3​
Ekaterina MIRONOVA / Evgeniy USTENKO
St. Petersburg, SSHOR "Figure Skating Academy"
St. Petersburg​
182.96​
5​

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Annabelle Morozov had to WD due to the injury incurred with Shanaeva who is being blasted for the post RD interview where she dismissed Annabelle's injury. It was an accident, but she and Drozd acted like jerks.

irenemulindwairen

Annabelle Morozov had to WD due to the injury incurred with Shanaeva who is being blasted for the post RD interview where she dismissed Annabelle's injury. It was an accident, but she and Drozd acted like jerks.
Question is. did they apologize? If not then that was very unsportsmanlike.

Lara111

No, they did not. They claim they didn't realize it happened, but both of them turned and saw her grab her leg. They knew and skated away, but then were flippant during the interview when they were asked about the event. It was very unsportsmanlike.

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Did not she stilled her partner? It maybe personal even if it is not intentional.
They stopped, looked back and then went on. They knew they'd made contact. I don't think it was intentional, but their attitude later was very unsportsmanlike. Annabelle would have beat them and finished second. The cut was really bothering her in the RD and she made several uncharasteric errors putting the two teams 3 points apart, but then she withdrew before the free skate leaving the field open. Trusova was asked in a recent interview if there were friends in skating and she replied with an emphatic no. That was most likely in part due to her breakup with Mark Kondratyuk, but I think direct rivalry makes being friends difficult.

:lol: I have no idea why this really offended me, but I felt protective toward Annabelle. She's been hanging out in skating rinks since she was a toddler given her dad's ability to find a new babysitter every couple of years.

aliona22

Where are you guys able to watch the Russian GP? It isn’t streaming full length on the figurnaye katanye YouTube page. I tried a few different countries on my VPN and still couldn’t access full event videos. Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Where are you guys able to watch the Russian GP? It isn’t streaming full length on the figurnaye katanye YouTube page. I tried a few different countries on my VPN and still couldn’t access full event videos. Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere!
I'll PM you.

Bigbird

Disappointing...but in interviews Shanaeva in particular strikes me as bitter...the claws will come out when she skates against K/N. Zhulin had better kool her down.

coralline

:lol: I have no idea why this really offended me, but I felt protective toward Annabelle. She's been hanging out in skating rinks since she was a toddler given her dad's ability to find a new babysitter every couple of years.
Wasn't one of Annabelle‘s babysitters stealing directly from Shanaeva by Papa Morozov?I guess I can understand Shanaeva‘s bitterness, but she should at least try to show some decency.

caseyedwards

Valieva didn’t medal!
FPl.ИмяNationбаллыKPPP
1​
Sofia MURAVYEVA
Moscow, FC Plushenko Angels Academy
MOS​
228.81​
2​
1​
2​
Alina GORBACHEVA
Tver region, FC school
TVE​
219.02​
3​
2​
3​
Daria SADKOVA
Republic of Mari El, School of LAF
MEL​
214.54​
4​
3​
4​
Kamila VALIEVA
Moscow, MAFKC school "Crystal"

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Valieva didn’t medal!
FPl.ИмяNationбаллыKPPP
1​
Sofia MURAVYEVA
Moscow, FC Plushenko Angels Academy
MOS​
228.81​
2​
1​
2​
Alina GORBACHEVA
Tver region, FC school
TVE​
219.02​
3​
2​
3​
Daria SADKOVA
Republic of Mari El, School of LAF
MEL​
214.54​
4​
3​
4​
Kamila VALIEVA
Moscow, MAFKC school "Crystal"
Very hard fall in the FS warm up then she repeated a combo in the FS and lost all the points along with an error in the step sequence. She hurt her back in the fall. No idea why she made the combo error, but that's what knocked her off the podium because she lost over 15 points. She was ahead after the SP. Of course, Sofia skated two very good and clean programs. The result was fair.

