Savchenko/Massot sign with Holiday on Ice, keep options open

Thread starter #1

Eislauffan

Ratings
Olympic Pairs Champions Aljona Savchenko/Bruno Massot have signed a contract with Holiday on Ice and will be guest stars through fall and winter shows.
Aljona told the German press that they take a break from competing and they don't know how long it will be. I guess we will wait and see if and when they return to competition. But after talking to Aljona in Oberstdorf I feel it is very well possible that they come back one day. :)

Article in the German press: http://www.ln-online.de/Nachrichten...e-verpflichtet-Olympiasieger-Savchenko-Massot

Sylvia

Club comp. season is underway & I'm not ready yet
Ratings
As of April 27th: https://holidayonice.com/de/de/2018...ljona-savchenko-bruno-massot-bei-holiday-ice/

Aljona Savchenko and Bruno Massot enter the ice show stage for HOLIDAY ON ICE for the first time in November. After the presentation of the two as new guest stars on 25.4.2018 at the first official appointment in Hamburg, the first show dates of the pair-run Olympic champion and world champion are now confirmed *:

Grefrath - EisSport & Eventpark 29.11.2018 at 19.00
Hannover - TUI Arena 13.12.2018 at 19.00
Leipzig - Arena Leipzig 20.12.2018 at 19.00
Cologne - Lanxess Arena 29.12.2018 at 16.30
Düsseldorf - Mitsubishi Electric Hall 03.01.2019 um 19.00 h
Frankfurt - Festhalle 09.01.2019 at 19.00 h
Trier - Arena Trier 15.01.2019 at 19.30 h
Dortmund - Westfalenhalle 1 18.01.2019 at 19.00 h
Stuttgart - Porsche-Arena 24.01.2019 at 19.30 h
Mannheim - SAP Arena 01.02.2019 at 19.30
Bremen - ÖVB-Arena 20.02.2019 at 19.00

(* except in case of illness or force majeure)

Further dates will follow soon.

ETA a side note: I believe Rohene Ward will be touring with this new Holiday on Ice show (Germany this fall/winter & France next spring).

Last edited:

Debbie S

Ratings
Glad that Aliona/Bruno will be in shows. Based on the dates, I would assume we won't see Aliona at the boards with the Knierims at U.S. Nats. Bummer. But yay for Aliona and Bruno!

Sylvia

Ratings
Last edited:

Sylvia

Ratings
Re-posting from the German news thread:
In case google translate might not be clear: The press release says that Bruno will be living in Switzerland. And that both will hold coaching seminars.
Aljona spoke with Jean-Christophe Berlot about her plans: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2018/05/17/276810168
From the end:
Savchenko: I need to tell you: Some people think that [me and Bruno] stopped competing, but we don't want to stop -- we're just taking a break. Of course, we don't know what will happen, but we want to remain open about our options.
Icenetwork: If you decide to come back to competition, do you think it will be with Bruno or will you find another partner?
Savchenko (laughing): Oh no, never! I'm crazy, but I'm not that crazy. I've found the best partner, and I won't change. If I compete again, it will be with Bruno. We were joking the other day with some friends, and I proposed to continue my career in ice dance. It would be very interesting for me actually...but maybe it's only a joke!
But this year will be of a different kind for us: We will be coaching. We will work on different sides of ourselves and see how it goes.
Also (she smiles), I would like to have a baby. It's not there, but it's in the plan. The next generation needs to come, too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)