Royalty Thread#12 Tiaras, Palaces & Gilded Cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I'm convinced aftershocks is either part of LaineyGossip or a fervent reader of LaineyGossip bc she just reiterates whatever Lainey writes, including certain terms that originated from that blog.

:D Nope, I don't need Lainey Liu and her gossip site in order to do my own research and form my own opinions. Lainey do got some interesting takes and some insider sources though. :sekret: Lainey's is a general gossip site, not solely a royal gossip site. I go there every once in a blue moon, but not a lot. She do have some juicy tales to tell, backed up by receipts. But again, I don't need Lainey.

... including certain terms that originated from that blog.

Tee hee. I'm convinced you know a lot more about Lainey and her gossip site than I do.

Next... :watch:

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
This is not the only Royal work. Harry’s work with Inviticus, Meghan’s work on the cookbook, Kate’s work on the Early Years and the Big 5 Questions, William’s work with mental health and footballers, Prince Charles and The Prince’s Trust, the list

The Queen gets regular visits, at least once a week, from the Prime Minister to discuss what is going on in Parliament. She also gets daily deliveries of briefing boxes with government documents for her to review, respond to, and sign. IIRC Charles has been involved in some of these activities so he knows what to expect when/if it's his turn.

Many of the Royals who are patrons or advisors to charities are involved in planning fundraising events, developing strategy, providing advice to the board, and networking on behalf of the charity. Their role can go way beyond handshaking and ribbon-cutting.

mag

@overedge, Yes, there is much more than just showing up and cutting ribbons. That said, there is also the mundane meet and greet and ribbon cutting stuff that is important to the people involved. While dryly and boring, I suspect that senior members of the firm are all expected to do their share. Like any job, it cannot be glamorous and inspiring all the time.

aftershocks

Banned Member
What they [Sussexes] have done since their wedding the majority is not ongoing in the sense that someone will have to replace them.

That's because M&H will continue to support and to work with their patronages and charities. Part of the reason M&H wanted their freedom is in order to do more work, not less. It is kind of interesting, but unsurprising that the tabloids are painting M&H as the villains for leaving the Cambridges with all this extra work. :lol: Actually, William did not like M&H receiving so much of the spotlight. The existence of M&H did help light a spark under the Cambridges to actually step-up and take on additional work, and to do so in a more creative way that frankly Meghan spearheaded and inspired with her more organic, hands-on, advance research approach to community engagements and to Commonwealth tours.

As well, Meghan did a lot of non-publicized behind-the-scenes visits, first with victims of the Grenfell Tower fire, which led to connecting with the women of Hubb Community Kitchen; and later with her patronages, especially SmartWorks and The Mayhew, and the inspirational women's work initiative, Luminary Bakery. The National Theater has indicated that they are in talks with Meghan on an in-depth project that may be unveiled this year. Who knew that even before her maternity leave began, Meghan had planted the seeds to work on guest-editing the September 2019 issue of British Vogue, instead of simply resting and putting her feet up at Frogmore. Even the Queen was admiring of how Meghan willingly and impressively responded to the government's request to tour Morocco while in the 7th month of her pregnancy. Meghan is definitely someone who thrives on working hard. Some apparently see that as a fault. Oh well, the Cambridges have the royal spotlight back in their corner, despite the tabloids and RRs still mostly being fixated on the Sussexes' 'blimey' plans.

To be honest, Harry's creation of Sentebale in 2006, is what led to the brothers starting the Royal Foundation in 2009. Harry needed a foundation arm to help fund his charity. Later, the RF came in handy for Harry's founding of Invictus Games. It's actually Harry with Kate's help who did most of the brainstorming and developing of the RF's mental health initiatives, which culminated in the creation of Heads Together (a name coined by Kate). Although William is involved in some aspects of mental health with his patronages, and he's been supportive of Harry's efforts & Kate's assistance, he's not directly responsible for the hands-on work involved in creating Heads Together. Even with Wm's new environmental initiative, his plan is to bring experts together to work on viable ways of combating environmental crises, so he can then hand out awards to the most deserving scientists.

The 2019 audit of the Royal Foundation (which revealed financial management concerns -- William's responsibility) also showed that it was Harry's Sentebale and the Invictus Games, and Meghan's Hubb Community Kitchen cookbook project which had brought in the majority of funding in 2018. That's in part probably one of the reasons why William grabbed control of the Shout project spearheaded by M&H in the fall of 2018. Subsequently, the Shout initiative was labeled a joint Duke & Duchess of Cambridge and Duke & Duchess of Sussex project, and it stayed within the Royal Foundation fold after the Sussexes exited the RF to start their own charitable initiative.

