Russian figure skating news & updates in 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trillian

There's a new Eteri interview, and it is a doozy. :rolleyes: And TAT doesn't come off so hot either. https://fs-gossips.com/i-dont-under...an-of-russian-skaters-and-weight-of-athletes/

To be fair, all she’s doing here is publicly mocking a kid for taking time to come back from an injury, and explaining her very scientific understanding that the only reason a teenage girl could possibly have slight fluctuations in her weight is laziness. Don’t worry, we have plenty of posters on this board who are doctors and nutritionists and child psychologists who will be along shortly to explain how this is all completely normal and healthy.

reut

I can just imagine how thrilled the Russian posters here to read it.
Just like they are "thrilled" that skaters are banned, I guess. And they can continue to be thrilled as much as they want.

There are rules, like, for example, skaters are banned from ISU events.
And there are things which are by the rules but still stink, like, for example, inviting russian skater to the master class, or inviting russian coach to the camp (for me personally also doing an interview with russian skater with the claim "they are not to be blamed because it's only bad bad bad putin's fault" also quite stinks but many will say I'm going too far with that).

Last edited:

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
Last edited:

starrynight

Eh I think Eteri is now just a legend in her own lunch hour after everything that went down in Beijing. It wouldn’t surprise me if she gets more extreme and attention seeking for a while as the sport moves on without her.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Does any of this matter for the local Russian competitions though? An Eteri girl will win no matter what and Eteri has never cared which one wins. There’s no risk of losing because there’s no international competition.
Of course it matters. Their propaganda machine says they're the very best in the world. Eteri will demand that her skaters still continuing attempting quads and triple axels, just to ensure the rest of the world knows they're not letting off the juice and will be just as strong whenever they're allowed back to international competition.

starrynight

Of course it matters. Their propaganda machine says they're the very best in the world. Eteri will demand that her skaters still continuing attempting quads and triple axels, just to ensure the rest of the world knows they're not letting off the juice and will be just as strong whenever they're allowed back to international competition.

I agree. But there’ll always be one girl in Eteri’s group who will be able to do this. It doesn’t need to be Valieva, Trusova, Shcherbakova etc it can be a new girl.

Yuri

Love Tarasova saying gaining fat equals laziness and the fatter the more lazy. Maybe she needs to look in the mirror. She must be the queen of lazy. :duh:
These extremes in elite Russian coaches watching every gram/ounce of their female students is hardly limited to the likes of Tutberidze and Tarasova. Check out this recent quote from Tatiana Navka comparing Natalia Dubova to Stalin from gazeta.ru (couldn't get link to load)!

Olympic champion Navka compared her coach with Stalin​

"We had a coach Natalia Dubova, everyone was afraid of her like Stalin. At the age of 15-16, problems with weight began, after two peaches I gained a kilogram. She weighed me, hit me, I was hurt and then locked in a room where there were rats. Some would say it's a nightmare. My mother, having found out, wanted to take me away. But I said don't dare do that. I am grateful for such hardening - now I am not afraid of anything, "RIA Novosti reports navka's words.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information