Stars on Ice Canada

Skate Talker

Étoiles sur glace on Radio Canada tomorrow at 7 pm.

Stars on Ice on CBC on December 20th, at 9 pm.
Thanks so much for the alert. I had the CBC one set to record but would have totally missed the Radio Canada version. Sometimes they choose different numbers so it's good to watch both. I notice though that it is also unfortunately only 1 hour long so maybe not this time.

seabm7

Thanks so much for the alert. I had the CBC one set to record but would have totally missed the Radio Canada version. Sometimes they choose different numbers so it's good to watch both. I notice though that it is also unfortunately only 1 hour long so maybe not this time.

I also hope they use a different cut. Several years ago, I found a one-hour European version of Canadian Stars on Ice. They used a different selections from the Canadian version.

honey

From memory, Radio Canada showed:

Opening Number (Raise Your Glass)
Weaver/Poje (Applause)
Patrick Chan (Lovers in a Dangerous Time)
Virtue/Moir (You Rock My World)
Kaetlyn Osmond (Lost)
Duhamel/Radford (music is escaping me now, but she had a gold dress on)
Gabrielle Daleman (I Have Nothing)
Osmond, Daleman, Chan, V/M, D/R (Fields of Gold)
Weaver, Virtue, Poje small interlude (music again escaping my mind)
Kaetlyn Osmond (Too Darn Hot)
Virtue/Moir (Moulin Rouge)
Patrick Chan (Hallelujah)
Abbreviated finale (You Will be Found) - only showed maybe the final minute or so of this number

They had commentators, which is totally unnecessary. They included some of the video bits from the show with the skaters talking a bit about their feelings from the Olympics. Totally cut from the broadcast were Javier Fernandez and Elvis Stojko. Though the helpful commentators pointed them out by name in the opening number :shuffle:

I suspect the english CBC broadcast will be similar, but like has been mentioned, perhaps a european broadcast will appear at some point with the rest of the missing numbers!

blue_idealist

From memory, Radio Canada showed:

Opening Number (Raise Your Glass)
Weaver/Poje (Applause)
Patrick Chan (Lovers in a Dangerous Time)
Virtue/Moir (You Rock My World)
Kaetlyn Osmond (Lost)
Duhamel/Radford (music is escaping me now, but she had a gold dress on)
Gabrielle Daleman (I Have Nothing)
Osmond, Daleman, Chan, V/M, D/R (Fields of Gold)
Weaver, Virtue, Poje small interlude (music again escaping my mind)
Kaetlyn Osmond (Too Darn Hot)
Virtue/Moir (Moulin Rouge)
Patrick Chan (Hallelujah)
Abbreviated finale (You Will be Found) - only showed maybe the final minute or so of this number

They had commentators, which is totally unnecessary. They included some of the video bits from the show with the skaters talking a bit about their feelings from the Olympics. Totally cut from the broadcast were Javier Fernandez and Elvis Stojko. Though the helpful commentators pointed them out by name in the opening number :shuffle:

I suspect the english CBC broadcast will be similar, but like has been mentioned, perhaps a european broadcast will appear at some point with the rest of the missing numbers!

I watched the CBC version and I think the list of performances was exactly the same (no Stojko, Fernandez or Buttle on their own).

Skate Talker

Yes, I compared them and the difference was only in the SRC having talking heads at the beginning and end to talk all about the skaters.
For whatever reason, I had the descriptive video on and it was so weird I decided to leave on and heard so fun things. Jumps were called twirls throughout. Actually, though the audio was mostly describing the movements, there were no known skating terms used. People moved and stretched, punched arms, bent and twirled and kicked. Head-banger type moves were decribed as "like a fan". Kaetlyn doing a layback was mis-identified as Tessa. More strangely, Elvis was identified as Eric Radford. Also during one of the group numbers Scott apparently threw Tessa 20 feet. Somehow I missed that move. (I was PVRing so was also able to watch without the description.)

Anyway, it was a unique experience. I realize the required non-stop descriptions of movements were pretty challenging while also being boringly repetitive. A lot of work went into it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information