Project Runway 2017

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The next installment will begin on August 17th at 8 Eastern on Lifetime. Judges are Zak, Nina and Heidi. The twist this year is that the models will all be different sizes from 00-22, so the ability to proportion for the assigned model will be a big factor. This twist probably increases the designer bitchfest as well. I can just see it now "I got a larger model THREE TIMES IN A ROW!!! Why me? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?"

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
^^^^ Thanks for this.. although not sure how it got an emmy nom as its been like 18 months since it has been on correct????

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I really don't care so long as the twins LOSE. I like the Muslim girl and Brandon (though I think he LIES about having no women's wear design experience.)

There are definitely some interesting characters this season so they don't need the Terrible Two.

skatesindreams

I like using a variety of models.
Design/fashion should be accessible to everyone.

Most of the designers are of "average" size.

skatemomaz

Resist
Agree about twins. TLO pointed out they were on another reality show and called them out as attention whores. I'm not impressed with either. They are both drama queens and long haired one sent the same dress down the runway twice in a row.

TheGirlCanSkate

Hair Claire and shaved Sean ***shudder***. Clothing as boring as heck too. Ayana makes some beautiful clothing, Kenya has serious sewing skills. I like the model mirror room - nice to see the model's impressions.

We are going to make a Zac Posen bingo card and list all the things he touches on a model - breast, hips, leg, thigh, etc. My daughter said it will be bingo blackout by the time the season is over. :O

viennese

wrecked
Hair Claire and shaved Sean
Hair Claire / Shaved Sean! Thanks, now I can remember them. I thought they were fun during the tryouts. But I soured on...oh, no, I can't remember which twin - the one who whined about having to design for the not-very-plus size model.

Shouldn't every designer know how to do custom/tailored work, for any size person?

I love that there's a variety of shapes and sizes of models this year. The "real women" challenges were interesting, but real professional models - all tall, all professional runway walkers, make this a fairer challenge.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Just watched epi 2. I have no doubt the producers are keeping Sean around because she's incredibly annoying.

Again the right person won, though. That was some dress from Ayana!

Aceon6

Of course they should.
That idea often escapes contestants on PR.
IIRC, the twins aren't real designers. They're celeb stylists who can embellish basic things they buy and who can make basic things if needed. I haven't been able to find anything attributed to them on IG.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Just watched the first episode and it's seeming to me that Claire and Shawn were specially cast by the producers. They were the first ones to arrive and then made a habit of asking every other designer what their aesthetic was, which Lifetime made sure to show. A lot of their comments otherwise are coming across as very Big Brother diary room (ie. like they were told to re-state them in a certain way) and I don't remember much of that on PR before.

Anyways, it still baffles me how people come onto this show and have absolutely no idea what they are going to do for certain challenges, even though we see the same thing year after year. I know that in the heat of the moment someone might have a thousand thoughts going through their head, but at least have some basic idea! And all the menswear designers who have 'never made a woman's dress' -- you always could have practiced prior to showing up to a competition where you will have to do just that. I know TV wants the drama, but come on.

emason

The twins aren't serious designers; they are Reality TV stars. They've already won some other show (too lazy to look it up - couldn't care less), and they are just looking to turn their 15 minutes of fame into 30.

Aceon6

The twins aren't serious designers; they are Reality TV stars. They've already won some other show (too lazy to look it up - couldn't care less), and they are just looking to turn their 15 minutes of fame into 30.
Looked it up... VH1's Twinning. I guess they got in via an invite rather than submitting a blind portfolio like the real contestants do. It's unfortunate that the other, QUALIFIED designers have to put up with that shit.

PDilemma

Looked it up... VH1's Twinning. I guess they got in via an invite rather than submitting a blind portfolio like the real contestants do. It's unfortunate that the other, QUALIFIED designers have to put up with that shit.

Their social media presence looks very managed. I assume there are agents and a PR team that made this happen for them.

And there are two talented people out there that submitted portfolios and got rejected to make room for them. Disgusting that PR has sunk to this. But I suppose it was just a matter of time as "reality show contestant" has become a profession.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I do not understand how the twin with the hair with the red monstrosity was not in the bottom, but unfortunately it was not the worst. I do not understand how the Muslim designer was not on the top--that star thing was gorgeous. Loved Botany's too, and the older red haired lady, and the kind of corset Burlesque bad-ass skirt zipper deal. I liked Brandon's, but thought it was well-made Middle at the most. I didn't get the flamenco get-up in the top--it made that model's Middle look so weird. I thought that should be BARELY safe.

I completely agree with the ultimate bottom two, and the right person went home though a Russian junior ice dance somewhere now has An Idea.

meggonzo

Banned Member
I agree with pretty much all you said, and would like to add that I thought Kenya's outfit was also interesting and very detailed (in a good way).

I feel like Brandon is going to be the judges' pet this season.

millyskate

I actually thought the red thing made by the twin was the worst and couldn't understand how it didn't land in the bottom - especially because construction-wise it looked so incompetent.
I loved the butterfly wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information