'Sound of Music' actress Charmian Carr, who played Liesl von Trapp, dies at 73

Sylvia

TBD
:( http://www.latimes.com/local/obituaries/la-me-charmian-carr-20160918-snap-story.html
Carr died Saturday in Woodland Hills of complications from a rare form of dementia, according to a statement from her family. She was 73.
complications from a rare form of dementia, according to a statement from her family. She was 73.
Despite the global success of "The Sound of Music" and five Oscars, including best picture, Carr shunned Hollywood to focus on her family and a career in interior design.

aftershocks

Banned Member
R.I.P. She's recognizable even in old age. Sorry to hear about her illness complications.

I love this quote from her book about playing Liesl in The Sound of Music:
"When people look at me and see Liesl, I believe they are looking into a mirror, ... If the film has touched them in some way, it is because it represents the world as they want it to be. If it makes them feel love or happiness or hope, it is because they have these feelings inside them."

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Recently I saw a documentary about the making of The Sound of Music, with Carr as the narrator. Very interesting. She was in her sixties at the time, I think, but still recognizable. She was 21 when she played the 16 year old Liesl. She was beautiful. R.I.P.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information