RPDR - All Stars 3

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
And can we talk: a diva-impersonator filled medley of covers of ru songs! The man is a self-promotion genius :lol:
I thought it was very funny and clever too. Wonder who he got to sing those parts. Have to give props to Trixie's Dolly Parton and Chi Chi's Patti Labelle. In fact Trixie looks like she toned down the make up because her Dolly was pretty accurate.

topaz

I think Milk and Kennedy should have been in the bottom two.

Thorgy's lip sync was on point though. She knew the lyrics. Her runway look was very good too.

Aja is quietly kicking butt. Her performance was great and her runway look was great.

antmanb

I'm so glad Thorgy Thor is gone! I didn't think she should have been there in the first place.

Milk was getting on my nerves so much and I loved Trixie's comments about it something along the lines of no-one gets that emotional for being safe :lol:

Willin

I don't even think the problem's that Milk isn't up to the challenge. TBH it seems like she's not trying to do anything but be a total b****. If she tried on the challenges or added any variety in, I think she'd be doing better.

Aussie Willy

I think that new challenge is a keeper - The Bitchelor. Bendela, Kennedy, Trixie and Shangela were brilliant. Shame Aja got the type of character wrong because I think she had she would have been up there because she is performing very well.

And Aja's runway look was fantastic. She has really stepped it up.

Thank god for that result, simply for the fact delusion does not a good competitor make. Reality check was badly needed.

As for the lipsynch, definitely the right result.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
As for the lipsynch, definitely the right result.
I was a bit surprised, not by the result but by Ben's performance. People who can master comedy tend to be really good overall actors, but this lipsynch showed that it's not always true. I can't decide if Ben was sick of the responsibility and didn't do her best or Ben just can't do dramatic acting that doesn't involve an OTT comedic twist. It really doesn't matter, though, as Kennedy really brought it.

berthesghost

I really liked that challenge. All stars gets better each season which is the opposite of what usually happens in other shows all stars.

I think there was a definite top 4 vs bottom 4 this week so poor shangela was better than safe imo and Bebe was lucky to get safe. Even if they were both middle of the pack, there was a big gap between them imo.

After chi chi cried and the judges all had to reassure her she wasn’t a looser I wanted to scream at Aja “see! That’s how a needy girl acts!” :lol:

Frankly, I thought Aja (I had to open my own door by myself :lol: ) was better than Bebe both in the challenge and on the runway, but I wasn’t a judge, so :shuffle:

This is working out as bad for milk as it did for phi phi. The whole episode, every time the camera went to milk for a confessional I was like “girl no, just stop talking”

Kennedy and Ben both played very similar characters. Trixi “wuz robbed” imo

Aussie Willy

I wonder what Milk was like when they were a competitive skater if that is they way they are behaving in this show.

Willin

@Aussie Willy I'm wondering this as well... I believe he works with a number of artistic skating ventures in NYC, so he's able to maintain those connections at least, suggesting he wasn't too too awful. He was an ice dancer, so maybe someone will reach out to his former partner for an interview. I'm surprised someone hasn't contacted or mentioned her already with how crazy the drag race fandom is...

FiveRinger

Thorgy and Milk were both ridiculous and poor sports. Thorgy can't blame Bob for his failure to succeed. He refused to accept any criticism, and worse, he refuse to be accountable for anything that he did or didn't do. And his message to Shangela was just disgusting and unnecessary. Milk was wrong for the way that she treated Kennedy and I was happy that Kennedy was the one to get to eliminate her. Not only is Milk a mean girl, she's completely delusional about her performance and ability. Good riddance to both of these whiners.

antmanb

Yes I was pretty glad to see Milk go as well - the arrogance to think she was one of the best when she clearly wasn't was both stunning and delusional.

I loved Kennedy, Ben and Trixie in the challenge, they were the stand outs. I think Bebe is being given an easy ride because she's a season winner. I thought she was worse than Aja in the challenge (even though Aja got her character totally wrong), and Aja was far better on the runway so i'd have had Bebe bottom three.

Does anyone have a clue what the skit at the end means when the queens go and Chad and Alaska have that handmaids tale thing going on? I'm assuming it'll be that all the rejected queens will get to compete in a challenge so one of them comes back, but is there any official word yet?

