Rock the Rink 2019 (Virtue/Moir, Chan, Stojko, Osmond, Kostner, Abbott)

puglover

I have been so undecided about this. I was thinking of going to Worlds in Montreal or to the Nationals in Mississauga and did get tickets to SOI really to see Piper and Paul. Last night I had the most vivid dream about Tessa and Scott and so I took that as a sign and just ordered tickets for Oct. 16th in Calgary. It was certainly a long and frustrating wait but I did get two tickets. Finally!!

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I found the worlds tickets at 2600$ really costly. Booked for nationals.
There were other price points for tickets - no one is forced to buy the most expensive ones. There are excellent views from other areas of the arena for less money :)

Emdee

There were other price points for tickets - no one is forced to buy the most expensive ones. There are excellent views from other areas of the arena for less money :)
I know there were but personally not willing to brave a Montreal winter for less than the best.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
I really really hope they get another dance team, or a pair team to join the show! I don't see how they can do it with only 7 people. It seems a bit thin. The nine people they had last year was good. I've been imagining them tearing their hair out trying to find a dance or pair team who would be good enough and available.

puglover

I really really hope they get another dance team, or a pair team to join the show! I don't see how they can do it with only 7 people. It seems a bit thin. The nine people they had last year was good. I've been imagining them tearing their hair out trying to find a dance or pair team who would be good enough and available.
I agree that they need more skaters. I am also wondering about programs as Kaetlyn, Elvis, Patrick are also doing SOI and I can't really see them repeating programs. That seems like a lot of work and expense in a relatively short period of time to come up with totally new ones.

Last edited:

forthewin

I don't think it's really necessary to change programs from SOI to RTR. Most people will just go to one of them because of the price and location. Of course RTR will have group numbers which are totally new. So it's really up to skaters if they wanna mix it up or not.

mocha-ice

They just announced the show for Laval (November 14). Pre sale is today at 10. So happy I waited and didn’t go for the Ottawa pre-sale!

Colonel Green

I agree that they need more skaters. I am also wondering about programs as Kaetlyn, Elvis, Patrick are also doing SOI and I can't really see them repeating programs. That seems like a lot of work and expense in a relatively short period of time to come up with totally new ones.
I don’t think that would be an issue. They have several months in between tours.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I got an email from my Skate Canada club with a discount code for tickets to the Abbotsford show: VSGRP .
This will save $5 on "selected tickets". I'm not sure if it will work for other stops on the tour.

Theoreticalgirl

your faves are problematic
Was catching up on some reading and stumbled upon this article, for those wanting to know a little more about the show. This is very much written from a dance perspective, so keep that in mind:

puglover

Was catching up on some reading and stumbled upon this article, for those wanting to know a little more about the show. This is very much written from a dance perspective, so keep that in mind:

Wow - that is interesting. Thanks for sharing. I am excited about this and seeing Tessa and Scott try new things.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
Tessa Virtue trained at the National Ballet of Canada school, so it's a bit WTF? that she didn't know how much ballet terminology there is and what a temps leve arabesque is. Moir I could understand, since that wasn't his background.

RoseRed

Tessa Virtue trained at the National Ballet of Canada school, so it's a bit WTF? that she didn't know how much ballet terminology there is and what a temps leve arabesque is. Moir I could understand, since that wasn't his background.
When she was 9 years old. It's not like she kept doing ballet seriously after that. And that was 20+ years ago.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
When she was 9 years old. It's not like she kept doing ballet seriously after that. And that was 20+ years ago.
Which would mean that 1. She had learned a lot of ballet terminology by the age of 9, and 2. That it would not be surprising if she forgot it and needed to be reminded of it, not that it came as a complete shock that it existed.

chantilly

I have tickets to the show and was a little skeptical if I’m being honest. A lot of the skating shows I saw on tv with live music were generally not my cup of tea. Plus I don’t know the band they are using and rock music and skating generally don’t mesh IMO with some outliers.

But this interview makes me more enthusiastic.

mackiecat

Temps level is a term that is used in a more advanced level of ballet. Just getting in to the summer program like Tessa did, meant she was a very good dancer at age 9 doing stuff that nine year olds do.

Like a child who quit skating early may not know what a counter is. You don’t do it until a certain skill set is established.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information