Pokemon Go part 2

dramagrrl

I finally caught a Pikachu! After playing (not super-actively, I'll admit) since the day the stupid game was released in Canada!

It escaped two Ultraballs and I was deathly afraid it was going to run away, but then I caught it and it was miiiine. :D

In other news, the crazy Drowzee influx seems to have calmed down in Toronto at last. :p

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Finally got a Jynx the other day. :yikes: MAN that thing is hideous.
No, no, the Jynx is awesome!

I haven't caught anything that turned into a ditto. I did catch a new Pokemon while in San Diego -- a Seel. And I leveled up to level 27. I will do a Lucky Egg on Nov 30th no matter how many evolves I have saved up (I'm around 15-20 now -- usually I want at least 40 for a Lucky Egg evolve session) so I can take advantage of the 4x points. That should get me to Level 28 as I'm already over half way there.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
I finally caught a Pikachu! After playing (not super-actively, I'll admit) since the day the stupid game was released in Canada!

It escaped two Ultraballs and I was deathly afraid it was going to run away, but then I caught it and it was miiiine. :D

In other news, the crazy Drowzee influx seems to have calmed down in Toronto at last. :p
Congrats!!

Still LOTS and LOTS of Evees and Venonats here (northern IN). They weren't super rare before but they've been REALLY common the last few weeks.

antmanb

I finally switched back on on sunday just to see the CP changes and sure enough my highest ones are all stronger by a good 200-300. The few pokemon I caught were all considerable higher than I was seeing before.

I admit that they may have grabbed me with the daily bonus thing :lol: But since it's too cold to wander around outside without gloves, and I can't operate my phone with gloves on, I can't see myself doing much walking. Having the app open slow crawling rush hour traffic - yes.

I also noticed that now when my bag is full you can no longer grab a pokestop and get the XP for it - it stays light blue, so you can only get it is you have enough room in your bag. I ditched a bunch of normal pokeballs so that I could grab some stops.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I like the changes for when your bag is full. You can ditch some items and try again instead of having to wait 5 minutes for the stop to come back online.

I got a Ditto this morning!

@antmanb I have gloves that are made so you can operate a smart phone while wearing them. They have little rubber tips with nubs on the necessary fingers. Maybe you can find something like that.

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
Given it's nice and sunny here, no gloves for me :p
But the doors of hell will be opened in a few weeks and it will be unbearably hot to walk anywhere.

I'm midway level 23 now, so there is no amount of evolving that will get me to 24 before the bonus ends...

moojja

I just got a Ditto, from a Ratata. Finally, I've been catching useless Pokemon all week. Now I can build up my balls for the Christmas Event.

BigB08822

Given it's nice and sunny here, no gloves for me :p
But the doors of hell will be opened in a few weeks and it will be unbearably hot to walk anywhere.

I'm midway level 23 now, so there is no amount of evolving that will get me to 24 before the bonus ends...

Every evolve is worth 2000 points right now, so you absolutely can get there. I was only half way through 23 and got to 24 and then some. I happened to have a ton of pidgeys and rattatas saved up.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Well the bonus seems to be over already! I caught something around 7pm and only got 100 points. :(

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Anybody else opening their app and not seeing any gyms or pokestops nearby and no Pokémon on the radar when there absolutely should be? It has been happening to me on and off over the past week or so.

antmanb

I had to close and re-launch the app a couple of times this morning to get it to pick anything up - but the roads weren't showing at all, it was just a light blue colour and it didn't know my XP or my friend either.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Anybody else opening their app and not seeing any gyms or pokestops nearby and no Pokémon on the radar when there absolutely should be? It has been happening to me on and off over the past week or so.
Yes. Happened to me again last night and I missed 6 Pokestops!

oleada

It's been happening to me too.

I got a Ditto :cheer2: I'll take it as my reward for having to walk across Central Park in the rain. Plus I also got enough candies to finally evolve my Dragonair into a Dragonite! :cheer:

I'm only missing Kabutops, Omastar and Alakazam. Kabuto is my buddy now.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I got another ditto from a Pidgey (when the app was not being crappy).

Last edited:

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple

Yes. The only thing that worked for me was to log out, restart my phone, then sign in. It is just now working for me, so I'm going out into the frigid night to hit a poke stop so I don't lose my streak. Thankfully, there are four right across the street and my plan is to sprint around and then run right back home.

Maybe there will be a Snorlax!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I didn't have to restart my phone. I would kill the app and then restart it (which would have me log back in) and it would work then. I don't know why it takes two tries though.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I did not catch a Snorlax. Or a Ditto. :mad:

I did get two Mankeys. Did the nests switch again? I didn't see one Pikachu and this park was a Pikachu nest last week.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm also having issues with the touch stopping working. But only in this app. I know iPhones can have something called touch sickness but when I exit the app, everything else works fine.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I have 14 I can get from evolves that I haven't got. With the 124 that I already have, that's 138 total. So then there are 4 more I still need to find before I get everything in North America or are there 5 more?

BigB08822

Can someone explain how the Ditto works? When do you know you got a Ditto? Before or after it gets in the ball? I have caught a billion rattatas and pidgeys and NOTHING! I wonder if the Ditto is still out there or if it was part of a special.

oleada

Can someone explain how the Ditto works? When do you know you got a Ditto? Before or after it gets in the ball? I have caught a billion rattatas and pidgeys and NOTHING! I wonder if the Ditto is still out there or if it was part of a special.

You catch the pidgey/rattata/whatever and instead of "Gotcha!" it will say "Oh?" and transform into a Ditto.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
One is all you need though. It's not like it can evolve and you don't get special points for catching it again.

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
Ditto will transform itself into anything it's fighting.
If it'll fight a Dragonite, it will become a Dragonite for that fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information