Aussie Willy

The last all stars there was a chance for them to come back. But I love the bits with Alaska and Chad as the handmaids being in the background.

antmanb

I've also just read that Marc Jacobs is going to be one of the guest judges in the next episode. As bitchy as it was I laughed out loud that Milk went just before Mark Jacobs was a judge :lol:

Allen

Glad to be back!
I think having Michelle and Carson as the contestants on Snatch Game is going to make things very interesting since they can take first hand experience back to the judging panel of how things went. Plus, I would assume having Michelle and Carson there will add some pressure.

Last edited:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
ANTM had the girls pose with one of Katia, Valentina, or Manila for their photo shoots in this week’s episode. Katia looked famazing... really stunning! Valentina had on some really weird spider lashes that made her eyes closer to Trixie Mattel’s than the flawless Val I remembered. Manila was Manila. The photo shoot winner and loser both shot with Katia.

Shutomei

Does anyone have a clue what the skit at the end means when the queens go and Chad and Alaska have that handmaids tale thing going on? I'm assuming it'll be that all the rejected queens will get to compete in a challenge so one of them comes back, but is there any official word yet?

I was wondering about this. I have this theory that they might be back to judge the finalists?

berthesghost

I think having Michelle and Carson as the contestants on Snatch Game is going to make things very interesting since they can take first hand experience back to the judging panel of how things went. Plus, I would assume having Michelle and Carson there will add some pressure.
in the end it didn’t seem to make much difference. It was probably more to do with a odd number of girls and the “joke” of having KC on the panel playing herself.

This was probably one of the worst match games ever. As spot on as both Ben and shangela were I suspect they may be both very niche: only people of a certain age remember Paul imo and I mainly know Jen thru ru and shangela so :shuffle:

Was it so bad I forgot it, or in 12 tries has no one done madonna?

And either shangela is a reality tv genius or they made her redo the lipstick reveal because that was too good a set up

Even the part about thirty note seemed a set up. Either Trixi waited until after milk was gone to hang up thorgy’s note or it was up for days and shangela either never noticed or didn’t comment.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
And either shangela is a reality tv genius or they made her redo the lipstick reveal because that was too good a set up

I think the cameras caught that they both chose the same person to eliminate so Rupaul was alerted to just have them both win and build the suspense. Shangela already had a beef with Trixie over the note so she wanted to play it up and scare her, and she did a good job.

Aussie Willy

With Snatch Game there have always been a few people played that I haven't heard of. But as long as they are funny I don't mind.

I think Ben's choice of Paul Lind was inspired. I certainly remember him from the movies. I didn't know Shangela's character but she did a good job. And Bebe doing Grace Jones was a good choice. And having Kristen Chenowyth was hilarious.

At least with Trixie having a bad one she took ownership of it. Didn't blame anyone else by herself for what she did. Unlike Milk.

And Chi Chi was a good sport about being eliminated. I think she knew her time was up.

antmanb

I also loved Ben on snatch game but haven't the judges always been very critical of anyone being a man on Snatch game or being to manly on the runway. I seem to think they hauled one of the queens over the coals for wearing a (female) Tux at some point and being too manly.

The editing of this episode got on my nerves - it was like the edit on previous shows where they just splice things together, sometimes to create things that never actually happened. I didn't see how the note drama could possibly have played out the way it was shown and it was obvious from the fake drama set up of the episode who was going to be in the bottom.

Also was Marc Jacobs just there to go around the work room? I don't recall him actually being at the runway?

Aussie Willy

I also loved Ben on snatch game but haven't the judges always been very critical of anyone being a man on Snatch game or being to manly on the runway. I seem to think they hauled one of the queens over the coals for wearing a (female) Tux at some point and being too manly.
I think he got away with it because Paul Lind was funny but also very camp. And wasn't he originally on the show where Snatch Game is taken off?

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I think he got away with it because Paul Lind was funny but also very camp. And wasn't he originally on the show where Snatch Game is taken off?

Snatch Game is from Match Game. Paul Lynde was on Hollywood Squares as the center square for a long time. It was like tic tac toe, with celebrities sitting in each position of the game board.

berthesghost

I think this episode exposed once and for all that snatch is about nothing more than making ru laugh. He’s obsessed with Paul Lynne in HS and is good friends with Jen. The “don’t do men drag” rule apparently doesn’t apply to snatch as little Richard won that year. Judge Judy is another obsession, and often people like Suzanne barsch and Michelle are friends of his that the general public might not know but score high. Pop stars like ke$ha, Gaga etc never score well even if they hit the audience demographic. Tat’s Adrianna grande was underrated. Choices. I’m shocked none of the queens have done Jessica fletcher or any of the golden girls yet. It’s a sure win!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information