Stars on Ice 2021 North American tour

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Assuming everything actually goes ahead (fingers crossed, but I really don't want to jinx it!), BF is getting me tickets to the Hamilton show, to make up for my failed birthday present in 2020.

I'm getting my first vaccine this Tuesday, so my 2nd one should be no later than September 18th. Looking forward to actually getting to do something fun!

Skate Talker

ok that is weird!! Why isn't he skating with Lubov?
Stars on Ice is a commercial enterprise that wants to hire skaters with name recognition to draw in not only hardcore skating fans. Due to 2018 Olympics Gold team and Bronze individual medals, two World Championships and several Canadian Cahmpionships Meagan has a definite edge - plus she is the one who was under contract with Stars on Ice. Stars on Ice was not reaching out to Dylan + partner to skate in the show.

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
I have a soft spot for Dylan, whatever partnership he is in. Knowing that I could see him skate again was what pushed me over the edge to buy a SOI ticket....although not an on-ice seat, alilou!
I still have guilt pangs for not giving him a SO on what was clearly his last skate with Lubov. Maybe I can atone for that next October.

Sylvia

TBD
But the Lake Placid Olympic Center is in the midst of renovation for the 2023 Universiade.
Right. I posted my original comment before I had read about the extensive renovations that are ongoing at the Olympic Center in Lake Placid - links to articles on this topic are in this thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...r-orda-in-lake-placid-ny.106601/#post-6003475

Thanks for the heads up, @victorskid!
“I’ve performed all over the world, but I’ve never had the opportunity before to skate in a show in front of my fellow Canadians,” said Elladj Baldé. “Stars on Ice is helping me realize this dream, all while sharing the ice with icons that were big inspirations of mine, like Kurt Browning and Elvis Stojko.”
Also joining this year’s tour is Olympic Bronze medalist, and former Dancing with the Stars contestant Mirai Nagasu. This completes the cast lineup as Stars on Ice returns to the ice in Canada after a 17-month hiatus. The new production, simply entitled “Journey,” will effortlessly glide fans into an on-ice visual exploration of the myriad of feelings experienced over the past year, all while learning to adapt and grow in this new world in which we live.
Meagan D. & Dylan M. recently have begun practicing together: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSNSGncl00a/

ETA:

This is the Nashville show on November 21, 2021 that Meagan mentions in her Instagram post:
Skating cast:
Katia Gordeeva
Kaetlyn Osmond
Jeffrey Buttle
Jeremy Abbott
Meagan Duhamel with Dylan Moscovitch
Kaitlyn Weaver & Andrew Poje
Alissa Czisny
Ryan Bradley
Elladj Baldé

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Announcement posted on the U.S. SOI website on August 6th:

Stars on Ice has made the difficult decision to delay the return of our tour to the U.S. until after the 2022 Winter Olympics in Beijing.

A combination of venue availability and skater competition schedules have made it extremely difficult for Stars on Ice to bring the top American skaters to our fans this fall.

We look forward to launching a full tour next spring in the wake of the ongoing excitement the Winter Games brings to the figure skating world.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Another show that I had/have tickets for has been postponed (for the third time) to the week before SOI in Vancouver.

I'd love to see Elladj and everyone too, but unless things change significantly between then and now, I'm going to limit myself to one mass-audience event around then, and it will probably be the other show :( Assuming I feel comfortable enough to even go to that one....

puglover

I have been watching this carefully. To be honest, I love Kurt and Kaetlyn and Meaghan and that is about the extent of my enthusiasm. Now with Elladj I am more interested. It looks like there are still very good seats available here in Winnipeg. I don't want to go by myself and think Mr. Puglover would be less than enthusiastic. Maybe my DIL but then I would probably have to buy an extra seat for her daughter.

Sylvia

TBD
August 28, 2021 announcement:
(Toronto, ON) – In light of the evolving health concerns surrounding the COVID-19 Delta variant in Canada, Stars on Ice has made the difficult decision to move the 2021 tour to Spring 2022. After consulting with local health officials and venues in the tour host cities, a decision was made that assures the best scenario to guarantee the safety of tour staff, performers and attendees. The world’s premier figure skating show is scheduled to resume performances in 12 cities nationwide beginning in Halifax, NS on Friday, April 29th, and wrapping up in Victoria, BC on Saturday, May 21st.
All Stars on Ice tickets purchased from the official ticket agencies for the 2021 Tour will be honored and automatically transferred, with the same seat locations, to the new Spring 2022 show dates. Additionally, all Stars on Ice Meet & Greet passes that were purchased for the 2021 Tour will automatically transfer. Additional ticket information is available by contacting the original ticket vendors.

