RIP Vice President Walter Mondale

caseyedwards

He was able to beat back Gary Hart in 1984 and that was no guarantee! He said “where’s the beef” and it saved his campaign! But then he said “I will raise your taxes.” He didn’t just mean rich people either. It was being totally honest! He was an honest person. Not really so much with all the platitudes to me! Of course I would have liked to see him win the senate race in 2002 when Paul Wellstone died.

MsZem

I see the sea
I'm not old enough to remember Mondale's presidential run, but he seems to have been a truly decent person who tried to make a difference in people's lives. RIP.

I saw this on Twitter and thought it was worth sharing:

olympic

I was a teen during his 1984 presidential run. Geraldine Ferraro actually made a stop at my HS in Erie, PA and gave a speech.

He was thrashed in the worst way by the Reagan juggernaut in November, but he spoke some truths - We need to raise taxes to counteract a growing deficit and I am telling you it to your face, the other guy (Reagan) won't.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
My 15 year old self was so happy he chose Geraldine Ferraro. Truly a progressive who ran an honest campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information