Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

As for Alyona - probaly she would have been way too sad to take it if she had stayed with Eteri after Sergei left. So she had to follow him. I am sure she is deeply in love with him. :)
You're not doing Aleona any favors by suggesting that she switched coaches for "love reasons" in a pre-Olympic year..... :D

As to Rozanov's visibility while @ TeamTutberidze: Eteri did her best to give him visibility and his own groups of skaters. He was brought to competitions, whenever it was possible, when the skaters he worked with participated.

Eteri also put in a lot of effort to develop him as a coach, and gave him valuable advise and opportunities.
Here is Rozanov's interview about his work with TeamTutberidze.

— Вы себя считаете скорее тренером, хореографом?
— Я и тренерской деятельностью занимаюсь, и постановками. Изначально я не работал с программами, но Этери Георгиевна сказала, что тренер должен быть универсальным — и программу уметь поставить, и со скольжением работать, и технику прыжков отрабатывать. Вот учит меня, как правильно все это делать. (улыбается)
  • Do you consider yourself a trainer, a choreographer?
  • I am involved in coaching activities and in production (of the programmes). Initially i did not work with programmes, but Eteri Greogievna said that a coach must be universal (multi-functional) - to know how to produce a programme, and to work on skating skills, and how to work on jump technique. So she teaches me how to do it all correctly.

Last edited:

Scott512

I don't think Rozanov's choices were bad or unreasonable - everyone does what's best for themselves and enables them to accomplish their own goals. I do wonder how he feels about how it's worked out, but maybe it's way too soon to judge that.
Its too soon but there are some disappointing things going on. Particularly like how hes been treated by a variety of people. This would not be tolerated you know where.

Scott512

We don't know yet how it worked out yet..... or what he was actually promised. But he certainly did not take into consideration how flaky Plushenko and more so his wife Rudkovskaya are and their reputation, and history of how they treat people. Rozanov went for "fast and easy", and as a saying goes "тише едешь, дальше будешь" - "going slow, it will get you further" or "to gain ground, you need to slow down".

Plushenko likes "public approval" and "attention". If he reads and hears a lot of disapproval, he may pull a stunt to "show them all" and promote Rozanov to his partner, or give him a fancy title, or pay him a million...... that is if Yana, his wife, will let him..... ;)
Wow you said a mouthful!

Tinami Amori

She could not take it anymore to be without Seryozhi. Plus, you said the same several months ago - that Alyona has a crush on Sergei. You think the same.
Having a crush does not require drastic life-changing decisions. We all have "crushes" but we don't make career altering choices and move... :).
And if she indeed switched coaches for love reasons in the Pre-Olympic year - so what? It is not the girl's fault. She could not help it. The boy is gorgeous.
The "boy" is also her coach and relatively older, he has a responsibility not to ruin her Olympic chances. They can spend time with each other after practices, even if they are at different rinks. It's stupid to "live and work together", the magic goes away quickly, plus Aleona left a "winning coach" who had her in 1st places the whole season.... How dumb can they both be? (Aleona and Rozanov).
As for Sergei - The fact the almost no one knew about him before he left Team Eteri shows what "visibility" they gave him. :)
Eteri was teaching him how to become a better coach, that's worth all the "publicity" for a starting coach. Rozanov has been a coach for just a few years.

As far as international publicity, even Ted Barton was mentioning his name. National competitions from Russia are also televised for the last two years, so Rozanov was visible to international community, which certainly noticed "how handsome he is" about 2-3 years ago, soon after he came to TeamTutberidze.

Scott512

I do not think Sergei regrets it. I hope not. Now he is worldwide famous coach and people admire his beauty. When he was still with Eteri almost no one knew about his existence.
As for Alyona - probaly she would have been way too sad to take it if she had stayed with Eteri after Sergei left. So she had to follow him. I am sure she is deeply in love with him. :)
His beauty means nothing as a coach. He thought he was going to get sasha Zhilina sisters and Aliona. now he only has aliona.

It kind of makes you go hmmmm.

