Stars on Ice 2021 North American tour

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I am really surprised that ME-agan didn't partner up with Jamie Sale. That would have been cool. They could call themselves The Bitter Sisters and whine and complain about how awfully they've been treated by EVERYONE according to their TRUTH. They could do sbs 2toes and wipe their tears in unison. They'd obviously skate to I Will Survive, because only they have the true experience of being broken up with. Right.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I am really surprised that ME-agan didn't partner up with Jamie Sale. That would have been cool. They could call themselves The Bitter Sisters and whine and complain about how awfully they've been treated by EVERYONE according to their TRUTH. They could do abs 2toes and wipe their tears in unison.
Jamie hasn't skated in years, and she seems to be at a much better place in her life than Meghan.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I am really surprised that ME-agan didn't partner up with Jamie Sale. That would have been cool. They could call themselves The Bitter Sisters and whine and complain about how awfully they've been treated by EVERYONE according to their TRUTH. They could do sbs 2toes and wipe their tears in unison. They'd obviously skate to I Will Survive, because only they have the true experience of being broken up with. Right.

It seems like Meagan has moved on in a positive direction. Maybe Jamie should skate with you?

starrynight

This whole thing will end up being a minuscule blip on the radar. Vanessa and Eric will go on to compete and Meagan and Dylan will do their shows. And probably only a tiny fraction of people will even be aware there was an issue.

But that said, the fact that Meagan and Dylan have already formed a show partnership and signed a contract with Stars on Ice shows that Meagan moved on pretty rapidly. And we are left to wonder if it was really necessary for her to set the internet attack squads on Eric. All it has done is cause a really sour end to what was an extremely successful professional partnership.

Potentially the partnership of Duhamel/Moscovitch might be better match if both of them just want to fit in a bit of show skating around other life commitments. And I think that partnerships designed for show skating are a good thing - it doesn't always need to be the competitive partnership.

Colonel Green

But that said, the fact that Meagan and Dylan have already formed a show partnership and signed a contract with Stars on Ice shows that Meagan moved on pretty rapidly. And we are left to wonder if it was really necessary for her to set the internet attack squads on Eric. All it has done is cause a really sour end to what was an extremely successful professional partnership.
Eric was the one who caused the extremely sour end, not Meagan.

And I don’t, for the record, say this as someone opposed to the Eric & Vanessa pairing. I’m interested to see what they’ll do competitively.

But Eric is the one who owns this whole mess. Meagan was perfectly entitled to voice her anger at being treated poorly (both by him and by Julie).

starrynight

To be fair it did kick a bit of drama into Canadian skating social networks that was actually about skating.

All the Canadian skaters I followed just seem to post endless political-lite infographics.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Eric was the one who caused the extremely sour end, not Meagan.

And I don’t, for the record, say this as someone opposed to the Eric & Vanessa pairing. I’m interested to see what they’ll do competitively.

But Eric is the one who owns this whole mess. Meagan was perfectly entitled to voice her anger at being treated poorly (both by him and by Julie).
It doesn't matter how it started, it didn't have to be dragged all over social media. Eric may have screwed up, but it was MeAgain who lit this on fire.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
There is such a revisionist history in these comments. The ‘Internet attack squad’ already hated Eric before Meagan said a word because they all hate Vanessa James by association and have nothing else to do with their lives.

Also, FSU is full of drama queens as it is 😂 so I highly doubt many of the people trying to drag Meagan would’ve done much different in a similar scenario. Iliushechkina did the exact same thing explaining how she was blindsided and not one person took issue of her speaking up.

Colonel Green

It doesn't matter how it started, it didn't have to be dragged all over social media. Eric may have screwed up, but it was MeAgain who lit this on fire.
Vanessa & Eric teaming up was itself a media story. Meagan had every right to tell her side of things; not doing that would just give the false impression that she was okay with everything, that only benefits Eric.

Sylvia

TBD
The latest press release (April 27) published on the U.S. SOI website seems to indicate IMG is looking ahead to the Olympic season and post-Olympics tour:
And here you go - article from Us Weekly:
Excerpt:
A special treat for fans on this year’s tour will be the first time Olympic Gold, Silver and Bronze Medalist, and two-time World Champion Meagan Duhamel will pair up to skate with Olympic Silver Medalist Dylan Moscovitch.

Tickets for the Canadian leg of the upcoming tour go on sale Thursday, May 20, and U.S. dates will be on sale soon after. For more information, visit the Stars on Ice website to stay updated on the latest show announcements.
ETA that I've changed the thread title to "2021 North American tour" because the sentence I bolded above implies there still might be a chance for a a few(?) U.S. cities to be added.

Last edited:

quartz

scratching at the light
Well I never thought of Dylan and Meagan as a pairing but as soon as I saw their names together I could totally picture them in motion. Dylan doesn’t have as serious a demeanour as Eric, and may be an even better fit for Meagan’s personality. Good for them!

starrynight

It’s weird to put the burden on the person who was the wronged party to not voice their anger at being wronged.