On My Own

Anna Shcherbakova: “In the Olympic season, I weighed myself 50 times a day, I had to know how much I weighed every second throughout the day.”​

So I remember on GoldenSkate, there used to be a group of Eteribots who used to say that because Shcherbakova's mom was also thin, so Shcherbakova was probably naturally thin. I wonder what they think about articles like these.

I hope Russia stays away from skating till at least Milan. I don't want to see these abused girls with their 'coaching' back.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
That’s the most awful headline I’ve read about an Oly gold medalist since we discovered Katerina was Staasi.

ETA: Eteri should be banned from coaching ISU events even after the Russians come back. The injuries and abuse are unconscionable.

Last edited:

caseyedwards

FPl.NameNationPointsKPPP
1​
Peter GUMENNIK
St. Petersburg, SC FC Tamara Moskvina
St. Petersburg​
300.66​
1​
1​
2​
Roman SAVOSIN
Moscow, MAFKK school "Tchaikovsky's Horse"
MOS​
288.46​
2​
2​
3​
Alexander SAMARIN
Moscow, SSHOR im. S.A. Beetle
MOS​
263.21​
4​
4​

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
It’s totally wrong to single out eteri when so many American girls have said this was how life was for Them! Was eteri responsible for Gracie gold? Be fair get real
No other coach has come within a mile of her record of severe injury and eating disorders. You get real. If an American coach had her record, s/he should be banned too.

olympic

FPl.NameNationPointsKPPP
1​
Peter GUMENNIK
St. Petersburg, SC FC Tamara Moskvina
St. Petersburg​
300.66​
1​
1​
2​
Roman SAVOSIN
Moscow, MAFKK school "Tchaikovsky's Horse"
MOS​
288.46​
2​
2​
3​
Alexander SAMARIN
Moscow, SSHOR im. S.A. Beetle
MOS​
263.21​
4​
4​
I would surmise that these scores are quite inflated

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I would surmise that these scores are quite inflated
Actually, not. The Russian judges are being harder than international judges in these comps especially in awarding PCS. Guminnik's FS was as good as any of the other top male skaters. He's doing 3 excellent quads. His 4S-3T combo was excellent.

caseyedwards

No other coach has come within a mile of her record of severe injury and eating disorders. You get real. If an American coach had her record, s/he should be banned too.
Totally false. There is Tom Z. Again be fair! Omg Tammy gambill too

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Annabelle Morozov and partner are out of the Russian cup series due to the injury she received two weeks ago. They were scheduled to compete this weekend. It was apparently worse than it looked on TV. Nobody seems to know if this means she's also out of Nationals given the series determines the slots or if they can get some sort of bye. Shanaeva has been skewered for her lack of sportsmanship after the event. They compete this weekend and will certainly finish top 6 or higher insuring they get a nationals spot.

If you like pair skating, this weeks line up is going to be stellar. Mish/Gal have already clinched their spot.

Amy L

I’m curious why Annabelle chose to skate for Russia when she already has citizenship in other countries??? Government funding??? Baffles me why anyone during this time would chose to skate for Russia when they had any other viable options.
Maybe she was told that the RFSA wouldn't release her any time soon?

Willin

I'm sure funding plays a huge role. Skating is expensive and she's probably saving herself tens of thousands a year by skating from Russia - and then has a lot more opportunities to make money than she would have skating for any other country.

But also I'm sure there's personal factors. Almost every Russian person I've met in my area moved here because they hate the Russian government - the Russian community in my city even supported Ukranian refugees. Especially right now, and especially if she supports Putin, she probably won't feel very welcome even in a Russian American community. Look at how well Davis/Smolkin have been treated in the US. Regardless of Annabelle's personal politics or cultural relationship to the US, she'll likely need to compete with a Russian partner due to the lack of available men's partners in the US and France - and that partner might not be as comfortable in the USA as she is.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'm sure funding plays a huge role. Skating is expensive and she's probably saving herself tens of thousands a year by skating from Russia - and then has a lot more opportunities to make money than she would have skating for any other country.

