Royalty Thread #9. Welcome Archie, the red headed heir, don’t care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winnipeg

So if Harry and Megan break up at some point, which I hope they do not, Megan can always go back to her acting career and likely do very well. A career enhancer. Thoughts?

mag

This is a fabulous program. Want to combat mental illness, substance abuse, homelessness? Start right at the beginning with healthy moms, pregnancies, and babies.

I chose this article because most of the ones I read insisted on comparing Kate to Diana, gasp, they are both wearing polka dots, must be a tribute! OMG, get over it!

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
So if Harry and Megan break up at some point, which I hope they do not, Megan can always go back to her acting career and likely do very well. A career enhancer. Thoughts?
OH.....I bet The Firm will have a few words to say about that...............and it will all be in writing.

I would imagine Ms. Markel will have no need to work. She will walk away a very wealthy woman.

I would also imagine that before Meghan gets that healthy settlement she will have signed documents limiting the activities she can engage in..........like acting.
That would not be seemly.

And there is the little issue of Archie. Archie is a British Citizen. (as well as an American Citizen.)
Newsweek
Oddly, Harry might not technically have custody over his own newborn son in the future, that right is given to the reigning monarch, well if the royal child is a grandchild of the current sovereign. In accordance with a law enacted in 1717 by King George titled "The Grand Opinion for the Prerogative Concerning the Royal Family," the reigning monarch has all custody over every royal grandchild. This law only applies to grandchildren, meaning Harry still has custody over his newborn son, but if Archie's grandfather, Prince Charles ascended to the throne, Archie's custody would go to him. However, royal expert Marlene Koenig explained to Newsweek that it's currently more of a formality. No royal would ever use that law to their benefit.

As far as dual citizenship....not so simple
Dual citizenship means that a person is a citizen of two countries at the same time, having legal rights and obligations in connection with both countries. While dual citizenship gives certain advantages, such as easy residency in multiple countries and access to government programs, there are extra legal considerations that can make life more complicated. For example, the dual citizen may have tax obligations in more than one nation, or may need to fulfill residency requirements between two homelands. Following is a discussion of dual citizenship and related legal issues.

Although I can see them getting divorced....I don't think it will happen Or if it does, Megan and Archie will stay in the UK.

Well....except the Queen may insist on a divorce like she did with Charles and Diana.

Los Angeles Times

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
@AxelAnnie, your assumptions are both :eek: and :rofl: . If H & M got a divorce the situation would be unique. The royal family has had divorces before but none of the parties involved had had such a high-profile job in another country before marriage so no one really knows what would happen. But the fact that Meghan would be rich has nothing to do with whether or not she would want to work. And the fact that technically the Queen has custody of Archie doesn't mean she would want to exercise that right. I believe she would butt out & let H & M work out the details.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I have to say it continues to surprise me when Meghan is referred to as a high profile actress/Hollywood celebrity/A list and the like.

She was on one long running cable show as part of an ensemble cast, and otherwise her credit list is almost entirely guest spots on tv shows and a couple of minor movie roles. Other than that, she seems to be best known as "briefcase model #24" on a game show. There are literally thousands of actors, maybe more, with similar resumes, and many more thousands whose work is better known and/or more extensive.

Honestly, did anyone other that people who watch Suits have any idea who she was before she started dating Harry?

Sure, she could go back to acting if she wanted to, and her newfound fame might help open new doors, but really.

MsZem

I see the sea
I saw Suits ages ago, possibly before Meghan's time, and it was pretty bad. Did it improve with her on it?

Obviously she has a much higher profile now, and could do any number of things if she were to resume her career. But why is this very hypothetical scenario even coming up?

In actual royal news, looks like everyone is going to Japan next month for Emperor Naruhito's enthronement:

canbelto

Some of the writing about Meghan has reached fanfic levels. No, the 92 year old Queen is not going to baby-nap Archie and hole him up in Buckingham Palace to prevent him from being influenced by Evil Hollywood. IF Meghan and Harry's marriage dissolves custody will be split between the parents, as has always been the case with royal divorces (three of HM's own children had failed marriages and all involved children). The Queen also cannot prevent Meghan from flying to LA by taking away her visa, joint citizenship or no joint citizenship.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
@AxelAnnie, your assumptions are both :eek: and :rofl: . If H & M got a divorce the situation would be unique. The royal family has had divorces before but none of the parties involved had had such a high-profile job in another country before marriage so no one really knows what would happen. But the fact that Meghan would be rich has nothing to do with whether or not she would want to work. And the fact that technically the Queen has custody of Archie doesn't mean she would want to exercise that right. I believe she would butt out & let H & M work out the details.
I was just laying out possibilities.

