Results of Proposals in replacement of the 58th Ordinary ISU Congress 2021

starrynight

If it’s an English language change only, then I guess it is just for the benefit of the fans/skaters who follow the sport in English.

I think that the fans most fixated on the ladies division probably speak Russian.

Vagabond

If it’s an English language change only, then I guess it is just for the benefit of the fans/skaters who follow the sport in English.

I think that the fans most fixated on the ladies division probably speak Russian.
The ISU's operating language is English. Its official documents are in English, and the announcements in the arena at any ISU competition are always in English, though they are usually also in at least one local language when they take place in non-Anglophone countries.

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter

All judges need to speak and understand English. Plus international panels and judging discussions (pre-event and round tables) are conducted in English too.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I prefer Gentlemen and Ladies, personally. But Men and Ladies sounds too "sexist" to me. I'm good with this. It's just as awkward calling a 15 y/o Shcherbakova a woman, as much as it is calling Samsonov or Gogolev "Men". Whatever, it shouldn't offend anyone. (I say "shouldn't" but there's always one or a few in every group...)

ross_hy

I'm also excited to see that the ISU is working to award their championships up to 4 years in advance. I think this will help with planning on all ends (including spectators) and will hopefully lead to a larger number of more diverse potential host cities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information