Polina Tsurskaya Cheer thread

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I didn't see a cheer thread for Tsurskaya. Sorry if there is already one. In that case, can the admins merge this with the existing thread?

I am rooting for Polina T. To medal at the Russian nationals but it won't be easy. She has great jumps but due to her injury she has not had the time to work on her presentation. I love watching her jumps. I hope she can be injury-free and has a long and successful eligible career.

Last edited:

Kateri

void beast
She's fabulous - my favorite Russian since Sotnikova (much as I love Pogo and loved Lip). I would love to see her at the Olympics, mainly because with her health condition there is even more than the usual uncertainty as to how long and solid a career she'll be able to have.

Same - I love Tsurskaya, and loved Lipnitskaya (and Pogo) and now I'm wondering if I'm just doomed to pick heartbreakers! Fingers crossed for Polina...

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
With Med out, Polina's chances of making the podium at the RN are much better. I hope I have not jinxed her.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I feel bad for Polina. She looked so sad after her LP! I hope the RSF will still send her to the Euros or at least have a skate off between her and Konstantinova.

Katarzyna

Fan Project for Polina

I’ve learned that there has been a fan project initiated to collect birthday wishes for Polina’s upcoming birthday on 11th July. If you like to participate, you can send your wishes / kind words for Polina to this address:
[email protected]

You can send text messages, but also pictures, collages, etc. if you like. The deadline for any contributions is 15th June 2018. I think it’s a great idea to support her after a season which was not easy for Polina and led her to decide for a big change in her professional career. So if you like her and have a bit of time to write down a message for Polina, please join. :cheer:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Bumpimg up this thread after SA 2018.

I was very happy to see Polina skate live. Her jumps are beautiful when landed. Is she having confidence issues? She two footed some and doubled some of her jumps. She still has the skating skills and posture. Somehow it all needs to come together..

I am sure she is very disappointed right now, but I hope that she can overcome the setback and continues to compete.

Amantide

Bumpimg up this thread after SA 2018.

I was very happy to see Polina skate live. Her jumps are beautiful when landed. Is she having confidence issues? She two footed some and doubled some of her jumps. She still has the skating skills and posture. Somehow it all needs to come together..

I am sure she is very disappointed right now, but I hope that she can overcome the setback and continues to compete.

I love watching her skate. She has gorgeous SS, beautiful lines, great posture and her jumps are big and powerful, when clean. :swoon:

I don't know what's wrong, maybe she's still struggling with health issues? :(
That would kill your confidence in competition because you do not feel fully fit.
Whatever it is though, it's a pity. There is so much to admire in her skating.

However, it's still early on in the season. So, here is hoping for the best. Fingers crossed! :saint:

Last edited:

DobrinFan

Either confidence or nerves. Her practices were much better than what she put out, especially in the free.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am wondering if the low scores in the SP affected her LP performance? She did have a two foot on at least one jump but they did not reward her SS, posture, lines at all. That must be so discouraging!

Just a couple years earlier she was almost unbeatable as a junior. Then the serious injury and a very long recovery. That would shake up anyone's confidence.

I noticed that in the competition she did not do the Biellman spin, or anything that required stretching or twisting the back. I had wondered if her back was still bothering her. She did pull out of one of the earlier competitions.

She was very sweet when I told her in the hotel lobby that I loved her skating.

Amantide

I am wondering if the low scores in the SP affected her LP performance? She did have a two foot on at least one jump but they did not reward her SS, posture, lines at all. That must be so discouraging!

They never do. Especially if you are having problems with consistency. She knows the drill, we all do.
Le sight.:(

That's not huge problem though. If she can get back on track, the PCS will go up with each competition. The real issue is, whether she is healthy or not.

I noticed that in the competition she did not do the Biellman spin, or anything that required stretching or twisting the back. I had wondered if her back was still bothering her. She did pull out of one of the earlier competitions.

And this seems like she might be having some problems. When is her next GP?

She was very sweet when I told her in the hotel lobby that I loved her skating.
Awwww, I'm glad you got to meet her. :saint: Her skating must be even better to watch live.

arakwafan2006

I am surprised that Elena Vodorezova's students decline with her! Polina is a good skater and strong girl. Tat did an ok job on the programs but it's dated for sure. I wish her the best because she's so powerful and exciting.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Bumping up this thread. This has been a disappointing season for Polina. Will she continue to compete? I am concerned that her talent is wasted. Hard to tell if her heart is in skating. She does beautiful jumps, but then she makes mistakes in the same program. She us not getting much love from the judges.

Could a change of coach help her?
Change of country?
Is her family nearby to support her?

I like her skating so much, but it is up to her what she wants to do.

Spun Silver

I love her skating but it's hard to watch someone underperform so badly. The beginning of her free program was a glimpse of the skater she can be. Those huge jumps! That athletic elegance! I have no idea what she needs. But the recent words of her coach about her didn't seem very enthusiastic, at least in translation.

DobrinFan

Polina's comments after her SP https://tass.ru/sport/5803087 (google translated)
Here's the video interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94DI8MWpepQ

Figure skater Tsurskaya noted that she is progressing under the guidance of coach Buyanova

"Since the beginning of cooperation with Buyanova, great progress has been made, my attitude to training has changed, this is a more independent and adult approach. I feel that I have added in skating, in giving programs, I have grown in skill, but there are difficulties. I can’t show it in a difficult moment. But I don’t stop. Psychologically I’m comfortable working with Buyanova - she will support, calm, explain what she needs, she will say twice, if necessary, she will carry the information,” said Tsurskaya.

“Of course, I am dissatisfied with the skate, I made a double loop, I did not get points for it, the combination was also not entirely mine. I’m upset that I cannot show what I can do at the competitions. If you turn away, you understand - there will be no triple, you do double ", - the figure skater emphasized.

From another source:

Tsurskaya: upset by the fact that when I need it, I can’t show what I can (2nd paragraph is new)

“I am, of course, dissatisfied with the rental. I did a double loop instead of a triple and did not get points for it. The combination was also not mine - I did much better in training and warm-up. And I am upset by the fact that during the starts, at the moment when it is needed, I cannot show what I can do.

My health is fine, nothing bothers me. We are following, we are doing tests, my mother is a doctor - she takes a big part in this. Mistakes are not the result of trauma, but psychological difficulties. It must be overcome, "

.............................................................................................................................................
Video interview after LP https://vk.com/video-162295075_456239169

Well translation is on Goldenskate posted by another poster. Apparently she apologized to everyone (fans, coaches, family). She was upset she couldn't show what she had been working on. She wants to show good results so she will go home and work hard. Thanked everyone for their support.

Spun Silver

^ I'm glad to hear she trusts her coach and her work with her. And that her problems are psychological rather than physical, given her history. And that she sounds determined to do better. It sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders. I hope she surprises people at Russian Nats, in a good way of course.

Amantide

Tell me about it. Polina and baby Koly are making me frustrated.
I'm in for a heartbreak this season. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information