Stars on Ice 2017 Beijing December 15

seabm7

Sylvia

TBD
@cgirl8 posted this August 1st article in Chinese in the Chinese skating news thread and I'm re-posting the link here:
There is a chinese company that has partnered with IMG to bring Stars on Ice to China lead up to the 2022 Olympics.
Official page: http://weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404136002766687904#_0
Google translated excerpts:
In this context, Hong Yue Sports held a project promotion in Beijing today (July 31) afternoon, announcing the official introduction of "Stars On Ice" in the world's leading figure skating and renaming it as "ice On the star ". Hong Yue Sports has signed an exclusive strategic cooperation agreement with IMG, the copyright owner of "Ice Star", for all the rights and interests of the "Ice Star" project in China, and comprehensively promoted the "Ice Star" China. Chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, National Committee of the CPPCC National Committee, Yao Shuang, director of the national figure skating coaching committee, and representatives of some media representatives and industry representatives attended the project promotion.
This promotion, the Hong Yue Sports also announced that it is responsible for the "ice star" in China's performance broadcast, promotion, landing operations and all other matters. Hong Yue Sports will join hands with CCTV media, local TV, People's Daily, Sports Weekly, Sina Sports, Netease Sports, Tencent Sports, Sohu Sports, Youku Sports, Phoenix Sports, Universal Sports and other media platform launched 2017 " Performance selection, video highlights and other exciting content.
@Jun Y or anyone else -- please post any other information you might come across in the Chinese media about the 2 SOI shows being planned for December 15 in Beijing.

Jun Y

I've seen them putting out some promotional tweets on Chinese weibo for the SoI tour in China. In one tweet, the tour suggested that Davis and White will be a part of the cast.

lala

I've seen them putting out some promotional tweets on Chinese weibo for the SoI tour in China. In one tweet, the tour suggested that Davis and White will be a part of the cast.

According to my Chinese friend this is not official

the cast:E.Plushenko A.Sotnikova D.Ten J.Abbott M.Ando J.Buttle E.Dordeeva M.Davis/C.White M.Duhamel/E.Radford Q.Pang/J.Tong(maybe) https://twitter.com/akk_Tang/status/906074606485684229

That is sure Plushenko will be there. His Chinese fans asked his agent, Ari Zakarian.

trouble77

Banned Member
I went to see both shows and I was planning to write a review, but the link of the entire show was literally posted hours after the first night. There were not retakes, and the show posted online had not been edited. The skaters were incredible.

But the tickets! The VIP tickets were ridiculously expensive. Considering that the basic pay in Beijing is about 3/4000 rmb, the VIP tickets for two nights was about 5800 rmb. Also good seats were very expensive.

The best female skater of the two nights was Katia Gordeeva. And the audience, especially during the second evening didn't cheer for her once during her two performances :(. Probably a pretty unknown skater for the Chinese audience. But someone who was recording her performance said to me "she has a really good footwork".

Instead they pretty much went crazy for Plushenko, especially during the sex bomb routine.
Miki Ando had a terrible fall on the second evening. She practically landed on her shoulder during a triple jump. I really thought she was going to quit because it took her about 15 seconds to get up and decide if to continue or not. But I liked her a lot. She is very elegant.

All the single male skaters were amazing. It's not like they all did quad toes like Dennis Ten, but they did perform brilliantly. And I loved Jeremy Abbott. Also, all the group numbers were cute and fun.

Charlie and White were boring! I was quite excited to see them skating live for the first time, but no.

All the rest of the pairs were also amazing.
Duhamel and Radford were really good in particular. But they did include some really ugly pair moves that normally are used in competition to get more credit on the element. They could have left those out.

Overall I was really happy that I went to see the show. It was my first SOI show, and my very first time seeing all these champions. Bonus Katia Gordeeva (that's why I went twice). I noticed how compared to other female skaters, she kept smiling and clapping her hands until the very hand.

:40beers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information