The queen butted right in with Charles and Diana. Archie is so far down the line of succession, I am not sure that the Queen would exercise her custody options.

I would assume that any divorce negotiations would set out who lives where, how far the custodial parent can move, and the amount of money that will be paid and to whom.

Because a divorce is also a negotiation of custody and assets, there is a component of I will give you this, if you give me that. My assertion about Meghan going back to acting (which was part of the comment I was responding to) was that it would be an unseemly career for a (former) British Royal. I was in no way saying (or thinking) that she would not WANT to work.

The Queen would remain an "interested party" in the custody arrangements. I would bet that Meghan and Harry would come up with something between Charles and Diana and Fergie and Edward, who have been living under the same roof for eons.

Anyway I hope they are happy, stay together, and enjoy their lives. That is best for all.

ballettmaus

I guess, I find it strange to wear an all-black dress to a celebratory and joyful occasion like a Western wedding since it's the color traditionally worn at Western funerals.

PDilemma

The Queen does not have custody of her great-grandchildren. I googled this awhile back. Can't find the same link right now (because it's Friday afternoon and I'm tired and don't want to scroll that long). But if you do google, you will find articles explaining that this was a ruling made on behalf of King George I in 1717 because of issues he had with his son. The ruling gave him custody over that grandson. It was ruled as a "royal prerogative" which implies that it would be precedent. But it has never been claimed as precedent and was never made law by Parliament. A British legal expert said that it is highly unlikely that the Queen would be able to claim custody based on that ruling today as courts would consider it archaic. She did not intervene in custody issues in Charles & Diana's divorce at all. AND, finally, even if she were to claim that precedent, it only applied to grandchildren, not great-grandchildren so she still could not claim any legal rights over a great grandchild.

I saw Suits ages ago, possibly before Meghan's time, and it was pretty bad. Did it improve with her on it?

Obviously she has a much higher profile now, and could do any number of things if she were to resume her career. But why is this very hypothetical scenario even coming up?

I watched the pilot on Prime Video this summer. It's bad. And Meghan was in the pilot and is listed on IMDB as appearing regularly in the first season. You saw her and missed her.

I have always been a bit perplexed that someone with an acting background fidgets in public as much as she does--hands in hair, hands in face, belly clutching and rubbing when pregnant, messing with a bag ,clinging on or rubbing on Harry, etc... So I was extremely interested in the fact that on the pilot of Suits, she had a prop she never used in her hand in every scene. I directed HS theatre for several years. I gave kids a useless prop to hold when they couldn't keep their hands still. But you should have learned not to do that by the time you are a grown adult with a theatre degree with a job on a television show.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
From the captions I've seen, it looks like they are all wearing "evening wear" even though it's not night yet. So I'd expect a lot of black.

ballettmaus

Interesting article on how the Royals Ana celebrities travel “commercial”

Interesting find, thanks.

I think what matters in this case is not how they are treated but that they don't use a jet just for themselves. I'd rather each and every high-profile person fly that way (with maybe the exception of heads of state, although, why not?) than them using their own planes.

Reactions: mag

canbelto

Omg! To those who thought that Archie might be one of Tessa and Scott's secret babies:

Harry and Meghan got a shout out in the secret baby blog!

Relevant quote:

oycanada August 30, 2019 at 5:42 PM
Thanks. You must have a LOT of patience.

To your question: How do they manage what? Hide the kids? They don't hide the kids.

The key point here is everybody knows. Are there pockets of fans, maybe new fans from 2018, who don't get it, who subscribe to the same fan misconceptions fans have bought into for years? Sure. Check in with them in 2022 and see how fervent they are then.

VM don't have to hide anything. Everybody has seen their kids. Including many fans. This is not a secret. Anymore than, to bring the British Royal Family back into it, Meghan Markle's attitude and Prince Harry's degeneracy is some kind of secret. There's a difference between secret and publicly acknowledged, as I think history thoroughly demonstrates. What Virtue and Moir insist upon is that publicly, they're not together. Every single outlet that pushes this theme knows they are together. Many if not most fans also know they're together. No hiding. Just no publishing. That's all.

mag

Another engagement for Meghan while in South Africa:

I trust the first part of this sentence is a typo:

“There, she will mentor mothers who deliver health services and education to women and their families in townships around the city, and visit with clients and their children.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information