But also I'm sure there's personal factors. Almost every Russian person I've met in my area moved here because they hate the Russian government - the Russian community in my city even supported Ukranian refugees. Especially right now, and especially if she supports Putin, she probably won't feel very welcome even in a Russian American community. Look at how well Davis/Smolkin have been treated in the US. Regardless of Annabelle's personal politics or cultural relationship to the US, she'll likely need to compete with a Russian partner due to the lack of available men's partners in the US and France - and that partner might not be as comfortable in the USA as she is.
Her previous partner refused to train in the US. In part because he didn't want to be separated from his gf, but regardless it was part of the reason they split.

Ka3sha

Long interview with Liza Tuktamysheva, here are the excerpts about her decision to stop competing/ competing as neutral athletes.

- How did your coach Alexey Mishin react when you told him about the decision to suspend your career?
- I saw in his eyes that he was a bit upset and wanted me to continue skating. But I never heard anything like: “You must continue...” from him. He understood my situation, accepted it and did not impose his opinion on me. We just talked about how I can always come to his skating rink. Sometimes I help him to work with the guys. We are still in contact and life has not separated us.
- Your decision created a lot of noise on the Internet. The reactions were different. One of the most frequent: “This is not a career suspension, this is a retirement.” What woyld your answer to this?
- I will say that I can return on the ice and get both triple axels and three-three combinations back if I wish and have enough motivation. Moreover, I don’t quit sports. I still skate in the shows, I jump lutzes. If I'm excited, I can do a triple axel too. That is, I am not quitting and have not hung up my skates. At least I believe so. I have some great examples of those who returned back to sports even after a two-year break, like Evgeni Plushenko.
- Is the decision somehow related to the fact that international competitions are currently unavailable to our athletes?
- Once you have tasted international victories, of course, traveling around Russia is no longer so interesting.
- Do you feel that this situation has taken something away from you personally - with the ban on participation in international competitions, the Olympic Games, the requirement to perform with neutral flags?
- For quite a long time, and sometimes for years, I skated successfully in the sport when we were still allowed. I've won quite a lot and I don't feel like I've missed out on anything over the past two years. I have already become a world and European champion, in general I am satisfied with what I have. But I'm afraid that the younger generation may have a different feeling. It seems to me that what to do in their case is a more difficult question.
- For us, for our country, is figure skating a new ballet, a new space industry, something that unites us and constitutes national pride?
- I think there is some truth in this. Compared to 2010, we have a lot of champions in singles and pairs skating, and in ice dance. Our figure skating is now famous for the fact that we have a great school. Children watch competitions, parents want to send their children to this sport. It is very beautiful and very difficult, just like ballet, where the load is enormous and it is incredibly difficult to break through.
- Would you skate under a neutral flag if there was no other option to get to international competitions?
- I think if the federation had sent its athletes under a neutral flag, if such a possibility had been there, I definitely would not have refused. Of course, I would go, because I really love this whole atmosphere of international competitions.
- Soviet athletes sometimes felt like legionnaires, gladiators who competed for the flag of their country. Who acted not for themselves, not for the sake of their own ambitions, but specifically for the flag. What are you skating for?
- In this regard, I am more selfish than Soviet athletes. I always skated for myself and for my coaching team. It was important for me to show myself and that it was Liza Tuktamysheva who won the first place. I'm a simple girl in this regard.

Don't mind the interviewer and her questions.. asking about "getting any kids soon?" or "do you want to be elected to the State Duma?":scream:
– We have a lot of athletes in the State Duma, in the Legislative Assembly of St. Petersburg. What do you think about it for yourself? Will you ever become a deputy?
– I’m not considering this option for myself now.
– And if they offer it, they will say: “Liza, you can make an influence. Come on, run for office."
- For now, definitely not.
– Would you become a trusted face of a presidential candidate? In the spring there may just be such an opportunity.
- I don’t even know what they are doing. And when I don’t understand or don’t know something, I don’t poke my nose in there.

Last edited:

caseyedwards

All sports organizations are supposed to be about allowing athletes to compete and now are banning all Russians. it’s despicable and evil and such a double standard as america can invade any country it wants and never have any problems. And lots are calling Israel evil genocidal and everyone in isu loves Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information