Tinami Amori

His beauty means nothing as a coach. He thought he was going to get sasha Zhilina sisters and Aliona. now he only has aliona.
Not working now with Zhilina sisters is the saddest part. They were "his" the whole time at Khrystalniy. He was 100% devoted to them and their development. He even got rid of a girl in their group who was Veronika Zhilina's "biggest competition". That girl's mother later posted the whole story on russian social media accusing Rozanov of getting rid of her girl in favor of Zhilina.

I am not surprised that Sasha did not want to work with him when she thought it was Rozanov who brought over Kostornaya. The two girls had issues before, and Sasha was happy to leave "it" all behind, but that did not happen.. ;) ... Aleona followed her few months later, and Sasha blames Rozanov.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Again... Almost no one knew who he is before his departure from TT. I have been reading many English language forums and many Russian language forums. People are saying the same thing - that they learned who he is after he joined PA and not before that.
Then you're reading the wrong english language forums..... :cool: Rozanov the Handsome has been a subject of discussion her on FSU for a while now, and often mentioned on GS.

As to supposed "Rozanov/Kostornaya" relationship..... you're not doing them any favors but making statements that confirm their affair.

NadezhdaNadya

Banned Member
Not working now with Zhilina sisters is the saddest part. They were "his" the whole time at Khrystalniy. He was 100% devoted to them and their development. He even got rid of a girl in their group who was Veronika Zhilina's "the biggest competition". That girl's mother later posted the whole story on russian social media accusing Rozanov of getting rid of her girl in favor of Zhilina.

I am not surprised that Sasha did not want to work with him when she thought it was Rozanov who brought over Kostornaya. The two girls had issues before, and Sasha was happy to leave "it" all behind, but that did not happen.. ;) ... Aleona followed her few months later.
Not true at all. Alyona Zhilina was never in Team Eteri. :)
Not true at all either about the girl's mother who accused him. She accused him that he favoured Parsegova over her daughter and not Zhilina. It is on YouTube in Russian. :)

Tinami Amori

Not true at all. Alyona Zhilina was never in Team Eteri. :)
You need to read more carefully. I said Zhilinas was "Rozanov's project", not "TeamTutberidze", although Veronika was taught quads by Dudakov (there are vids him holding a fishing pole and she jumping).
Not true at all either about the girl's mother who accused him. She accused him that he favoured Parsegova over her daughter and not Zhilina. It is on YouTube in Russian. :)
Then that was another incident, that has nothing to do with Zhilina's at Khrystalny ...... Parsegova is at Plushenko's rink, skating with Zhilinas.... :D
and attends Mishin's training camp at Kislovodsk....
and her regular coach is Mikhailov @ Angels of Pluschenko...
and as she said it in her IG... Rozanov just taught her the 2A..

Last edited:

Scott512

Not working now with Zhilina sisters is the saddest part. They were "his" the whole time at Khrystalniy. He was 100% devoted to them and their development. He even got rid of a girl in their group who was Veronika Zhilina's "biggest competition". That girl's mother later posted the whole story on russian social media accusing Rozanov of getting rid of her girl in favor of Zhilina.

I am not surprised that Sasha did not want to work with him when she thought it was Rozanov who brought over Kostornaya. The two girls had issues before, and Sasha was happy to leave "it" all behind, but that did not happen.. ;) ... Aleona followed her few months later, and Sasha blames Rozanov.
Agreed.

Veronika is fantastic. But if she was really upset about having competition in her group that's not a good sign.

I think Sasha thought Rozanov betrayed her by brringing in Aliona when Sasha thought she was rid of alona as a training mate. ;) Sasha want to be the one and only at PA and NPA goes and brings in a girl and former training mate who was a little bit better than her in their debut seasons. I think we can understand why satia was frustrated by this.

Tinami Amori

Agreed.

