RPDR All Stars Season %

FiveRinger

Who’s watching! I forgot it was coming on. It was on my DVR.

I don’t want to spoil, but I’m thrilled to see Ongina and I love me some Jujubee. I’m biased, but what do you think about her getting a 3rd shot to win the crown? She has made it to the finals twice, so maybe it‘s justified. I’m just glad to see her. Also glad to see Shea Coulee.

I‘m trying to figure out how India Farrah ended up here. I’m guessing she’s going to be one of the first to go. I’ve watched just about every season. I had to Google her to be reminded she was the one picked up by Mimi Imfirst during a lip sync. That’s a terrible way to be remembered.

There is a new twist that I won’t spoil. I don’t know how I feel about it yet. I’ll check back after the show.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I love love this!!! Every season of Stars there’s been a twist. This one is really interesting. I wasn’t surprised to see who got eliminated first. I’m more surprised that star got invited back! Poor performance, catty attitude, just no!

Jujubee has me laughing so much, the shade!!!! Can’t wait to see what this season brings!

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
It was pretty entertaining! Alexis and Juju stood out for me. Tomandlorenzo.com have a good recap.

jamesy

delightful
I thought I would be a little burned out coming right on the heels of season 12, but last night's episode was really good. This is a good cast with a lot of early season queens. I'm rooting for Shea or Jujubee to win, but it's too bad Ongina struggled.

I think I said this last season with Manila and Latrice, but I have no problems with anyone from AS1 coming back for another try.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I enjoyed it too. I loves me some Jujubee and always enjoy Alexis - BAM!!!. Blair has done a big transformation which I think will be to her benefit.

Wonder if Vanjie will make an appearance. She is good value every time. And will the broccoli pop up?

I agreed with the elimination.

Aceon6

I never enjoy the “write your own lyrics but work as a group” challenges. The result is usually disappointing. I would have given this week to Blair, but
Shea
did a great job and I think the right queen went home.

Aussie Willy

I agree. Sometimes those challenges can be very good. But this one was a bit flat. More the subject matter was a bit meh. I agree with the result and winner. Her runway look was fierce.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Are we using spoilers in the thread discussing the season following the episode?

I think the winner this week is going to run away with an otherwise ehh season. I've known India since about 2006 or 2007 so I'm rooting for her this time, but I'm actually pretty surprised she's there.

Lemonade20

Hard to say! I really love how they have a surprise lip sync assassin every week. It really adds to the anticipation and especially having a cash pot that increases each time the winner lost that round.

My guess is this season is just getting started. I can’t wait for Snatch Game, we’ll know who the real contenders are.

Aussie Willy

Hard to say! I really love how they have a surprise lip sync assassin every week. It really adds to the anticipation and especially having a cash pot that increases each time the winner lost that round.

My guess is this season is just getting started. I can’t wait for Snatch Game, we’ll know who the real contenders are.
I just hope Snatch Game is going to be a good one. Some of them have been a bit of a dog's breakfast.

Aceon6

I used a spoiler tag as I posted right after the episode aired. I thought some of you cant get access to it until the next day when it hits the VH1 site and might want to watch unspoiled. Let me know what you prefer.

tony

I used a spoiler tag as I posted right after the episode aired. I thought some of you cant get access to it until the next day when it hits the VH1 site and might want to watch unspoiled. Let me know what you prefer.

I think if people are reading the thread, they should expect discussions of the latest episodes. I don't have Showtime amongst the 5000 channels that I do have, and I've used up my Showtime free trials everywhere :lol: but I won't read here until after the episodes anyways.

antmanb

I'm guessing it is safe to not use spoilers for the first episode now? Anyway I was totally yawning at the producers trying to make some big thing of a FEUD! between Derrick and India only to have to wrap up the redemption storyline two seconds later because Derrick was off.

It was so off putting having Derrick dressed as Britney telling us that he's so much more than Britney and is here to show us it this time so what does he do for his next look...Britney, only he's doing impressions of a bunch of other people so he just had to dress as Britney because why?? I was so glad to see him go. He was annoying from start to finish. When they were all back in the werk room and he says whatever he wears he'll be seen as Britney and pointed to every queen's outfit and claimed to it could be Britney.....mmmmmkay!

Lemonade20

I'm guessing it is safe to not use spoilers for the first episode now? Anyway I was totally yawning at the producers trying to make some big thing of a FEUD! between Derrick and India only to have to wrap up the redemption storyline two seconds later because Derrick was off.

It was so off putting having Derrick dressed as Britney telling us that he's so much more than Britney and is here to show us it this time so what does he do for his next look...Britney, only he's doing impressions of a bunch of other people so he just had to dress as Britney because why?? I was so glad to see him go. He was annoying from start to finish. When they were all back in the werk room and he says whatever he wears he'll be seen as Britney and pointed to every queen's outfit and claimed to it could be Britney.....mmmmmkay!

I was SO surprised they invited Derrick Barry back after what happened during her season!

Aceon6

I need to get this off my chest....I F’NG HATE THE GROUP CHALLENGES. And I hate the challenge recycling. I’m In Love last week was a near carbon copy of the Las Vegas show challenge that aired only 6 weeks ago. I guess the props were still on set. This week, we got a repeat of the Club challenge from Season 4 made over as a hotel suite. I get that ideas might be running a bit dry, but two weeks in a row shows that the chips are getting a bit stale.

As for the tops and bottoms, it seemed a bit arbitrary and just a vehicle to set up the “let’s get into Shea’s head” and “let’s watch Alexis and Cracker go at it” shows. I genuinely feared for Shea as an early Bottom 3 creates an perfect opportunity for dumping a strong queen. As for Mariah, I won’t miss her as I’m constantly forgetting she’s even there. India can go next, I guess.

