Sandra Day O'Conner has passed

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
She was quite the trailblazer. I remember being very proud when she was confirmed. RIP

FunnyBut

Meh. She was a woman at a time when it was very difficult to be a woman in law, and experienced much prejudice in her early career. And yet her experience only made her fight for women’s rights, it never seemed to extend to any other disadvantaged groups such as minorities or gays. People liked that sometimes bother me more than those that are just full blown right wing, because they should personally know better. Doesn’t seem very diffcult to extrapolate that other groups that are not exactly your very own likeness might also need protections. I won’t miss her. Buh-bye, Sandy! Go join Reagan and John Wayne in that big bigoted ranch in the sky.

Last edited:

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Day O'Conner may not have been the SC Justice for everyone, but being confirmed and seated as a SC Justice was huge big. I didn't alway agree with her decisions

I doubt there would have been RGB without her.

caseyedwards

Bush vs gore worst decision in American history!!

Let’s be clear. She was a lawyer who became a politician and then became a judge. She was smart Enough to become a lawyer but not great legal mind! She was a politician in a robe!! She was ahead of her time in that way: she was a moderate conservative republican who was always a politician.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Tell me you're not a woman without telling me you're a not a woman.

I didn't agree with her decisions, but breaking through the glass ceiling to become a lawyer was a huge accomplishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information