Sui/Han Olympic Silver Medalists

chapis

Their original thread got lost, so I am starting a new one, suggestions are accepted to change the name of the title. They did a great job, for me their SP was THE PERFORMANCE of the competition, congrats on their silver medal :respec: :40beers:

Pang on Sui/Han:"It is a bit regretful, but winning a silver at your first Olympics is certainly a great achievement. None of us (other Chinese medalists) was able to do that. Don't forget how young they are, and the pressure they had. They will continue to grow in the future."
yes.gif

https://twitter.com/pandaatlarge/sta...17848665374720

http://magicaleggplant.tumblr.com/po...aches-shen-and
http://magicaleggplant.tumblr.com/po...e-are-so-close

Nice article about their programs http://www.insideskating.net/2018/02...g-of-a-classic

--------

Medal ceremony :) https://streamable.com/94gm0

SamuraiK

Sui & Han are amazing. Overall a better team than Savchenko & Massot for sure but the silver was deserved. They are indeed very young and I hope they dominate the next cycle with ease because next time at Home Olympics the pressure will be even bigger.

Skittl1321

I like Sui/Han a lot. I hope in time she is happy with her silver medal as the achievement it is. I only saw the stuffed animal ceremony (I imagine she was more composed for the medals, as she had some time), and I just wanted to give her a hug; I'm glad he did! I hope her injuries don't continue to plague her and they are able to get a gold in the future.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Sui earned every right to cry! They were so close to Gold. Shoot just the tremendous stress of the last two days would have me in a puddle on the floor. Crying doesn't necessarily mean petulance . Crying is a way to relieve stress. And she had to be mad at herself. Pressure or injury...I don't think I have ever seen her succomb to either.
She is one tough cookie. Silver doesn't do it when your goal is gold and you are a hairsbreath away.

MRani

Sui earned every right to cry! They were so close to Gold. Shoot just the tremendous stress of the last two days would have me in a puddle on the floor. Crying doesn't necessarily mean petulance . Crying is a way to relieve stress. And she had to be mad at herself. Pressure or injury...I don't think I have ever seen her succomb to either.
She is one tough cookie. Silver doesn't do it when your goal is gold and you are a hairsbreath away.

I don’t know what people have been saying in the PBP thread since I can’t go there, but I haven’t seen anyone blaming Sui for crying in the other threads. Some disappointment in that situation is only natural and she has every right to feel what she feels, plus she displayed great sportsmanship by congratulating Aliona first and didn’t let any tears out until they were standing on the plushie ceremony podium. Glad Han and her coaches gave her a big hug and I hope they both are proud of the incredible performances they gave the world at this Olympics!

Ohyes

I see this as a good thing. They can take over as number one after this season is over unless a miracle happens to T/M and win gold in 2022 in their home country, which is literally the place to win Olympic gold.

nimi

interview with S/H + FS recap, with English subtitles (7+ min)
(Also featuring Shen Xue and Han's parents who made them dumplings to show their support)

I had heard about the leg injury Sui had that required stitches, but I didn't know she got acute periostitis as well :eek:

She said the pain was around 7-8 (on a 1-10 scale) when she was skating here :eek: :eek: :eek:

Okay, now I'm a bit worried what happens if they decide to go to Worlds and continue training hard. I just want her to get healthy and be able to skate relatively pain-free. Please rest your leg and get well, Sui! <3

Last edited:

judgejudy27

I feel for them but they already have achieved so much, and have a great shot at the gold in 2022! I do hope they let Savchenko/Massot win Worlds too though as they dont have a World title yet and Sui/Han will win many more of them.

Skate Talker

I always say that the Gold and Bronze medalists are 99% of the time, happy on the podium while the Silver medalist is almost always looking at their medal with some amount of disappointment.

Japanfan

I'm disappointed, but am sure they are much more disappointed than me.

And if they had to get a serious injury, this was the season to do it, right at the very beginning of the next Olympic cycle - although it would have been better if it had happened after the Olympics.

I think the universe meant for this to be Aliona's Olympics. 2022 will hopefully be for Sui/Han.

As I've posted elsewhere, Sui can take a lesson from Aliona's playback and Shen/Zhao playbook - all three had to earn two Olympic bronzes before finally getting the gold. By comparison, Sui/Han are ahead of the game.

Sui earned every right to cry! Pressure or injury...I don't think I have ever seen her succomb to either.

I agree that silver doesn't won't do it for Sui/Han, but it earning an Olympic silver in one's Olympic debut is quite an accomplishment.

Sui can take a page from Aliona's playbook and Shen/Zhao's playback - it took all three of them three tries and three bronzes to get the Gold. By comparison, Sui/Han are ahead of the game.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Not glad to hear that....but good to know. Sui is made of steel
Seems like a very log in patient rehab for a stress fracture. I wonder if the fracture damaged some of the other work she had done on her feet.

AxelAnnie

Good?

I hope she'll make a great recovery. Dang, she must practice the heck out of those little feet and ankles. I want her to hold up another four years.
Good to know in that it adds sense to what happened and to her reaction. Obviously not good that it happened. ((Sigh))

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information