Royalty Thread#12 Tiaras, Palaces & Gilded Cages

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftershocks

Banned Member
SHARPIE said:
Let‘s hope nobody is not in the middle of an epic novella of a bandwidth chewing post eh? :lol:

:p Ha ha... Wouldn't have made any significant difference.

taf2002 said:
I could list plenty of people of color who made it the classy way.

:eek: :duh: Color though ain't got nuthin' to do with whether or not a person is classy or has character, ideals and ambition.

I guess you're not a baseball fan @taf2002. ARod was a very famous player back-in-the-day. He started out in Seattle, then Texas. He was supposed to go to the Boston Red Sox, but Steinbrenner made a deal to bring him to the Yankees, where ARod secretly wanted to play anyway. Despite his huge talent, ARod always seemed to envy Derek Jeter. ;) In any case, ARod's tenure with the Yankees was rocky. Some fans believe ARod coming to the Yankees somehow led to breaking the Red Sox curse that followed Babe Ruth leaving the Red Sox for the Yankees, or something like that. It was really strange in 2004 when the Yankees were ahead 3 to 0 in the playoffs against the Red Sox and only needed one more win, but strangely the Red Sox came all the way back to win and later ended up winning the elusive World Series. There was something curious about the final score as well in the 3 to 0 game, something like 19 to 8, which signaled 1918, the last time the Red Sox had won the World Series (I could be mistaken on the details). It was awhile ago.

Anyway, ARod went through a lot of ups-and-downs in New York. He was not hugely popular with the fans in the way the amazing cool, calm, collected, heroic Derek Jeter was! It's kinda fitting that ARod and JLo found each other. They seem made for each other -- both very ambitious and having gone through a lot of travails in their lives and persevered. I'm quite sure M&H and A&J had fun talking about raising children and dealing with life in the high profile spotlight.

mag said:
...had Meghan not married Harry she could have aspired to be like JLo.

:drama: Methinks JLo actually aspires to be like Meghan, and Meghan likely not only aspired to be like JLo, she was like JLo in ambitiously going on auditions, working hard to be a success and never giving up. At this stage, they both surely have a lot to talk about regarding the highs and lows of a career in acting, particularly as women of color. In her career, Meghan learned how to network and I'm sure JLo has always been on top of that skill too.

I hope everyone approves of the new thread title.

SHARPIE said:
... maybe that brat Savannah will become less spoiled and entitled now.

How do you know that Savannah is a spoiled brat though? She just seems to be cheeky, funny and mischievous, judging by her shenanigans with equally mischievous Prince George on the BP balcony.

In any case, it's hard on any kid when their parents get divorced.

I suppose Autumn had her fill of the gilded cage, and there really weren't enough perks nor any tiaras involved in her close proximity life to major royals. But who knows what happened exactly. Marriages aren't easy whether or not they involve royalty.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Oh, I forgot to mention that ARod also dated Madonna at one time. And he also dated Kate Hudson briefly, and also Cameron Diaz, and even Demi Moore! :watch: Alex got around, which is in part why his first marriage broke up.

But back to the pleasures of tiaras, palaces, fine dining, VIP luxury lifestyle, and the viccissitudes of the gilded cage...

aftershocks

Banned Member
Great title!
Sorry to hear about Autumn and her husband breaking up.

Yeah, too bad. Another royal wife runs back to Canada. But since Peter is a minor royal, the media will not be playing up this departure. And sadly it's a split, not a unified flight from the gilded cage of royal life in Britain.

Hopefully, their daughters (Savannah & Isla) will have the chance to spend a good bit of time in Canada as well as Great Britain. They are 9 and 7 respectively, so it will be interesting to see how their schooling will be handled going forward. We may hear stories about the Cambridge kids losing close proximity to more of their young cousins.

Sad times for the Windsors continue, but they will have a chance for some happier times at Beatrice's wedding hopefully. Another recent divorce among the younger royals happened in 2018 between Lady Davina (of Gloucester) and her New Zealander husband, Gary Lewis, who is Maori. They also have two young children, daughter Senna Kowhai, and son Tane Mahuta. Lewis also has a son Ari, from a previous marriage.

Last edited:

Judy

:p Ha ha... Wouldn't have made any significant difference.

:eek: :duh: Color though ain't got nuthin' to do with whether or not a person is classy or has character, ideals and ambition.