Veronika is fantastic. But if she was really upset about having competition in her group that's not a good sign.
Veronika is a little girl and had nothing to do with it. I would look towards adults (parent and coach)... :D. This "issue" started before Veronika even saw "that girl". Rozanov did not want this girl skating in Khrystalniy from the day she came for trials. This girl came to trials twice, both times Rozanov refused her. Then she came the third time, when Eteri was personally present with Rozanov, and Eteri liked "that other girl" and told Rozanov to take her. Then later Rozanov got rid of her by giving her hardly any attention during practices. The mother of that girl made a point saying that Rozanov spent all his time with Zhilinas but ignored "her girl", and that he did it intentionally.

NadezhdaNadya

Banned Member
You need to read more carefully. I said Zhilinas was "Rozanov's project", not "TeamTutberidze", although Veronika was taught quads by Dudakov (there are vids him holding a fishing pole and she jumping).

Then that was another incident, that has nothing to do with Zhilina's at Khrystalny ...... Parsegova is at Plushenko's rink, skating with Zhilinas.... :D
and attends Mishin's training camp at Kislovodsk....
and her regular coach is Mikhailov @ Angels of Pluschenko...
and as she said it in her IG... Rozanov just taught her the 2A..
What do you mean by that? Rozanov was part of Team Eteri and he trained Veronika then, but I highly doubt that he ever trained Alyona Zhilina before PA.
I did not get your second statement either. Parsegova was part of Team Eteri and later joined PA. When she was still part of Team Eteri the accident with the girl's mother happened. The girl's mother accused Rozanov that he favours Parsegova over her daughter. This mother really dislikes Parsegova even now.

Tinami Amori

What do you mean by that? Rozanov was part of Team Eteri and he trained Veronika then, buy I highly doubt that he ever trained Alyona Zhilina before PA.
I did not get your second statement either. Parsegova was part of Team Eteri and later joined PA. When she was still part of Team Eteri the accident with the mother's girl happened. The mother girl's accused Rozanov that he was favours Parsegova over her daughter. This mother really dislikes Parsegova even now.
There is another mother then who dislikes Zhilina sisters even now...... there are lots of mothers at these high profile rinks, and they all have photo and video features on their mobile phone..... which is fun for us... :D

Scott512

Veronika is a little girl and had nothing to do with it. I would look towards adults (parent and coach)... :D. This "issue" started before Veronika even saw "that girl". Rozanov did not want this girl skating in Khrystalniy from the day she came for trials. This girl came to trials twice, both times Rozanov refused her. Then she came the third time, when Eteri was personally present with Rozanov, and Eteri liked "that other girl" and told Rozanov to take her. Then later Rozanov got rid of her by giving her hardly any attention during practices. The mother of that girl made a point saying that Rozanov spent all his time with Zhilinas but ignored "her girl", and that he did it intentionally.
Well that's disappointing to learn.

It really is a jungle out there with the Russian ladies and girls.

What ever happened to the other girl? Is she still skating?

Tinami Amori

Well that's disappointing to learn.

It really is a jungle out there with the Russian ladies and girls.

What ever happened to the other girl? Is she still skating?
I don't know about that other girl, her mother has not made any comments since then.

As to "jungle", yes..... and it starts with parents often. Unfortunately there is an illegal practice at some of the rinks and with some parents and coaches - parent paying a coach on side (above the monthly group fee) so that he/she pays more attention to your kid during group training sessions. And then there is another practice, initiated by some coaches: they tell a parent "your kid is so gifted, he/she needs extra time alone" (for a fee of course), so besides group training, the coach "sells" his/her private lessons time. All of this is often "off the record" and the management does not know about it, or sometimes "management" gets a cut.

Last edited:

Scott512

I don't know about that other girl, her mother has not made any comments since then.

As to "jungle", yes..... and it starts with parents often. Unfortunately there is an illegal practice at some of the rinks and with some parents and coaches - parent paying a coach on side (above the monthly group fee) so that he/she pays more attention to your kid during group training sessions. And then there is another practice, initiated by some coaches: they tell a parent "your kid is so gifted, he/she needs extra time alone" (for a fee of course), so besides group training, the coach "sells" his/her private lessons time.
That is bad. Some unethical things going on.

