Russian Ladies news & discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

Sometimes when Liza skates it looks like she has a Dry Martini in her hand. She should have programs that promotes that cocktail feel.
:) you're not the only one who said this, including a couple of posters on FSU couple years back.

NadezhdaNadya

Banned Member
You're delusional.... but it is not my day to fix you... :)
Mushroom with small jumps:
k85xxA.gif

Scott512

If Liza had no discipline and drive, she wouldn't still be in the game. She certainly wouldn't still be winning competitions. She has a disadvantage in being older than most of the others, and only learning quads now because she didn't need them before. And thank God, she certainly knows better than to starve herself like too many of the other ladies do. But staying as healthy as she can and playing the long game has kept her going while others keep falling by the wayside, and kept her in position to take advantage when they falter.

When Aleona was with Tutberidze she (imo) acted ungracious towards another competitor (at GP event), was pushy with younger skaters at the practice rink, and showed jealousy towards other girls at her rink. I find her overly egotistical and full of herself in an unhealthy way for herself and others. I am not going to re-cap it now, because i posted it all here on FSU at the time it took place during last 4 years.
Well I would have preferred a recap but your explanation is good enough. It is kind of hard to believe Aliona has been that way for four years.
If what you say is true about her that's probably par for the course for teenagers don't you think?

Eteri was devastated at Aliona leaving for PA. Whatever Alina's imperfections were they were accepted at TT.

NadezhdaNadya

Banned Member
That jump looks good to me...... and to the JUDGES, that year Anna won several events and received medals at several others.... :). Plus Anna is a classic beauty with an elegant figure form... nobody but you see her as "mushroom".... Like i said, you're delusional...... :D
Hmmm.... I read exactly in this forum roughly an year ago that Anna can barely jump over a newspaper. :D
As for pre-rotation - when people comment about excessive pre-rotation they often give as an example Shcherbakova. (Many people do not like her. I have read so many comments about her horrid technique.) Excessive pre-rotation queen Anna Shcherbakova. :)

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Hmmm.... I read exactly in this forum roughly an year ago that Anna can barely jump over a newspaper. :D
As for pre-rotation - when people comment about excessive pre-rotation they often give as an example Shcherbakova. (Many people do not like her. I have read so many comments about her horrid technique.) Excessive pre-rotation queen Anna Shcherbakova. :)
Give it a rest. :yawn: You don't like Scherbakova. We get it. Nobody cares.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I do not want another Sotnikova.
Which was what? That she won and disappeared? That she won with high PCS? That she was able to keep it together on a huge stage at the right moment? We can discuss technique flaws or how we hate what the judges do with the marks, but there's no reason to be so personal as adult fans. They can stay in as long as they want or leave when they want.

All of these ladies seem to get along just fine off the ice and enjoy the competitive side of things. But leave it to figure skating fans to drag out pointless drama or hate skaters simply because of nationality or coaching team, or in the case of dance, have literal zero knowledge of how it is scored but still argue endlessly about competitions.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I don’t know where people get the energy to get so invested. All this will probably be over in a year or two and there’ll be another set of girls to argue about.
As we are all locked down.....what else are we going to do? Lots of Energy. And it is much better to see what's happening on FSU than to continue talking to me, myself, and I.

mjb52

Wow that triple axel is something else. It will be really interesting to see what happens with Zhilina, because much more than Trusova, if she succeeds, she will be a skater that spent her important years as a developing skater (I know this is a rough distinction, but I think people get what I mean) at Plushchenko's Academy (assuming she stays there), so she could be the one that to some extent "legitimizes" him as a coach.

Last edited:

Marco

She could get away with:
3A+2T
3A
4T
3Lz
3F+3T
3Lo
3Lz+2T+2Lo (would be better to do +Eu+3S here but.. not gonna happen)

Which would be more than enough to stay competitive, and she can skip the 3S altogether. But instead, we will probably see the same exact program setup as before with only the 4T replacing a 3A.
Does she have sal problems? She doesn't do it often but when she does it it's quite solid. She is getting less edge calls on the flip but I never got what she doesn't do the 3lutz3toe given how solid her lutz usually is.

Without a 4toe, she could do this in some order - with similar BV and probably a much higher success rate:

3axel2toe
3axel
2axel - euler - 3sal
3lutz3toe
3lutz
3flip
3loop

Scott512

I do not want another Sotnikova.
There's no need to hate on the Queen of Sochi. Adelina could jump to the moon!

Adelina was the main reason I even joined a figure skating message board in 2014.

I liked Adelina so much and am sorry she's had a rough ride since Sochi. Sometimes I think we forget that these girls are human beings not just athletes and warriors. And when I read when Adelina had neck surgery in the last year I couldn't believe it.

Going from ages 17 to 24 has been very hard for her. I remember when Adelina won senior Russian nationals at 12 years old. That was amazing and she was such a little splinter of a girl then.

Scott512

These recent Veronika Zhilina jump clips have not yet been posted in this thread:
3A "in and out of steps" (re-posted by Jackie Wong): https://www.instagram.com/p/CJsAj4THYty/
4T in Plushenko's show under spotlight: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJdLEFNKurq/
Can you imagine if VZ keeps her jumps through puberty? She is a true phenom already but my fear is that puberty will hit her like it did Nastya and now Alysa.

I love watching Veronika skate. Plushenko got a real gem when he um when he um you know when he took her in.

I said at the time she may turn out to be a greater loss to TT than sasha or Aliona were.

hanca

Values her privacy
Can you imagine if VZ keeps her jumps through puberty? She is a true phenom already but my fear is that puberty will hit her like it did Nastya and now Alysa.

