Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Are T&M going to stay in the USA after Cranberry till Skate America? That's like 6-7 weeks. Skaters are used to traveling frequently but at this time I thought they would travel less. That is why I wondered if they would stay Here for that long. The downside of it would be lack of ice time. So May be they will fly back to Moscow after Cranberry.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
Are T&M going to stay in the USA after Cranberry till Skate America? That's like 6-7 weeks. Skaters are used to traveling frequently but at this time I thought they would travel less. That is why I wondered if they would stay Here for that long. The downside of it would be lack of ice time. So May be they will fly back to Moscow after Cranberry.
I doubt it. They have test skates in Russia between the two events.

Cherub721

YEAH!
No offense to anyone who has tickets, but I hope they don't show up. All that travel back and forth seems too risky for this level of event. I can wait til test skates to see them.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I think pairs SP is this evening at the Cranberry, right? We will find out soon if they are competing. I can't wait to see their new programs but I agree with Cherub that perhaps they should avoid the travel.

Amy L

Pictures from practice are starting to show up on Instagram. Tutberidze and Sliusarenko are with them in Boston.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I love the choice of Claire de lune for their SP, but why aren't we hearing about their LP? Are they keeping Albinone/Dimash? May be they are still developing their new LP and will use the old one for now? I remember B&S did something like that with Citylights/Meditation in 2001-2002. I always prefer that skaters give a lot of mileage to their new programs.

Last edited:

beckab81

Anyone know why Trankov isn't at the competition with them? I think he talked about it on Instagram (but only in video, and I don't speak russian).

Excited to see the full Claire de lune tonight!

angi

I love the choice of Claire de lune for their SP, but why aren't we hearing about their LP? Are they keeping Albinone/Dimash? May be they are still developing their new LP and will use the old one for now? I remember B&S did something like that with Citylights/Meditation in 2001-2002. I always prefer that skaters give a lot of mileage to their new programs.
I hope they are not keeping it since I don't think it's strong enough for an Olympic season. I also hope they'll debut their FS tomorrow, there's less than a month until test skates and they need the millage in order to have a successful debut there.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Anyone know why Trankov isn't at the competition with them? I think he talked about it on Instagram (but only in video, and I don't speak russian).

May be he doesn't want to travel so far for an event that is not very important?

Amy L

I went to go check his Instagram, and the story is still up. My Russian skillz are pretty terrible, but what I got from what he said was that he couldn't get a visa for the US but is hoping things will work out in time for Skate America.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I went to go check his Instagram, and the story is still up. My Russian skillz are pretty terrible, but what I got from what he said was that he couldn't get a visa for the US but is hoping things will work out in time for Skate America.
I suspect that's why ET is there. She was already in the US visiting family.

aka_gerbil

I hope they are not keeping it since I don't think it's strong enough for an Olympic season. I also hope they'll debut their FS tomorrow, there's less than a month until test skates and they need the millage in order to have a successful debut there.
Somewhere at some point, it was mentioned that Zhulin was also choreographing their long. I guess we get to find out the music the old fashioned way when we see the program.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Beautiful program but why can't Zhenya land a sbs triple?

I have a feeling that tomorrow they will skate to Albinone. It doesn't mean it will be their program going into the Olympics.

aka_gerbil

It’s all mental. I saw a tweet she landed 3 perfect ones in the warmup.

I don’t think they’ll skate the old program tomorrow. Skaters do not like to do that.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
It’s all mental. I saw a tweet she landed 3 perfect ones in the warmup.

I don’t think they’ll skate the old program tomorrow. Skaters do not like to do that.
Agree. They aren't going in to the test skate with an old program. That defeats the purpose.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I missed the change of costume. Loved the starting blue. At the end I was surprised to see something yellow on the dress, but I thought I must have missed seeing it earlier. :)
They should just keep the starting blue throughout.

The packaging looks good. Now all they need is land clean sbs triples.

Last edited:

Cherub721

YEAH!
I liked everything except I think the costume change interrupts the flow of the program and really doesn't add anything. They don't need it.

I am starting to wonder if no announcement means it's not a new LP.

angi

Oh wow, was not expecting this one. Lighthouse from Patrick Watson is a beautiful piece of music with just enough crescendos to make an impression. It does bring to mind an inevitable comparison with Savchenko/Massot's 2017 FS but if this will be a strong program I don't think it will matter that much.

It sucks about Tarasova's fall on the sbs jumps but I also saw her landing 3-4 perfectly clean ones at the warm-up, the skills are there and I hope she'll manage to break that menta block.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Oh wow, was not expecting this one. Lighthouse from Patrick Watson is a beautiful piece of music with just enough crescendos to make an impression. It does bring to mind an inevitable comparison with Savchenko/Massot's 2017 FS but if this will be a strong program I don't think it will matter that much.

It sucks about Tarasova's fall on the sbs jumps but I also saw her landing 3-4 perfectly clean ones at the warm-up, the skills are there and I hope she'll manage to break that menta block.
I have never heard this music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information