Tinami Amori

That is bad. Some unethical things going on.
Just for the record, top coaches like Mishin, Buyanova, Tutberidze, Dudakov, Davydov, etc., don't do this naturally. But sometimes lower level coaches that manage younger groups, yes they do that. Skating parents often talk about it on Russian chats, that they have to pay "extra" on side to get better attention for their child. Few parents asked coaches "why must we pay extra" were told by coaches "we are getting minimal salaries and yet we have to handle 20 kids in a group, we don't have enough eyes for everybody, so if you want extra, you need to pay". Or, sometimes it is "understood" and parents don't ask questions, offer the "extras" themselves, or just pay when asked.

NadezhdaNadya

Banned Member
Then you're reading the wrong english language forums..... :cool: Rozanov the Handsome has been a subject of discussion her on FSU for a while now, and often mentioned on GS.

As to supposed "Rozanov/Kostornaya" relationship..... you're not doing them any favors but making statements that confirm their affair.
I cannot confirm anything and I did not confirm anything. I never said that they have an affair. But that one of them probably has feelings. That is.

NadezhdaNadya

Banned Member
Just for the record, top coaches like Mishin, Buyanova, Tutberidze, Dudakov, Davydov, etc., don't do this naturally. But sometimes lower level coaches that manage younger groups, yes they do that. Skating parents often talk about it on Russian chats, that they have to pay "extra" on side to get better attention for their child. Few parents asked coaches "why must we pay extra" were told by coaches "we are getting minimal salaries and yet we have to handle 20 kids in a group, we don't have enough eyes for everybody, so if you want extra, you need to pay". Or, sometimes it is "understood" and parents don't ask questions, offer the "extras" themselves, or just pay when asked.
I hope it is not true. Maybe this particular mother is just jealous of Sergei's amazing beauty. :) He deserves to be a millionaire because of his looks and so is Alyona.

Tinami Amori

I hope it is not true. Maybe this particular mother is just jealous of Sergei's amazing beauty. :) He deserves to be a millionaire because of his looks and so is Alyona.
:) nobody is stopping them from trying to become models...

As for Rozanov's "beauty"... well, he is good looking, but i pity the woman (of any age) who falls in love with him and has a relationship at this stage of his life... :).

Last edited:

Scott512

It sounds like some of the lower level ooaches are making some money on the side. It's not very ethical from the coaches or the parents weather so desperate to get their kids to a higher level coach it makes some sense that it's happening. Humans are flawed and we know that.

There are such a craze with the Russian girls that parents are pushing their kids on the coaches and they probably can't handle it from a coaching level. I know it takes on lot to get to EG. Just doesn't have the time to look at everybody.

Cherub721

YEAH!
I think Aliona seems to be the one for which the hiatus because of the ***** hit at the worst time; I think under normal circumstances she wouldn't be having these issues with the triple axel and whatever else is going on.

I actually think it could be the best time. If she's growing, she'd be struggling anyway, and at least this season there is no GPF and Euros for her to have to defend, and probably no Worlds either. Missing nationals wasn't as big of a deal and she had a legitimate excuse. If it works out right, maybe she can use spring and summer to get her jumps back and be on form for the Olympic season.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I actually think it could be the best time. If she's growing, she'd be struggling anyway, and at least this season there is no GPF and Euros for her to have to defend, and probably no Worlds either. Missing nationals wasn't as big of a deal and she had a legitimate excuse. If it works out right, maybe she can use spring and summer to get her jumps back and be on form for the Olympic season.
Only thing I'd argue, and I did so in the Nationals PBP, is if the top 3 skate like they did again (or someone else age-eligible storms to the top), then 3As alone for Alena might not be enough to keep up. When the National judges have all of the top ladies between 9.00-9.75 on PCS, it all comes down to the TES.

Scott512

Only thing I'd argue, and I did so in the Nationals PBP, is if the top 3 skate like they did again (or someone else age-eligible storms to the top), then 3As alone for Alena might not be enough to keep up. When the National judges have all of the top ladies between 9.00-9.75 on PCS, it all comes down to the TES.
At this point we just need to see her back skatng in the Russian cup final and then whatever they have after that domestically.
Then it will be a humongous or season for Aliona. She needs to regain that 3A at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information