Stars on Ice 2021 North American tour

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Good for the people around Dodge City that get to see live skating but that is not a place I would have any interest in traveling to.

Turnips2026

Jamie hasn't skated in years, and she seems to be at a much better place in her life than Meghan.
Late to this, but check out Jamie's twitter likes. Her recent likes and tweet replies are now full-on Q-anon garbage. Like believing JFK is still alive, Trump is still president, and literally liking dozens and dozens of pro-Trump, anti-vaxx, Qanon tweets per day. She has completely gone off the deep end into the Q-cult. The timing of her likes changing to this content match up to when she became almost non-existent on social media.

She seems mentally unwell and definitely not in a good place.

Sylvia

TBD

More dates are announced on the holiday tour:

Sunday, December 12
Frisco, TX - Comerica Center

Wednesday, December 15
Cedar Park, TX - H-E-B Center

Friday, December 17
Dodge City, KS - United Wireless Arena

Saturday, December 18
Moline, IL - TaxSlayer Center

Sunday, December 19
Duluth, MN - Amsoil Arena
SOI's cast photo on the ice during rehearsal (Weaver/Poje, Abbott, Davis/White, Browning, Kulik, Bradley, Wagner, Czisny, Nagasu): https://www.instagram.com/p/CXZGw0CpUac/
First holiday show is today in Frisco, TX at 4 pm.

Short clip of skaters stepping off the ice after rehearsal yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CXWQFq8l5OR/

Willowway

SOI's cast photo on the ice during rehearsal (Weaver/Poje, Abbott, Davis/White, Browning, Kulik, Bradley, Wagner, Czisny, Nagasu): https://www.instagram.com/p/CXZGw0CpUac/
First holiday show is today in Frisco, TX at 4 pm.

Short clip of skaters stepping off the ice after rehearsal yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/CXWQFq8l5OR/
Terrific IG of Kaitlyn and Ilia practicing some lovely footwork with a surprise ending.

Sonata

My brain is vaguely remembering now…. Didn’t Kurt retire from touring? And now he’s doing the NA holiday tour? Don’t get me wrong, love that he’s still skating! I just want info on his anti-injury formula.

Teenes

My brain is vaguely remembering now…. Didn’t Kurt retire from touring? And now he’s doing the NA holiday tour? Don’t get me wrong, love that he’s still skating! I just want info on his anti-injury formula.

Kurt has “retired” multiple times from touring, but keeps coming back. His latest comeback (in 2019) was after rehabilitation from a hockey injury left him feeling stronger and more fit than he had in years. He’s a big proponent (and co-owner now) of Isophit and isometric exercise, which he fully credits for getting him in better shape, with less injury and muscle soreness.

He had an aspirational goal to reach 30 years with CSOI, but the pandemic has made it a lot less likely since the tour keeps getting putting off. But he is listed as a cast member for the spring 2022 tour (which I think would be his 28th).

Sonata

He had an aspirational goal to reach 30 years with CSOI, but the ********* has made it a lot less likely since the tour keeps getting putting off. But he is listed as a cast member for the spring 2022 tour (which I think would be his 28th).
Thanks! I admit it would be pretty cool if he could reach 30 years. My nostalgic heart leapt a bit when I saw he would be touring with Elvis. My brain, however, can’t comprehend that it’s been almost 30 years that I’ve been watching him on CSOI.

I did see him talking about Isophit in early months of pandemic on tv. Interesting to think that a back injury curtailed his Olympic dreams yet he’s still skating almost 30 years later!

Sylvia

TBD

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
That's great news. Hasn't it been years since Mervin performed in shows with Narumi?
Tran has had several partners since breaking up with Takahashi after 2012 Worlds (him deciding not to get Japanese citizenship). He was skating up until the end of the 2021 season with US skater Olivia Serafini, and also skated with Marissa Castelli.

livetoskate

Tran has had several partners since breaking up with Takahashi after 2012 Worlds (him deciding not to get Japanese citizenship). He was skating up until the end of the 2021 season with US skater Olivia Serafini, and also skated with Marissa Castelli.
Yes, I was wondering if he'd had any other paid opportunities to skate in shows. The last I recall is that he got to skate in shows in Japan with Narumi.

jlai

Question everything
I went to see Stars on Ice tonight. I really like Weaver/Poje's tango, Mirai's first number, and Kurt Browning, of course. Despite the fact that he initially fell on his 2A and 3t in his first number (which he landed later in the number and the next number), no one moved like him.

Teenes

I went to the Cedar Park show on Wednesday and really enjoyed it! It was so nice to be at a live skating event again, and it seemed like the skaters felt the same way. Kurt did tell me that he was having trouble adjusting to jumping with spotlights again. Given how terrible the spotlights were at the show (lost the skaters a lot of the time and some of them were in total darkness during group numbers), it had to have been particularly challenging!

Photos to come...

I definitely recommend seeing the show if you have the chance. It's in Dodge City, KS right now, so probably too late for people in that area, but if you're near Moline, IL tomorrow or Duluth, MN on Sunday, check it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information