I think there’s a big difference between having an opinion and communicating that to a person versus then publishing that opinion in the media with the intention of causing damage to another.

People can have thoughts and feelings and interactions without publishing them.

Colonel Green

I think there’s a big difference between having an opinion and communicating that to a person versus then publishing that opinion in the media with the intention of causing damage to another.

This is a public matter, though. Vanessa & Eric put out a press release and then did interviews. There's no reason Meagan shouldn't tell her side of the story.

tony

And did you feel so strongly when Lubov did the same thing? Should she not have shared what happened after Charlie had already made it a done deal? Or are you going to pick and choose when it’s appropriate based on how much you like said skater?

For the twentieth time (or more), Eric 100% went behind Meagan’s back in late last year and early this year when they had signed agreements to participate in a show that ended up getting canceled in February- they have both FACTUALLY said so. Other skaters and friends of Meagan’s knew what was going on before she did. Based on your previous posts on a variety of topics, I find it very hard to believe you (or anyone else on this board) would just move on and say nothing. Also repeating myself here that people complain constantly about much, much less all over FSU. Meagan’s audience is her own personal social media, and she even said she waited for a media outlet to reach out to get a comment from her, and no one did.

I wasn’t bothered by Lubov, I’m not bothered by Meagan, I’m not bothered by people telling their side of things rather than just moving on.

Last edited:

tony

My personal feeling is that shooting from the hip and burning bridges isn’t something to be admired. But it is something a lot of people do and some people live for drama. So here we are.
The bridges were burned when Eric let Meagan know that for the previous four months he and Vanessa were on a quest to get her French release so 2022 Beijing would be in the question. Meagan didn’t burn that bridge, so what exactly are you trying to say now?

I still find it hard to believe that you’re ‘just let everything go and deal with everything internally’, because we see how that works out for a lot of people that never speak up regarding their situations- big or small.

And don’t act like skating Twitter wasn't already all over Eric for simply deciding to skate with Vanessa. The actions of that immature crew had nothing to do with anything Meagan shared.

Again wondering if you had such a reaction to Lubov telling her side after she was also put in this position?

mjb52

I don't think the issue is expressing how you feel, but it did come across as though she wasn't considering the likelihood that people would go after Vanessa and Eric, whether that is what she actually intended or not. And I did say the same thing about Lubov when that happened. That it's understandable to be hurt and to express it, but at the same time, it's not a great idea for fans to get involved in this stuff. It's clear that some fans in the skating community have boundary issues so I don't think it's a great idea to encourage that tendency, again, whether it's done intentionally or not.

tony

I don't think the issue is expressing how you feel, but it did come across as though she wasn't considering the likelihood that people would go after Vanessa and Eric, whether that is what she actually intended or not. And I did say the same thing about Lubov when that happened. That it's understandable to be hurt and to express it, but at the same time, it's not a great idea for fans to get involved in this stuff. It's clear that some fans in the skating community have boundary issues so I don't think it's a great idea to encourage that tendency, again, whether it's done intentionally or not.
The most (and really, only) problematic fans already went after Eric as soon as the announcement came out that he was associated with Vanessa. If they tacked on how terrible he was because of what happened with a Meagan, it’s not as if they suddenly hated him because of Meagan sharing her story. They were already on top of it. I also am having a hard time believing anyone would’ve just rolled over and moved on in a similar scenario. You’re part of a work team for 11 years and all of a sudden your partners push you out after months of planning, tell other people about it, don’t make any mention of where you went, and you’re going to sit there quietly? If you can do that, congratulations but I know I wouldn’t.

There is a huge community of skating fans? if you can call them that who will make drama out of things that don’t even exist, anyways. We aren’t considering skating Twitter almost any other time but now Meagan supposedly got them riled up to dislike Eric? Haha

Moore-Towers also went a bit under the radar in saying, as @Sylvia pointed out in another thread, that she and Marinaro actually had planned to skate to a Radford composition this season for the SP, but ‘not anymore’ and that they are getting a new choreographer, aside from Marcotte, to create the program. Is that too dramatic for everyone, too? 😃

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Moore-Towers also went a bit under the radar in saying, as @Sylvia pointed out in another thread, that she and Marinaro actually had planned to skate to a Radford composition this season for the SP, but ‘not anymore’ and that they are getting a new choreographer, aside from Marcotte, to create the program. Is that too dramatic for everyone, too? 😃
Woah, 🍵 (Missed that.)

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Meagan is/was doing a Q/A on her instagram stories. Someone asked how her pairing with Dylan happened. She said she sent a few options to IMG so I assume they approved Dylan. She also mentioned another option was Chris Knierim (Alexa offered him) and that maybe one day she could skate with him and he can "launch her into a huge twist".

So interesting to hear how it happened and also that Dylan seems a temporary partner for their coming contract. I base that on her saying maybe she would skate with Chris one day. Her and Dylan haven't skated together yet because of the lockdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information