Stars on Ice 2020

skategal

Bunny mama
I am expecting a cancellation, at least of the first part of the tour. My stop is the 2nd one. Where and when could rehearsals take place? :cry:

They usually rehearse in Halifax but there is about a snowball's chance in hell of that happening this year.

Glad I was slow buying tickets to this. One less thing to get a refund for.... :(

barbarafan

They usually rehearse in Halifax but there is about a snowball's chance in hell of that happening this year.

Glad I was slow buying tickets to this. One less thing to get a refund for.... :(
Nova Scotia has only had 5 cases.
Yay!!
Ontario has 308 cases now...was 258 yesterday.

skategal

Bunny mama
on my list it shows 5 confirmed.....10 probable,,as of noon.....probably the 10 tests out have come back showing positive...There should be another update at 9:30pm.

5 Confirmed and 10 presumptive but presumptive means that they already tested positive once for Covid-19 in the provincial lab and the tests are in the national microbiology lab for confirmation.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
They are still selling tickets on the SOI website. :confused:

AFAIK with the National Hockey League shutting down, most of the arenas where the NHL teams play have been closed too. How can the tour go ahead when some of the venues might not be available??

Last edited:

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
According to their official site posted above, JSOI Hachinohe show was cancelled, and as for Yokohama show organizers are seeking for re-scheduling it at this point.

ETA:
It's gonna be a financially tough season for skaters who depend on spring (& summer) shows to earn money. :(

Last edited:

Teenes

I'm curious - are all the Japanese shows handled independently by different organizers in each city? It's interesting that the cancellation announcements seem to be separate entities.

Given that the US-Canada border is closed indefinitely, Meryl and Charlie might not even be able to get to Canada to join the North American tour. I guess we're still a ways off, but it seems unlikely that the tour should happen...

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
I'm curious - are all the Japanese shows handled independently by different organizers in each city? It's interesting that the cancellation announcements seem to be separate entities.
This is Yokohama show's official site. It says their organizers are TBS(nation wide TV network), MBS(local TV company), IMG, and DISK GARAGE(Japanese event company). And this one is the official site of Osaka, Aichi and Hachinohe shows (all together). Their organizer is Kinoshita Group only. (IMG is listed as a planner.) I wonder if TV companies (TBS and MBS) don't want to give up broadcasting Yokohama show and seeking for re-scheduling it.

Teenes

This is Yokohama show's official site. It says their organizers are TBS(nation wide TV network), MBS(local TV company), IMG, and DISK GARAGE(Japanese event company). And this one is the official site of Osaka, Aichi and Hachinohe shows (all together). Their organizer is Kinoshita Group only. (IMG is listed as a planner.) I wonder if TV companies (TBS and MBS) don't want to give up broadcasting Yokohama show and seeking for re-scheduling it.

Interesting. Thanks for the info!

starrynight

Given that the US-Canada border is closed indefinitely, Meryl and Charlie might not even be able to get to Canada to join the North American tour.

Weaver/Poje are also on different sides of the border too.

But I think that it’s unlikely that any kind of tour will be happening.

fruchick

They've halted their Facebook ads, which is somewhat telling. Knowing IMG, they'll wait until an almost-embarrassing point before announcing.

I called it. ;)

Finally today, with less than a month before the start of the tour, they've "postponed" the Montreal show. https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/etoiles-sur-glace/event/31005765876E112A

I would expect this to be the announcement for the whole tour soon, so they can keep our money for a while. Ultimately, I'm betting some of the dates get cancelled at a much later time.

love skating

Clueless American
Got an email from the Honda Center about SOI being canceled and about getting a refund. The problem is their box office is closed right now as most things are. It says to start the process though by mailing in your tickets and all your info. Guess I'll send that in next week. I just worry about them being closed but I guess they're still getting their mail.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Got an email from the Honda Center about SOI being canceled and about getting a refund. The problem is their box office is closed right now as most things are. It says to start the process though by mailing in your tickets and all your info. Guess I'll send that in next week. I just worry about them being closed but I guess they're still getting their mail.
Thanks!

love skating

Clueless American
You're welcome, I do think it depends how you bought your tickets. I did the mail in pre-order from the year before so I guess that counts as buying from the box office so I need to be refunded by them. The SOI site says if you ordered online or by phone though you'd be refunded automatically.

Barbara Manatee

Nope. The cancellation notice I got from Ticketmaster on 3/31 said refunds would be available in "as soon as 30 days" so I'm not expecting it before May. I give SOI credit for flat out canceling instead of calling it postponing/rescheduling and trying to roll over the tickets to next year's show like a lot of other events have done.

Teenes

I got group sales tickets for San Jose through the arena and the tickets and fee have already been refunded to my credit card with no action on my part.

midori

London show gave me the refund on the day of the announcement to my credit card, but nothing yet from other 4 venues that are all Ticketmaster ones.

I was rather surprised Air Canada was pretty quick this time (last time it took all three weeks) although they charged me 30000JPY fee (~390CAD) even after they had canceled the booked flight twice, and I am hoping Mirvish Theatre in Toronto give me a refund as they say they would with very complex procedure that is making me just wait for them to contact me to proceed to the next step. I understand the situation must be really really tough for them, but I am not even sure if Canada allow me to step into the country before my credit for the cancellation expires.

Last edited:

Skate Talker

I give SOI credit for flat out canceling instead of calling it postponing/rescheduling and trying to roll over the tickets to next year's show like a lot of other events have done.
I am fearful that they may be thinking this will spell the end of SOI in North America since they had already become so reduced in scope. Better to refund now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information