I love watching Veronika skate. Plushenko got a real gem when he um when he um you know when he took her in.

I said at the time she may turn out to be a greater loss to TT than sasha or Aliona were.
Why should puberty take Zhilina’s jumps? It didn’t take neither Trusova’s jumps nor Scherbakova’s jumps.

Scott512

Why should puberty take Zhilina’s jumps? It didn’t take neither Trusova’s jumps nor Scherbakova’s jumps.
It depends how much puberty I guess. I don't think Sssha and Anna got hit hard by puberty.
But Aliona lost the best triple Axel in the world largely due to puberty. It happens.

I think we all marvel at Veronika. Her jumps are phenomenal but we need to see her win more competitions.

NadezhdaNadya

Banned Member
It depends how much puberty I guess. I don't think Sssha and Anna got hit hard by puberty.
But Aliona lost the best triple Axel in the world largely due to puberty. It happens.

I think we all marvel at Veronika. Her jumps are phenomenal but we need to see her win more competitions.
Veronika has a legit 4Lz and 4T. The only ladies skater in history who has achieved that. :*

mjb52

I think Aliona seems to be the one for which the hiatus because of the virus hit at the worst time; I think under normal circumstances she wouldn't be having these issues with the triple axel and whatever else is going on.

Tinami Amori

If she has any success, Tinami will still claim her for Eteri, wait and see. ;)
Most top coaches, Orser, Mishin, Arutyunyan, clearly state that they need to work with a skater two years consecutively to make an impact and changes. I will judge Plushenko's results with former Eteri's skaters in 2023... ;)

Re Zhilina sisters. They are not trained by Plushenko de facto, and not even by Rozanov as of lately (they had a conflict). They are trained by their mother, yes at Plushenko's academy, but by their mother.

Tinami Amori

Anna Shcherbakova shares her morning exercise.

Scott512

Most top coaches, Orser, Mishin, Arutyunyan, clearly state that they need to work with a skater two years consecutively to make an impact and changes. I will judge Plushenko's results with former Eteri's skaters in 2023... ;)

Re Zhilina sisters. They are not trained by Plushenko de facto, and not even by Rozanov as of lately (they had a conflict). They are trained by their mother, yes at Plushenko's academy, but by their mother.
Why the h*** did young Sergei even go there? I sure hope I got a big bump up in salary. Rozanov was the key for PA to acquire Sasha Aliona and the Zhilina sisters.

Sergei can't go near sasha now he is not working with Veronika and her little sister and Aliona has been treated very shabbily at PA. I wonder what those 2 are really thinking. All of this with the special rules is not allowed at TT. That's one of the reasons they produce top skater after top skater after top skater. Everyone gets treated the same and the younger skaters see that and seize their opportunity when the time comes.

Scott512

By the way people was Aliona skating in the Plushenko show like stasya and sasha were?

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Why the h*** did young Sergei even go there? I sure hope I got a big bump up in salary. Rozanov was the key for PA to acquire Sasha Aliona and the Zhilina sisters.

Sergei can't go near sasha now he is not working with Veronika and her little sister and Aliona has been treated very shabbily at PA. I wonder what those 2 are really thinking. All of this with the special rules is not allowed at TT.
Plushenko clarly stated (in few interviews) that he and his wife Yana have a goal, to create the most famous, the best, the top, the central, etc. skating academy/school in Russia. And to do so he will creat/buy/steal/wave a magic wand, do whatever it takes to be the "one and only". I am using some "figurative" terms, to convey the idea of what Plushenko's intent is. He wants to "have" such academy, but not necessarily "create one from scratch". He does not care how he gets there, as long as he does. So he goes around promising and offering skaters and coaches whatever it takes to get them into his academy. Some of what he promises is realistic and some of it is not.

So his first idea was to poach best coaches and skaters from existing top clubs. He even said in an interview that he offered to hire Tutberidze (he said it himself, it is not a rumor). Rozanov was offered and promised a lot, his own students, his own group, his own presence, more money, more benefits, and over all, to recap the previous, more "visibility" and "independence".

Rozanov, as people who know him recap, is young and ambitious and has no plans to work in a group. He wants his own school, own training centre, and to be the one in charge. He wants to create, or to get to, what Tutberidze has accomplished. Tutberidze started as "nobody" and worked from scratch. It is the gradual success with individual skaters at the competitions that brought her to her current position. She did not work for any training teams, she always did it alone, until she built her own team, one by one.

Rozanov is looking for a different approach, not less valid. He is willing to work for well known teams, make a name for himself, and then he will branch off on his own. Plushenko promised him (at least on words) that "visibility" and "independence" and Rozanov thought he'll get it faster with Plushenko than with Tutberidze.

mjb52

I don't think Rozanov's choices were bad or unreasonable - everyone does what's best for themselves and enables them to accomplish their own goals. I do wonder how he feels about how it's worked out, but maybe it's way too soon to judge that.

Tinami Amori

I don't think Rozanov's choices were bad or unreasonable - everyone does what's best for themselves and enables them to accomplish their own goals. I do wonder how he feels about how it's worked out, but maybe it's way too soon to judge that.
We don't know yet how it worked out yet..... or what he was actually promised. But he certainly did not take into consideration how flaky Plushenko and more so his wife Rudkovskaya are and their reputation, and history of how they treat people. Rozanov went for "fast and easy", and as a saying goes "тише едешь, дальше будешь" - "going slow, it will get you further" or "to gain ground, you need to slow down".

Plushenko likes "public approval" and "attention". If he reads and hears a lot of disapproval, he may pull a stunt to "show them all" and promote Rozanov to his partner, or give him a fancy title, or pay him a million...... that is if Yana, his wife, will let him..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information