7:00 PM
VICTORIA, BC
SAVE-ON-FOODS MEMORIAL CENTRE

OCT 27, 2021
7:00 PM
VANCOUVER, BC
ROGERS ARENA

manhn

Is Vancouver CSOI and Skate Canada taking place the same time? Maybe some of the Canadian skaters from SC (i.e. Piper and Paul) can do CSOI in Vancouver? Looking forward to it! Love the idea of Dylan and Meagan.

barbarafan

I think it is not weird at all, it is fantastic!

(And, apparently, Dylan knows what he is doing. Hopefully Luba is not going to TSL... :) )
Looks like quite a bit of damage control going on. Party on Canada....as usual too little too late.

kalamalka

Skate Canada International Grand Prix in Vancouver is scheduled for October 29-31, 2021, right after CSOI tour concludes.
It should be a great week of skating in Vancouver, if SCI gets the go-ahead for spectators (which would also be needed for SOI to happen). Practice day would be the day after SOI.

According to info about the partnership on the CSOI site, Meagan reached out to Dylan to skate together.

screech

Wow, no Patrick! I'm wondering if he'll be a guest in Vancouver?

No surprise that no currently competing skaters are taking part, but I'm assuming some of the top Toronto-based skaters (G/P, Nam, Roman, Madeline, MT/M...) will do guest appearances for the GTA shows

Colonel Green

how do you know?
Because if you're suggesting that Skate Canada orchestrated this as damage control, firstly, you're greatly overestimating how much Skate Canada cares about whether Meagan has a touring partner, and also, Dylan is not like an employee that the fed can send to skate with Meagan. He's a retired competitor who does some volunteer activities and miscellaneous jobs (playing bit parts on TV, vlogging, etc.). If he's skating in a show with Meagan, the simplest and most logical explanation is that he's doing that because he saw a job opportunity.

Sylvia

TBD
Any word as to whether the tour will include US dates?
I don't know - maybe the Lake Placid SOI show will happen at the end of December?

The latest press release (April 27) published on the U.S. SOI website seems to indicate IMG is looking ahead to the Olympic season and post-Olympics tour:
As an official media partner of Stars on Ice, Us Weekly will help promote the tour’s fall and spring schedules surrounding the 2022 Olympics and highlight some of the well-known and beloved performers, while also being integrated into the in-arena experience and promotional assets.

AR130

I’m curious to see how things develop, especially for those of us based in the US — I would think the border could be open by then, but there are a lot of variables still in play.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Love this too. I think this will be a fun pairing.

Couldn't agree more. I never ever imagined this pairing but now that it's in front of us I can picture how fun these two could be together. I'd put money on them being a very popular act with the crowd. It's funny how things turn out because I'd be more inclined to buy a ticket to see these two than I would have of her with Eric. And that is not a slight on Eric at all, I think he made the right choice for himself and in a weird way the right move for Meagan. I felt Meagan grew so much as a performer during Battle of the Blades and I think she can really build on that with someone like Dylan ( a better physical and artistic match ). And so great to see Dylan with this opportunity, always puts a smile on my face when he skates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information