I guess you're not a baseball fan @taf2002. ARod was a very famous player back-in-the-day. He started out in Seattle, then Texas. He was supposed to go to the Boston Red Sox, but Steinbrenner made a deal to bring him to the Yankees, where ARod secretly wanted to play anyway. Despite his huge talent, ARod always seemed to envy Derek Jeter. ;) In any case, ARod's tenure with the Yankees was rocky. Some fans believe ARod coming to the Yankees somehow led to breaking the Red Sox curse that followed Babe Ruth leaving the Red Sox for the Yankees, or something like that. It was really strange in 2004 when the Yankees were ahead 3 to 0 in the playoffs against the Red Sox and only needed one more win, but strangely the Red Sox came all the way back to win and later ended up winning the elusive World Series. There was something curious about the final score as well in the 3 to 0 game, something like 19 to 8, which signaled 1918, the last time the Red Sox had won the World Series (I could be mistaken on the details). It was awhile ago.

Anyway, ARod went through a lot of ups-and-downs in New York. He was not hugely popular with the fans in the way the amazing cool, calm, collected, heroic Derek Jeter was! It's kinda fitting that ARod and JLo found each other. They seem made for each other -- both very ambitious and having gone through a lot of travails in their lives and persevered. I'm quite sure M&H and A&J had fun talking about raising children and dealing with life in the high profile spotlight.

:drama: Methinks JLo actually aspires to be like Meghan, and Meghan likely not only aspired to be like JLo, she was like JLo in ambitiously going on auditions, working hard to be a success and never giving up. At this stage, they both surely have a lot to talk about regarding the highs and lows of a career in acting, particularly as women of color. In her career, Meghan learned how to network and I'm sure JLo has always been on top of that skill too.

I hope everyone approves of the new thread title.

How do you know that Savannah is a spoiled brat though? She just seems to be cheeky, funny and mischievous, judging by her shenanigans with equally mischievous Prince George on the BP balcony.

In any case, it's hard on any kid when their parents get divorced.

I suppose Autumn had her full of the gilded cage, and there really weren't enough perks nor any tiaras involved in her close proximity life to major royals. But who knows what happened exactly. Marriages aren't easy whether or not they involve royalty.
Yeah, too bad. Another royal wife runs back to Canada. But since Peter is a minor royal, the media will not be playing up this departure. And sadly it's a split, not a unified flight from the gilded cage of royal life in Britain.

Hopefully, their daughters (Savannah & Isla) will have the chance to spend a good bit of time in Canada as well as Great Britain. They are 9 and 7 respectively, so it will be interesting to see how their schooling will be handled going forward. We may hear stories about the Cambridge kids losing close proximity to more of their young cousins.

I am not sure how they will handle the kids but possibly she will stay there. In Canada at least a lot of couples will have it in the separation agreement that both can’t move away. Not sure how the U.K. does it though.

aftershocks

Banned Member
... possibly she will stay there...

You mean she might stay in England? But where? If it's not a happy split, I don't see Autumn hanging around at the palaces. Where did they live anyway? St. James' Palace?

Autumn has family back in Canada. And she also may miss her home country. I read that she was raised Roman Catholic, but apparently she was not a practicing Catholic at the time of her marriage in 2008, which was helpful since the Royal Marriages Act was still in effect at that time, barring a royal marrying someone who practiced the Catholic faith.

VGThuy

Oh, I forgot to mention that ARod also dated Madonna at one time. And he also dated Kate Hudson briefly, and also Cameron Diaz, and even Demi Moore! :watch: Alex got around, which is in part why his first marriage broke up.

But back to the pleasures of tiaras, palaces, fine dining, VIP luxury lifestyle, and the viccissitudes of the gilded cage...

Sounds like all he needed was a title and change who he dated from celebs to women of that social circle, and he would have fit in nicely with members of the aristocracy then.

ballettmaus

OMG, is it considered a personal affront to anyone here if I don't revere the same people that the majority does? How ridiculous. Tons of people love Kim Kardasian. As someone who came to prominence by leaking her sex video, I don't think much of her. Is that ok with the masses? Or if enough people tell me I'm wrong about Jlo will that make me look up to her?

@taf2002 Your opinion was not the point. Your condescending tone was. Your post suggested that you were questioning whether JLo and her husband and Meghan and Harry would have something to talk about because JLo pole danced in a body suit with a lot of skin-colored fabric.

canbelto

@taf2002 Your opinion was not the point. Your condescending tone was. Your post suggested that you were questioning whether JLo and her husband and Meghan and Harry would have something to talk about because JLo pole danced in a body suit with a lot of skin-colored fabric.

she also called Jlo a “bitch” based on ... American Idol?

Judy

You mean she might stay in England? But where? If it's not a happy split, I don't see Autumn hanging around at the palaces. Where did they live anyway? St. James' Palace?

Autumn has family back in Canada. And she also may miss her home country. I read that she was raised Roman Catholic, but apparently she was not a practicing Catholic at the time of her marriage in 2008, which was helpful since the Royal Marriages Act was still in effect at that time, barring a royal marrying someone who practiced the Catholic faith.