To purchase tickets and for additional information, please visit www.starsonice.ca. The updated tour dates are as follows:
STARS ON ICE – 2022 SCHEDULE
Friday, April 29 Halifax, NS Scotiabank Centre
Sunday, May 1 Ottawa, ON Canadian Tire Centre
Wednesday, May 4 Laval, QC Place Bell
Friday, May 6 Toronto, ON Scotiabank Arena
Saturday, May 7 Hamilton, ON FirstOntario Centre
Sunday, May 8 London, ON Budweiser Gardens
Thursday, May 12 Winnipeg, MB Canada Life Centre
Saturday, May 14 Calgary, AB Scotiabank Saddledome
Sunday, May 15 Edmonton, AB Rogers Place
Wednesday, May 18 Kelowna, BC Prospera Place
Thursday, May 19 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena
Saturday, May 21 Victoria, BC Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre

greenapple

No surprise that the Canadian Stars on Ice tour has been postponed. People in many parts of Canada are barely willing to dine indoors with limited occupancy at this point so it would be hard to imagine people would be paying to sit in an enclosed stadium with thousands of strangers for 2 plus hours.

This actually works out much better for me :shuffle: I love going to Vancouver in the spring, and there was no way it was going to work this fall :)

seabm7

2021 end of year "Holiday Tour" has been announced:

December 18, 7pm
The TaxSlayer Center, Moline

Meryl Davis & Charlie White
Kurt Browning
Ilia Kulik
Ashley Wagner
Mirai Nagasu
Jeremy Abbott
Alissa Czisny
Kaitlin Weaver & Andrew Poje
Ryan Bradley

Moline is at the border of Illinois and Iowa.

(Sorry, I copied the old holiday tour info from 2019, then fixed the content. It seems to me they forgot updating the starsonice.com pages.)

Last edited:

seabm7

More dates are announced on the holiday tour:

Sunday, December 12
Frisco, TX - Comerica Center

Wednesday, December 15
Cedar Park, TX - H-E-B Center

Friday, December 17
Dodge City, KS - United Wireless Arena

Saturday, December 18
Moline, IL - TaxSlayer Center

Sunday, December 19
Duluth, MN - Amsoil Arena

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

More dates are announced on the holiday tour:

Sunday, December 12
Frisco, TX - Comerica Center

Wednesday, December 15
Cedar Park, TX - H-E-B Center

Friday, December 17
Dodge City, KS - United Wireless Arena

Saturday, December 18
Moline, IL - TaxSlayer Center

Sunday, December 19
Duluth, MN - Amsoil Arena
Are any of these towns close to an airport? I’d love to see the show.

Teenes

Are any of these towns close to an airport? I’d love to see the show.
Both the Moline show and the Dodge City shows are about 10-15 minutes from an airport. But Dodge City is only served by United flying through Denver. Moline is close enough that the hotels by the arena run airport shuttles. Cedar Park is about 35-40 minutes outside of Austin, while Frisco is about 30 minutes from the Dallas airport. I didn't look into Duluth.

meggonzo

Banned Member
Both the Moline show and the Dodge City shows are about 10-15 minutes from an airport. But Dodge City is only served by United flying through Denver. Moline is close enough that the hotels by the arena run airport shuttles. Cedar Park is about 35-40 minutes outside of Austin, while Frisco is about 30 minutes from the Dallas airport. I didn't look into Duluth.
Duluth has a small airport, but you'd likely have to connect through MSP to get there.

Teenes

Yeah I didn't get the impression that any of the last 3 cities were close to an airport with direct flights from many locations.

BTW just wanted to point out that the show in Manitoba actually has a mostly different cast than the US shows - Kurt Browning, Kaetlyn Osmond, Jeff Buttle, Alissa Czisny. Shawn Sawyer, and Elladj Balde, so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information