Programs you wish you saw more of.

coppertop1

What are some programs you wish you saw more of? For me:

Ashley Wagner's La La Land. She really should have used this for her FS over her 2017-18 FS. Why Was she told to drop it?
Karen Chen's Slow Dancing in the Big City. I thought it had potential. Definitely better than Carmen
Kaetlyn Osmond's Summertime. Not that I'm upset that she went back to Milord. That's definitely her best SP and never lets her down. But it would be interesting to have seen it develop. Maybe she could use this song for a show?
Bereznaia (I Probab spelled that wrong)/Sikharulidze's Meditation. Beautiful composition and really suits them.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I agree with you about Ashley’s La La Land and B&S’s Meditation From Thais. I would have liked to see B&S’s Radetzky March SP skated to its potential. I would have liked to see Ilynikh Katsalapov’s Swan Lake FD more.

Right now I can’t think of other programs but I am sure there are more.

Kaetlyn Osmond's 2013-2014 "Cleopatra" program. She was injured during much of the fall grand prix season. I had the pleasure of seeing this program live at the Canadian Nats and I was blown away. That was when I knew Kaetlyn had star quality. And that dress was absolutely stunning in person. On the arena monitors and on tv the crystal beading had a yellowish hue but live the crystals were pure white and Kaetlyn just glowed!

I would have loved her to have re-used that program again.

Marco

Michelle Kwan's Miraculous Mandarin. The only time she skated it was as a second competitive free skate of the day at 2000 GPF, on tired legs and all. I always feel like she left out some choreography. She also only skated the Totentanz program once at a cheesefest, but I am almost glad she didn't skate it more. I don't think it suits her style at all.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Max Aaron's Bullfighter SP. Clean, that was a 90+ short easily.

And if we extend to "programs you wish you saw at all..." Joshua Farris' Pines of Rome FS. Sadly filed forever under the Lost Programs.

MsZem

I see the sea
Virtue and Moir 'Pink Floyd'
Definitely. And also DelSchoes' Pink Floyd FD that same season, because their season ended with the GPF due to Isabel's injury. It would have been great to have a Battle of the Pink Floyds at Worlds :)

Brian Joubert started out 2012-13 skating to Inception, and I felt it had potential but he seems to have disagreed, because the program was gone by mid-season.

J

Jeschke

Savchenko/Szolkovy 2010 FS to 'You'll never walk alone'.
I am not getting tired of mentioning this would have been the perfect vehicle and triumph march for Olympics (with different costumes).
The program did build in a perfect way and I am still very 🤬 they ditched it for the 'Out of Africa' snoozefest.

(I kinda have the same feeling for the 'When winter comes' SP of 2014)

(((André Rieu)))

Last edited by a moderator:

coppertop1

Gilles & Poirier's James Bond program, due to it being a mid-season improvisation (one of the most impressive feats of their career), we really only saw properly performed (with the real costumes, etc.) twice.

Loved that free dance. They did an impressive job considering it was so new. I think it suited them.

I agree with you about Ashley’s La La Land and B&S’s Meditation From Thais. I would have liked to see B&S’s Radetzky March SP skated to its potential. I would have liked to see Ilynikh Katsalapov’s Swan Lake FD more.

Right now I can’t think of other programs but I am sure there are more.

B&S's Radetzky March grew on me at Sears Open when it was skated cleanly.

coppertop1

P
Savchenko/Szolkovy 2010 FS to 'You'll never walk alone'.
I am not getting tired of mentioning this would have been the perfect vehicle and triumph march for Olympics (with different costumes).
The program did build in a perfect way and I am still very 🤬 they ditched it for the 'Out of Africa' snoozefest.

(I kinda have the same feeling for the 'When winter comes' SP of 2014)

(((André Rieu)))

I remember that they changed that FS after a disastrous performance at TEB. I would have liked to see more of it.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Ash Wagner's La La for sure!

Michelle Kwan - most of her exhibitions.. I woulda LOVED to have seen Dante's Prayer and Hands as competitive pieces in a full regular season

Kavaguti & Smirnov's Manfred Symphonies... they (she) kept getting injured :( Masterpiece program

I also woulda loved to have seen more of Carolina Kostner's last 2 seasons of programs (and costumes!)

And anything Kiira Korpi. I feel like we never got to see her in a complete full season.

meggonzo

Banned Member
Sui/Han - Country Western
Hanyu - Chopin
Ashley Wagner - Moulin Rouge
Evan Lysacek - Espana Cani
Meno & Sand - Nessun Dorma
Viktor Petrenko - Medley by Various Artists (90-92)

In all seriousness, I wish Tonya Harding had not changed her short program from People Are Still Having Sex to Moon River for 92 Worlds.

clairecloutier

Michelle Kwan's final free skate--the one she would have skated to at the 2006 Olympics.

Ilyushechkina/Moscovitch's "In the Air Tonight" SP. The program was quite intriguing, but they dropped it after one or two performances.

Also wish we had seen Stolbova/Klimov's Carmen LP again at 2018 Olympics and Worlds. That program grew a lot from the time they first introduced it to the final performance, which was I think at Russian Nationals? It would have been interesting to see how much more it would have improved by the Olympics. I also would have enjoyed seeing more performances of their "Claire de Lune" SP the year before.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Ross Miner - Bonanza/Cotton-Eyed Joe
Ross Miner - Salsa Mix
Ross Miner - The Way We Were
Ross Miner - Glory
Ross Miner - Romanza
Ross Miner - Queen Medley
Anastasia Galustyan - Addams Family tango
Galustyan - Mouse Hunt
Galustyan - Seventeen Moments of Spring
Galustyan - Color of the Night

ichiro

Wagner's - La La Land - I still wondered why she didn't use this program during the Olympic season
V/M - Pink Floyd
Osmonds - Summertime
Chen Lu's - 97 SP Take 5
Michelle Kwan's Miraculous Mandarin

Spun Silver

Mao's twin Ritual Fire Dance programs and her Bach Cello Suite Ex, from 2016, her last season competing. She's been doing the Ex and some of RFD in her Thanks Tour but I'm not sure how many fans outside Japan have seen them. The paired RFD programs were intriguing in a very new style for Mao and we never got to see them fully polished -- she was injury plagued and not at her best then. The Bach was/is in the style of 18th C court ballet -- very moving in its combination of complexity and austerity.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Ashley Wagner - Moulin Rouge

Ummm, she did it 3 YEARS! lol, even Tara was like, girl, please....

I SOOOOO AGREE ABOUT Tonya and People still doing the nasty... That sp, after all these decades still goes over and over and over in my mind.

I WAS SO DELIGHTED when I, Tonya recreated it!!!!!

I can still remember going into a music store in 91/92 asking for that music.....

coppertop1

Ummm, she did it 3 YEARS! lol, even Tara was like, girl, please....

I SOOOOO AGREE ABOUT Tonya and People still doing the nasty... That sp, after all these decades still goes over and over and over in my mind.

I WAS SO DELIGHTED when I, Tonya recreated it!!!!!

I can still remember going into a music store in 91/92 asking for that music.....

I loved Moulin Rouge but the threepeat just didn't work. It looked stale. I think people here said it was Arturnyan's suggestion. Why?

Sylvia

TBD
I post this every time this topic comes up:

Gordeeva & Grinkov's pro program they were preparing to debut on the 1995-96 U.S. Stars on Ice tour to the second (Adagio) movement of Edvard Grieg's Piano Concerto in A minor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information