Project Runway 2017

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I'm reading about the measuring tape. There seems to be no reason to have one in the room other than a small time advantage. After all, a designer could wear the clothes they intend to template and measure them in the work area. It's happened before, mostly on menswear. I recall many seasons ago that one of the male designers had his pants off and half the room measured them.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
The whole thing is puzzling. But Kentaro should have won and Ayana been in the top three, speaking of designers broadening their range.

emason

Kentaro should have been in the bottom. His client looked like she was drowning in 40 extra pounds of fabric.

TheGirlCanSkate

Do you all watch the Sammy episodes on Lifetime project Runway? She is so funny - the clips are of her being a contestant and then the episode is cut up with her playing a role like she in is Project Runway. My daughter said, the more outlandish the show becomes with the twins, the more real her show looks because it just doesn't seem as crazy. http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/pro...st_slug=project-runway-season-15-curated-list

I can. not. believe Claire is the top. I just can't. If Claire made that on the JCP episode then YES! Clear winner. But I saw what she made on the clearance rack at Macy's yesterday. It was BORING!

meggonzo

Banned Member
minor spoiler

Michael is shown in the preview to the next episode, so clearly he was not cut and did not leave on his own accord. way to hold the suspense, Project Runway!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Well that drama ended pretty spectacularly. The judges did exactly what I thought they would: tell the contestants that everyone gets ideas from each other, that Claire did nothing wrong, etc, and they all actually seemed to be fed up of them starting the drama.

And then she gets sent home anyways and Michael and Margarita now feel bad about it. And to top it all off, the $25,000 suspiciously not only gets taken away, but it isn't given to anyone else. And the person Dixie chose to win wasn't even in the top 3 and the representative was somehow in the studio to tell the (new, non-money winning) winner. :confused:

meggonzo

Banned Member
Well... can't say I feel bad about the conclusion to all that drama! Although I think Claire and Shawn were planted on the show just for some sort of drama. I do feel bad for Brandon though, he should have got the $25K too!

tony

And Project Runway just gave us a girl in a transparent outfit with no blurring whatsoever-- or so it seems. :lol:

meggonzo

Banned Member
Bummer that both Amy and Batani were cut. I had a feeling when they only had 2 in the bottom instead of 3. However, it does feel like the correct designers made it in the final 6.

PDilemma

The twins = "Good riddance to bad rubbish".
On top of everything else, they don't even follow rules which all contestants know.

They can't design. Their website is just selling generic stuff like sweatshirts that have something screen printed on them. I think that the only way Claire could make anything without patterns was to find a way to cheat, and they probably planned it in advance and packed accordingly. Since they were stunt casting, they may have even been given the heads up on challenges. And I'm sure that had a lot to do with their whining about unconventionally sized models, too.

millyskate

The drama was badly acted out - as mentioned Claire didn't even look vaguely excited at the 20K, then readily admitted to having a tape measure.

But the runway show was so much more interesting, it felt like the show could finally start! I must admit I understand the double elimination, both of those designs were poor.
Brandon's dress was really successful in the end, but i wonder how much was Kentaro's design for him. You could actually see Kentaro sketching something out for him.
Margarita's dress was stunning, that fabric was to die for.

However, I also predicted Michael would win because he made a sparkly jumpsuit, which is exactly the kind of garment that doll-makers like to put on their dolls. The sparkles will probably mean it stands out in the shop and sells well.

Last edited:

millyskate

Brandon's designs, for all their success, seem too repetitive and similar to me.

His aesthetic and techniques are avant-garde in some ways.
However, is he copying himself?
Definitely. But having a memorable aesthetic is half the trick to creating a brand so in that sense, he's playing the game quite well. I wonder if his clothes would be more varied if there was more menswear involved. Hopefully his final collection will show more variety.

viennese

wrecked
I agree about the Drama/Stunt casting of the twins. Were they even as accomplished enough as designers to be among the starting lineup?

I remember the first episode, where an the first to be auf'd was a quirky, cute Asian contestant whose aesthetic, whose whole persona, was sort of Candyland childlike...but completely sincere.

OK, maybe too weird to make it past episode one...but better than all the self-created stress and theatrics.

TheGirlCanSkate

I can't believe Michael's design won. It looked like the model had a giant erection.

The model was wearing those nipple stickers. She was almost naked.

The giant pink dress looked like the character in The Nutcracker. i expected small children to come running out from under it.

I hated this episode's runway.

I almost miss Claire. (ha ha not really)

meggonzo

Banned Member
I watched a short interview with the twins and they said they knew that they couldn't make patterns from their own clothes, but they didn't know measuring their own clothes was against the rules. Um, you made the design based on the pattern of your own clothes... :wall: And then they also tried to claim that it didn't matter since they had models of all sizes. So i guess it shouldn't matter if she didn't cheat on every design? :rolleyes:

Lucy25

I watched a short interview with the twins and they said they knew that they couldn't make patterns from their own clothes, but they didn't know measuring their own clothes was against the rules. Um, you made the design based on the pattern of your own clothes... :wall: And then they also tried to claim that it didn't matter since they had models of all sizes. So i guess it shouldn't matter if she didn't cheat on every design? :rolleyes:

I just saw this, too, on the PR Twitter. First of all, how stupid are those girls to think measuring other garments would be allowed? It reminds me of my high school students who read the instructions for an assignment, and when they are told they did it wrong, try to reinterpret my instructions to fit what they did - trying to find any possible loophole. Secondly, I thought let go contestants had to stay at the hotel until the end? I was surprised to hear the twins are home (in my home state of Michigan, no less). I am also surprised this interview was allowed to be shown before the season ended. Maybe because it makes them look so bad? Regardless, PR made a huge mistake letting this fake drama take center stage. The show has probably already jumped the shark, but it still gets good ratings. People want to see good, legitimate design competitions.

jamesy

delightful
Regardless, PR made a huge mistake letting this fake drama take center stage. The show has probably already jumped the shark, but it still gets good ratings. People want to see good, legitimate design competitions.
Will we pretend to be surprised when they show up on the next season of All Stars? :lol:

tony

I believe the top 8 all have to stick around and also present their collections at Fashion Week so that no spoilers are revealed. The rest may have to hang out until everything is done.

Also, off-topic, but I didn't know until very recently that The Amazing Race also makes racers stick around until the end, going through the race, also so that no spoilers are revealed.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
Also, off-topic, but I didn't know until very recently that The Amazing Race also makes racers stick around until the end, going through the race, also so that no spoilers are revealed.

At one point, they even had some of the eliminated racers run decoy legs.

tony

At one point, they even had some of the eliminated racers run decoy legs.

That’s what I mean! I think they all actually run the same leg and obviously take their time so that the cameras don’t catch them running around in the background :lol:

Lucy25

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information