Programs you wish you saw more of.

Japanfan

One Banana and Baby Sex Bomb, obviously.

Did someone really skate to Baby Sex Bomb? You must be joking. If not, who did it?

ETA: I think you are actually referring to Plush. Haven't thought about that program for a long time.

Last edited:

all_empty

We had a thread years ago about programs that were NEVER seen, which included Michelle Kwan's "Bells of Moscow" and Nicole Bobek's "Titanic" program. I remember talking to Angela Nikodinov about her competitive "Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun" program and then she withdrew the free skate at 2003 Nationals. I think she did a watered-down version at the Canadian Open one year. I also would've loved to have seen Kimmie Meissner's "Romeo & Juliet" free.

Programs that I'd love to have seen developed:

Yuka Sato and Karen Chen's "Slow Dancing in the Big City" (seriously great skating music) and
Tonya Harding's "Moon River"

Dobre

Karen Chen's Slow Dancing in the Big City. I thought it had potential.

I thought so too.

Also Kayne & O'Shea's SP from last season.

I would have liked to see the Shibs' Mary Poppins polka SD. You are only the youngest in the senior field for such a short time.

I liked Pechalat & Bourzat's original 2013-14 SD the best, and with it, they had two of my favorite programs that season.

I would have liked to see Hubbell & Donohue's non-hip-hop version of The Great Gatsby. Perhaps I would have liked the follow-up version more, but I would have liked to have the comparison at least.

I'd have liked to see Sasha Cohen skate a full season the year she came back, and man, one perfect version of the Tarasova choreographed version of her Swan Lake because that was a gorgeous, gorgeous program.

James & Cipres' original Olympic season LP. (I loved Sound of Silence, but I liked the significance of the following LP for them also; and I felt like J&C did justice to Sound of Silence at WTT the year before).

Grishuk & Platov's Girls, Girls, Girls quickstep. They did it right at Worlds, but it would have been a blast to see them skate that a full season first.

Shen & Zhao's Madame Butterfly. Because who would not have loved to see that skated at their best when they were healthy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information