Tarasova/Morozov Cheer Thread

Cherub721

YEAH!
I'm sorry, which competition thread did you read? Because the one I read was full of compliments for them.

There wasn't a competition today and my comment was about the reactions to them in general, but anyway, this is their fan thread so I'm not going to go and copy negative comments in here or debate them.

clairecloutier

I watched the new and old SPs back to back, and I don’t think Gleikhengauz changed much except the opening and closing. A lot of the choreographic flourishes and even most of the step sequence look the same. LOL. I kind of preferred Clair de Lune, just because I think it’s more beautiful music than “Experience” (what happened to W.E.?) and I liked how T/M’s skating filled the silences, so to speak. But when T/M skate as well as they have been so far, I think either piece will work.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I watched the new SP and then the old SP.

The Old SP is more subtle and I love the music. They were less confident. I like the details in this.

The new SP may have stronger appeal to the audience. It has more power. It has the detail too. This is the type that could top S&H, and hopefully M&G. It will not get the Boring label. My only disappointment is that this is not the W.E. Soundtrack.

Preferred the costumes in the old (minus the costume change). Of course they can improve upon the costumes In the new. It is WIP.

My personal preference - if they skate both the same way- would be Claire de Lune, but they cannot go wrong with either one.

angi

Not a good outing for them today, I felt like it was mostly nerves but I hoped they put these types of messy skates behind them. I hope they'll regroup in time for the GP season and maybe do another event before SA.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Still their mental being is whats holding them back as usual.
This is Mishina / Galliamovs advantage, other than that T/M blow the skating skills and programs.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
Not a good outing for them today, I felt like it was mostly nerves but I hoped they put these types of messy skates behind them. I hope they'll regroup in time for the GP season and maybe do another event before SA.
Evgenia is getting over an injury and was only cleared to start jumping again a little over a week ago.

“- I injured my leg at the beginning of the season, there was a long recovery, the injury periodically makes itself felt. One day I realized that I could not jump. They did an MRI scan, prescribed treatment, did only supports for a week, and started jumping in only a week and a half. The work was crumpled, there was not enough time for preparation, - added Tarasova.”

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Is there a link for just T/M LP? I saw one that is 6 hours long and contains the entire test skates LP-all 4 disciplines. Hard to search for one program.

Amy L

Is there a link for just T/M LP? I saw one that is 6 hours long and contains the entire test skates LP-all 4 disciplines. Hard to search for one program.

I don't have a link to just their LP, but I did find the time code to the start of their LP

Channel One also posted another mini-documentary. You can clearly see that Zhenya has her right ankle wrapped, so I guess that's specifically what her injury is.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Just watched their LP at the test skates and a part of the documentary. The lack of practice time for jumps and throws is obvious. I think their timing was off throughout, which explains the final aborted lift. I still believe this is the right program for them. Barring injuries it could be great, like at Cranberry.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
In retrospect I am wondering if T/M should have skipped this test skate? Of course they wanted to show their new SP but they had not had enough time to work on their LP it seems.

aka_gerbil

I think test skates are too important of an event to miss in Russia unless one is actually sick. They also needed to get the new short out.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I like the idea of their LP. They should give it a title - Reflection. That's what they are expressing, based on Zhenya's interview. Hopefully it will keep some viewers from making silly comments about their repetitive hand-joining Moves.

Examples from the past -

The Duschenays' Reality and Dream

M&D's Liberstaum was described as she is a cloud, he is a poet who is in love with the cloud.

I can think of more.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Instagram from Chelyabinsk

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
This is an artistic creation.

This from their program

who says Vladimir lacks expression?

angi

Are they competing this weekend in the first Russian Cup? I thought I read somewhere that they withdrew but they are currently on the entries list.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I hope T/M are healthy enough to skate well. Another weak performance will not bode well. Has Zhenya fully recovered from her injury?

3T3T

I’d agreed, I hope they are fully recovered and able to skate to their best. Another poor performance will not be good for their confidence or the Russian Feds confidence in them.

They came out the door with two really strong performances, displaying all their amazing qualities. Let’s keep that in people’s mind. From the test skates I think they have the best programmes of all the Russian teams. But they need to deliver when the pressure is on.

Best of luck to them in Syzran.

Amy L

I hope T/M are healthy enough to skate well. Another weak performance will not bode well. Has Zhenya fully recovered from her injury?

I haven't read anything recent about Zhenya's injury. I hope she's doing well. They don't really have any direct competition in Syzran but they can't water everything down, either. If their scores are too close to Artemieva/Nazaychev that would be an embarrassment, but they don't have to go all out either. One thing Eteri is definitely good at is strategy, so hopefully she can give them good advice.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Will they skate the new SP? It was a success at the test skate, so I assume they will.

aka_gerbil

I thought they had a nice skate today—tiny little glitch on the 3T, but she saved it whereas I’m not sure she would have in the past and they still ended up with positive GOE. I feel like they’re where they need to be at this point in the season. It’s good to see them skating with so much command after the years where they almost looked terrified to be competing.

They are now going to Finlandia instead of B/K. That will make event 4 of the season before the GP starts.

Last edited:

aka_gerbil

Some glitches today, but it looked like Evgenia’s leg was clearly bothering her.

I’m now kind of hoping they’ll skip Finlandia to concentrate on getting her bette for SA. They’ve had 3 outings already this season and it doesn’t seem like given the circumstances, it’s worth it to go skate hurt at Finlandia.

angi

Some glitches today, but it looked like Evgenia’s leg was clearly bothering her.
To me she looked visibly in pain and uncomfortable, I wish they would have skipped this event and just went to Finlandia instead so she can properly heal, these kinds of outings are not very helpful to their momentum.
I'm also disappointed they switched the order of some of the elements, I feel like they are not utilizing the music as well as they should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information