Harry and Meghan have accomplished a lot more of a substantive nature in terms of measurable, high profile results for their charities, and on tours and community engagements in two years of marriage (and Harry over the years with Sentebale, Invictus, WellChild & Endeavour Fund, etc.) than the Cambridges have achieved in 9 years of marriage, albeit the Cambridges have 2 more kids than the Sussexes. :D I guess the other part of this is that M&H met each other in their 30s, not their early 20s. So, by the time M&H met, they were grounded and motivated by what they wanted to do in life, and thus they were ready to rock 'n roll, and to set those 'boots on the ground.'

A lot of people wonder why the Sussexes will still serve as President & VP of the Queen's Commonwealth Trust. I believe it is because the QCT was created in 2016 with Harry's input, and with the Queen's blessing, as a way of helping Harry carve out a future role serving Commonwealth interests. So while Harry will no longer hold the title of Commonwealth Youth Ambassador, he and Meghan apparently will continue to play a role with the QCT.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Aftershocks, surely you must be aware that your posts on this board on just about any subject are not always taken lightly or nicely, but I have to say that you are spot on here, congratulations, I agree with it all!!!

Yep I'm exceedingly long-winded writing off-the-cuff, and I'm sure many people perceive me to be aggressive in my tone, which is not my intention. I am an opinionated Sagittarius, which means I'm a rather blunt truth-seeker. There's been so much false, egregious stuff said about the Sussexes, it's frankly hard to keep up with separating the wheat from the chaff. Not to mention keeping up with the coverage on them is exhausting, and takes away from other pursuits and obligations. But I'm interested because I'm impressed by who they both are as people, and by the genuine passion they exhibit for wanting to give back to others and to make a difference in the world. Plus, I've been interested in the British royal family for a long time.

M&H's love story is of course also very appealing. But if they each weren't substantive, interesting people in their own rights, my interest in them would waver. It's been so appalling and alarming though to witness all the Meghan-hate and dismissive disdain.

canbelto

Okay back to protocol: anyone ever heard of the six-tooth rule? That royal women can only smile with six teeth showing?

aftershocks

Banned Member
Interesting article:

From what I've heard, it's a few disgruntled people the media has taken advantage of to try and make Harry look bad. The vast majority of military veterans and people associated with Invictus understand that Harry will remain involved, despite living outside of Great Britain for part of each year. Harry is the founder, but he does not and has never managed the event's operations. As well, over the past couple of years, management and operation of Invictus has been undergoing a transition. Harry had initially started the project as an effort that would perhaps be a one-off, but it was so successful and well-received that it continued.

Still, Harry was thinking of discontinuing the Invictus Games a year or so ago. But everyone involved and impacted wanted it to continue. As a result, reorganization has ensued, and Invictus is expected to be held every two years after this year's games in The Hague.

Here's an 'interesting' and sad turnabout for one of Kate's patronages:

On a lighter note, Sarah Chatto's sons, Princess Margaret's grandsons are growing up into very attractive young men:

Last edited:

canbelto

What, does one of the aides or ladies-in-waiting jump out from behind them and clamp their lips together if they're showing seven teeth? This is absurd.

No just that they probably practice smiling so that they don't show their bottom teeth or gums. Diana rarely showed bottom teeth when she smiled. In fact she perfected the toothless shy smile.

princess-diana-crown-z.jpg

MsZem

I see the sea
No just that they probably practice smiling so that they don't show their bottom teeth or gums. Diana rarely showed bottom teeth when she smiled. In fact she perfected the toothless shy smile.
Diana was able to smile in more than one way! Incredible!
Why are you so invested in making up rules and "facts" about the BRF?

I guess it's a lucky thing that most people in this thread are not interested in the other royal families.

Last edited:

Judy

Diana was able to smile in more than one way! Incredible!
Why are you so invested in making up rules and "facts" about the BRF?

I guess it's a lucky thing that most people in this thread are not interested in the other royal families.

I have to believe she is poking fun at us.

Judy

OMG here's a picture of the Queen showing more than six teeth. Off to the Tower with her! :lynch:

We should leak this to Prince Charles’ people who will then leak it to the press and Charles becomes King after the Queen is forced to step down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information