RIP Sean Connery

skatesindreams

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Man Who Would be King was an amazing movie that stood the test of time. And Sean, sigh, my idea of masculinity as a small girl after seeing a Bond film. Might blame him for my first two marriages but that would be unkind. RIP.

rfisher

Let the skating begin

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Just watched a tribute on the BBC news and the neporter said 'James Bond didn't make Sean Connery, Sean Connery made James Bond'. So true - it it hadn't been for him the Bond franchise wouldn't have grown into the global brand it did!!
Apparently, Ian Flemming wanted a different actor for the first film, but was so impressed that he actually changed the way he wrote later books and made Bond half Scottish.

cygnus

Apparently, Ian Flemming wanted a different actor for the first film, but was so impressed that he actually changed the way he wrote later books and made Bond half Scottish.

Kind of like Bernard Cornwall, who had Connery in mind when he wrote the first Sharpe novels, but after the TV series came out the later books are more based on Sean Bean (with some Yorkshire heritage for the character).

Sean Connery will be much missed, My favourite role for him was in The Man who Would be King.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
Mr. Connery was the personification of pure virile masculinity. Quite the contrast to today's rather effeminate Hollywood starlets.

There are few other men in the world I would readily submit to.

-BB

Cachoo

I saw in his bio that he played Hotspur on stage in "Henry IV" as a young man. I'm sorry to have missed that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information