Skate America 2017 Ladies TBA Spot Poll- August

Who should get the TBA spot in Ladies (top 3 choices)

• Total voters

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Now that more summer competitions have been completed, who would be your top 3 choices for the SA TBA spot?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Courtney Hicks. She didn't have the best outings but she's far and away the most exciting of the group for me.

clairecloutier

Well, if you look at @Sylvia's Top 10 Scoretracker, Bradie Tennell and Courtney Hicks still have the highest point totals after Karen Chen.

Bradie Tennell 190.76 Broadmoor Open
Courtney Hicks 187.42 Skate Detroit
Mirai Nagasu 187.31 Skate Detroit
Angela Wang 183.53 Philadelphia
Caroline Zhang 182.67 Glacier Falls

I don't think the federation could go too wrong with giving the SA spot to either Tennell or Hicks. Courtney has more international scoring potential, with much better skating skills and better-quality jumps, when she hits. But Bradie is perhaps more likely to actually land most of her jumps.

My guess is that it will go to Hicks, probably.

Last edited:

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I agree with the reasoning based on what's happened so far to send Hicks or Tennell, but Caroline was still 5th at Nationals over Gracie, and everyone is within 8 points of each other which isn't a landslide. Caroline's blade broke after the first jump in her Glacier Falls LP, we saw 8 points worth of mistakes in that program...

I know she's slow as molasses but I still love her. :gallopin1:judge:I hope they take a chance and go with Caroline, and if she blows that opportunity she'll never hear the end of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information