost clean. T/M will have to be perfect in both SP and LP to have a chance. M/G could be an even better team in 2022, which could make it tougher.

angi

I don't remember if S/H had any errors, but in China they will be tough to beat, if they are almost clean.
Sui/Han had issues with their jumps, they got 3Tq+2T+2T< and 3S< and had a step out from the UR 3S, it cost them about 4-5 points from my calculations. They also got 3Tq in the SP which cost them ~2-3 points. The final gap between them and M/G was 1.88 points so if they were clean it would have gone to S/H.
Personally, I like M/G a lot but I thought S/H deserved the win and that they weren't scored fairly on PCS, to have the PCS gap between M/G and S/H be 1.15 points is just not right. In fact, that's one of my main issues with how the pairs are being scored both domestically and internationally. M/G and B/K are both teams that are still developing and they are inferior to teams like T/M and S/H when it comes to skating skills, ice coverage, speed, and so on, and once a program is skated clean the judges boost up the PCS as well which leaves no room for error for teams that are superior. To me, a clean M/G or B/K should still lose to a team like S/H or T/M with one mistake (as long as it's not some major error like an aborted lift or double fall).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information