Maybe it is her intention to stay. Ideally you wouldn’t want to split children between two countries. It will be up to them and the lawyers though. I am sure she would get her own place.

mag

Interesting article:

“ Experts and Twitter users alike criticized the pair — who have previously denounced “fossil fuel emissions … jeopardizing” the Earth and spoken of a “ticking clock to save the planet” — for supporting a firm like JP Morgan.

The investment giant is said to have pumped about $67 billion into companies behind fracking, as well as Arctic oil and gas exploration, the Rainforest Action Network (RAN) said in its Banking on Climate Change 2019 report.”

This article seems to confirm the investment:

So I guess the thing is if JP Morgan are trying to do something about mental health within their company, that should be praised. The other side is are they holding the summit and inviting H&M just to get good publicity and distract from the negative headlines.

H&M are going to have a tough road with these sorts of invites. Trying to walk that line is going to be tricky.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....

That's exactly what I meant. Why does having standards equal condescending? And BTW lots of posters took issue with my opinion so for them it was the issue. JLo's bodysuit wasn't nearly as nasty (to me) as her 1st outfit. Did it have to have cutouts at the groin in order to uplift WOC? And in case we missed the skimpiness she kept thrusting at us. Classy!

she also called Jlo a “bitch” based on ... American Idol?

No, based on her treatment of anyone pretty or who might take the focus off her. I actually liked her until her stint on AI but her diva ways turned me off. Bitch? YMMV

MLIS

I am sorry about Peter and Autumn, it’s always a sad time even if it’s for the best, and especially when there are young kids involved. I guess this explains why they weren’t at Sandringham for Christmas, which I thought was odd at the time. Selfishly, I will miss her style, I think she’s one of the most interesting and stylish dressers in the royal family, and she always has the most beautiful hats. I hope they are able to both be at peace and happy, now or soon in the future.

Jenny

From the Bloc
That's exactly what I meant. Why does having standards equal condescending? And BTW lots of posters took issue with my opinion so for them it was the issue.

Your original statement on this topic is what I took issue with:

This surprises me. I don't know anything about Alex R but JLo just doesn't seem classy enough to rub elbows with them. What do they talk about? Her pole skills?

We now know why you don't think she's "classy" (her Super Bowl performance and her behaviour on American Idol), but in your first statement, you implied that she had nothing to talk about but pole dancing.

Others subsequently pointed out that she might in fact have a great deal to talk about with Meghan and Harry, or anyone for that matter, as she leads a very full and accomplished life. She has a number of commonalities with Meghan and Harry based on what we do know (charity work, acting, demographics, parenthood, living in the public eye, both being relatively new in their relationships, I'm sure there's more).

You don't have to like her or approve of her, but fact is she has a lot more to talk about than pole dancing.

And, another conversation entirely, but some would argue that pole dancing is a legit career and nothing to be looked down upon.

Judy

I am sorry about Peter and Autumn, it’s always a sad time even if it’s for the best, and especially when there are young kids involved. I guess this explains why they weren’t at Sandringham for Christmas, which I thought was odd at the time. Selfishly, I will miss her style, I think she’s one of the most interesting and stylish dressers in the royal family, and she always has the most beautiful hats. I hope they are able to both be at peace and happy, now or soon in the future.

As someone who has gone through a divorce it’s really difficult. I don’t have kids which I guess was easier. I wouldn’t wish it on anybody. I can’t imagine doing it under a media spotlight.

as for Jlo to each their own. She is not my fav actress but I certainly don’t dislike her. It’s a tough business. Do I think she is “worthy” of Harry and Meghan? Of course. Everyone is a worthy person.

MsZem

I see the sea
Great title!
Sorry to hear about Autumn and her husband breaking up.
I concur! Nicely done, @aftershocks :)

More nice things: Felipe, Letizia and the girls in new official portraits:

becca

When it comes to children moving out of state and out of country normally the Courts don’t let that happen without consent. After all the kids are use to life in the U.K. their friends are in U.K.

It’s not just about Autumn. Makes sense for both parents to remain in U.K. that would be what’s best for the kids.

ballettmaus

I concur! Nicely done, @aftershocks :)

More nice things: Felipe, Letizia and the girls in new official portraits:

I like the dress in the first photo and think it suits Letizia but that's one huge tiara! (And is it the angle or is Sofia taller than her sister?)

Parsley Sage

When it comes to children moving out of state and out of country normally the Courts don’t let that happen without consent. After all the kids are use to life in the U.K. their friends are in U.K.

It’s not just about Autumn. Makes sense for both parents to remain in U.K. that would be what’s best for the kids.

Peter and Autumn were living in a house on Princess Anne's estate Gatcombe Park.

MsZem

I see the sea
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information