Lemonade20

I need to get this off my chest....I F’NG HATE THE GROUP CHALLENGES. And I hate the challenge recycling. I’m In Love last week was a near carbon copy of the Las Vegas show challenge that aired only 6 weeks ago. I guess the props were still on set. This week, we got a repeat of the Club challenge from Season 4 made over as a hotel suite. I get that ideas might be running a bit dry, but two weeks in a row shows that the chips are getting a bit stale.

As for the tops and bottoms, it seemed a bit arbitrary and just a vehicle to set up the “let’s get into Shea’s head” and “let’s watch Alexis and Cracker go at it” shows. I genuinely feared for Shea as an early Bottom 3 creates an perfect opportunity for dumping a strong queen. As for Mariah, I won’t miss her as I’m constantly forgetting she’s even there. India can go next, I guess.

Agreed, I don’t even remember Mariah. She’s blended in too much. I would like to see new challenges set up testing each queen instead of team challenges. It’s getting boring. Shea is on fire and I couldn’t believe they hated her three in one. It blew me away

jamesy

delightful
I was mixed on the suite challenge but the biggest peeve I had was that they arbitrarily made it groups of 3, 3, 2. Could they really have not ponied up the budget for a 4th room and just made 4 equal teams of 2?

And this is probably my Jujubee bias showing, but she made a lame challenge hilarious. Mayhem and Blair made me laugh, too, so I'm not surprised they were all in the top. So happy for Juju to finally get a win.

Those Shea votes look like they are going to cause some drama next week. :watch:

Jayar

I am not knocking anybody here, but I don't know why Juju won when all she did was wear costumes. And why is wearing a costume bad sometimes and not others?

tony

I am not knocking anybody here, but I don't know why Juju won when all she did was wear costumes. And why is wearing a costume bad sometimes and not others?

When it fits what the producers want for the sake of a storyline I guess. Remember Brita having an excellent Michelle dress last season and her being criticized for not matching the earrings of all things?

Juju was watching what Monet was doing from the start of the lip sync. She was hardly trying IMO and didn't want any of the heat on her in the event that she won. I don't think Shea deserved to be in the bottom and agree that it was just to add some drama and those votes thrown her way.

Aussie Willy

When it fits what the producers want for the sake of a storyline I guess. Remember Brita having an excellent Michelle dress last season and her being criticized for not matching the earrings of all things?

Juju was watching what Monet was doing from the start of the lip sync. She was hardly trying IMO and didn't want any of the heat on her in the event that she won. I don't think Shea deserved to be in the bottom and agree that it was just to add some drama and those votes thrown her way.
Was Monet wearing a skating dress from the 80s?

Aceon6

Oy, yet another team improv challenge. I guess I must have a different sense of humor, but I didn’t find any of them funny. I swear Ru just pulled Cracker’s name out of a hat for the win. I was surprised that Alexis wasn’t in the bottom, but guess the producers need her to keep stirring the pot. The lipsynch was a tie with two lipsticks in play. Mayhem got the double chop, undeservedly IMHO. India’s done N O T H I N G so far, yet always seems to squeak by.

The bright spot for me was Blair’s runway look. I replayed her walk several times, just for the pretty!

And we FINALLY get snatch game next week! I am so over the team stuff.

Last edited:

Lemonade20

Oy, yet another team improv challenge. I guess I must have a different sense of humor, but I didn’t find not any of them funny. I swear Ru just pulled Cracker’s name out of a hat for the win. I was surprised that Alexis wasn’t in the bottom, but guess the producers need her to keep stirring the pot. The lipsynch was a tie with two lipsticks in play. Mayhem got the double chop, undeservedly IMHO. India’s done N O T H I N G so far, yet always seems to squeak by.

The bright spot for me was Blair’s runway look. I replayed her walk several times, just for the pretty!

And we FINALLY get snatch game next week! I am so over the team stuff.

agreed!! Mayhem did more than India and it wasn’t a fair elimination. Blair was outstanding, but would I call her the winner? Hmmm, we’ll see next week. Love Snatch Game, I like that they are going with the Love Game again. It really separates the funny from the clueless

tony

I like Cracker but wouldn't have given her the win.

The challenge was cringe-worthy altogether. Those TMZ office shots with the queens trying to be 'bros' wasn't funny at all; it was just super awkward. I get that they were just trying to emulate the actual TMZ offices but not one of them was funny.

I think Mayhem's quick to shoot back response to Michelle probably helped solidify the choice for the queens without them looking like they were being unfair.

Blair's looks continue to be stunning, but I still think it's Shea leading the way. Juju is funny and all, but she's just not doing it for me like she seems to be for a lot of other fans.

Lemonade20

I like Cracker but wouldn't have given her the win.

The challenge was cringe-worthy altogether. Those TMZ office shots with the queens trying to be 'bros' wasn't funny at all; it was just super awkward. I get that they were just trying to emulate the actual TMZ offices but not one of them was funny.

I think Mayhem's quick to shoot back response to Michelle probably helped solidify the choice for the queens without them looking like they were being unfair.

Blair's looks continue to be stunning, but I still think it's Shea leading the way. Juju is funny and all, but she's just not doing it for me like she seems to be for a lot of other fans.

If I had to choose, Shea is the best all around, but we will have to wait and see!

Aussie Willy

If they were going to do a trash TV challenge, I liked the one where they did the Jerry Springer type show. This one didn't quite hit the mark.

Blair is the one that is surprising me. That tree look was beautiful and I am surprised she didn't win for that alone. Plus she was good in the challenge.

I love how Juju is really being an observer to all the others and probably is not taking it all as seriously the rest seem to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information