Song Lyrics You Misheard

Cachoo

For an embarrassingly long time I did not know the correct lyrics to "Pride (In the Name of Love) by U2.....I thought Bono was singing "one man in the name of love" instead of "what more in the name of love." What has been your experience with songs....do you have alternate lyrics or just mumble over the parts you don't understand?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I often don't hear the lyrics correctly, so my lust could be very long. :)

I use alternate lyrics or just hum over that portion.

gkelly

Not lyrics, but when I first heard this band mentioned on the radio I wasn't sure if it was called Cage the Elephant or K. T. Elephant.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
Years ago in the old FSW live chat room, I was in there most nights along with a few of you still here. I remember sometimes we'd just quote song lyrics as a form of "singing". I decided to "sing" the John Denver song Thank God I'm a Country Boy. When I typed in "life ain't nothing but a 40-40 riddle," someone else posted, "um, Kruss, isn't that 'funny funny riddle'?"

I was that days old when I learned the correct lyrics to that song. :lol:

Cachoo

There was this song by England Dan and John Ford Coley called "I'd Really Love to See You Tonight" and the first line of the refrain was a mystery to me for years: "I'm not talking about blah blah blah." I would just sort of skip over it when singing when it was on the radio. Recently I found out the words were "moving in."

Winnipeg

I thought Carole King's song "Jazzman" was Jasmine...............for years

Re above England dan etc, I thought it was I'm not talking about reliving?

Jenny

From the Bloc
It's "movin' in" - most of my life I thought it was something about linens, and that the warm wind was a war wind (lots of protest songs in that era) so we need to get together asap. Husband always thought it the warm wind was blowing and the stars were out. Here are the actual lyrics:

I'm not talking 'bout movin' in
And I don't want to change your life
But there's a warm wind blowin' the stars around
And I'd really love to see you tonight

One of my favourite songs to this day nonetheless :)

Lilia A

There've been countless video compilations of Ariana Grande's misheard lyrics. I listen to her often, but when I do I don't know what she's saying half of the time. Those video compilations are quite long, but one that stuck with me was "just a little bitty old whore" when she sang a line that goes "just a little bit of your heart". I hadn't even heard that song before, and I must've heard at least 3 different live versions of it since I heard this misheard lyric. I swear I hear "just a little bitty old whore" every time.

Cachoo

I've seen this reported on so I know I'm not alone but I do hear "Starbuck's lovers" in Taylor Swift's "Blank Space." I thought...well okay it means something to Taylor.

airgelaal

there is a very famous song that is based on this phenomenon

The main character in the song simply sang the chorus as he heard it :D

I said a hip, hop, the hippie to the hippie

Aserejé ja de jé de jebe

the hip-hip-hop, a you don't stop

tu de jebere sebiunouva (seibiunouva)

the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie

majabi (majavi) an de bugui

to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

an de buididipí

Users who are viewing this thread