RIP Don Everly

emason

At the 1969 Newport Folk Festival both Phil and Don Everly appeared with their father Ike; they were then, and still are today, the best live act I have ever seen. Great singing; great playing; high, high energy - they had it all. Rest In Peace to all of them.

Spiralgraph

Another great one gone. I loved listening to the Everly Brothers on the oldies stations on my radio. I'll be playing their music today in their honor

Yuri

I had the pleasure of seeing the Everly Brothers come out onstage for four songs around 2002-03 when they were touring with Simon & Garfunkel, who idolized them. Three of the songs were Bye Bye Love, All I Have to Do is Dream, and Wake Up Little Susie. The 4th song was probably Let It Be Me, where all four of them performed it simultaneously.

My parents dated during the 1950s when the Everly Brothers became famous and owned all of their 45s and saw them live in concert when they were in college. RIP, Don!

Cachoo

"Cathy's Clown" was the number one song in the US when I was born (but I am not named Cathy.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information