Practicing jump take offs before taking opening position...

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
You're entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine. Unfortunately for you, your opinion is no more matter-of-fact than mine. 🖕🏼

Your "opinion" is based on a gigantic assumption that has no bearing on actual reality. And you didn't answer my question. Jason does it, so do you think it signals that he is focusing on technical content at the expense of his artistry?

gkelly

What's wrong with focusing on technical content right before executing a technically demanding performance, the results of which will depend on successful execution of the technique?

Spartacus

Sure but that’s not what you said.
That's what I meant and you know that's what I meant. :rolleyes:
Your "opinion" is based on a gigantic assumption that has no bearing on actual reality. And you didn't answer my question. Jason does it, so do you think it signals that he is focusing on technical content at the expense of his artistry?
Where did Jason practice his jump take-offs between the time the announcer called him to take opening position and when his music started? That's from the 0:06 mark to the 0:36 mark in the first video (just in case I need to be more precise for you to understand). I'll wait...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmFdyNacVTE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J61k2XjRryM

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
You've trained for the competition for months, done practice sessions at the event, done warm up and had time to practice your jumps when the skater before you is getting their score. Once the announcer calls you to take your opening position for the music to begin, that is not the time to practice your take-offs.

Oh how I miss the old days! Shall we start a petition? :drama:

Thank you. Figure skating used to be classy. Tasteful conservative attire,good scoring system,and morals. Now it's dominated by French men in tight transparent shirts who challenge our television screens with daring cleavage.

Do we see ballerinas practicing a grand jeté before their recital? I think not!

What the fcuk.

Predictably,the excitable vulgar-language mob has arrived.

-BB

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
No, that I don't understand his. 🥴
The words at the bottem of your post are scary. The goddess of pure ness Oksana Byyule mentioned in the same place as Lady Gaga, propeller of the "homo sexual agenda" - this is not right.

I am still very "interested" in the idea of opening position's and this may not be the last post that I write here in this subject.

Thank you

Spartacus

Thank you. Figure skating used to be classy. Tasteful conservative attire,good scoring system,and morals. Now it's dominated by French men in tight transparent shirts who challenge our television screens with daring cleavage.

Do we see ballerinas practicing a grand jeté before their recital? I think not!

Predictably,the excitable vulgar-language mob has arrived.

-BB
These forums have always been infested with snooty know-it-all figure skating fans. A bunch of bullies. It takes me back to my days on the Michelle Kwan forum having to deal with the MK Mafia on there and their childish subtweets. lol
The words at the bottem of your post are scary. The goddess of pure ness Oksana Byyule mentioned in the same place as Lady Gaga, propeller of the "homo sexual agenda" - this is not right.

I am still very "interested" in the idea of opening position's and this may not be the last post that I write here in this subject.

Thank you
My sig has nothing to do with this. Stay on topic please, [CENSORED].

GarrAargHrumph

I can kill you with my brain

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information