Pokemon Go part 2

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
The Halloween bonus has kicked in!
I will do a lot of walking :lol: and, hopefully, a lot of evolving.

BigB08822

I noticed the Halloween stuff started working early. Went to eat and caught Haunters and saw them everywhere. Then I paid attention and sure enough I got the 6 candies. Caught a few on my walk in my neighborhood where there is usually NO Pokemon. I should upgrade my Haunter within a day or two.

luenatic

The egg hatching is very profitable too. Too bad I don't have any 10K egg at the moment. Double candy is awesome!

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Meowths and Meowths and Meowths in my town. Fair number of Gastlys too, and a caught a Gengar. And yep, the buddy candy is piling up.

BigB08822

I noticed tonight that when a Pokemon ran away from me I still got 25XP. Is that new or have I just never noticed? At least you don't feel like you threw away pokeballs for nothing.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
I noticed tonight that when a Pokemon ran away from me I still got 25XP. Is that new or have I just never noticed? At least you don't feel like you threw away pokeballs for nothing.
It's new. :)

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I had a Ghastly and a Haunter both within distance of my house last night, didn't realize it was because of the Halloween special, I just thought I was lucky :lol:

Today at work I've caught about 5 Cubones and a Marowak (evolved Cubone). Must be a nest nearby, as I had never even seen either of them until today.

Tempted to go running every day during the special so I can load up on my Exeggcute candies and finally evolve the fricken thing. I swear all the top gyms have those in there.

altai_rose

I'm in southern France--and I'm mostly catching Drowzees and Slowpokes. :lol: Plus Ghastlys, Cubones, and Meowths but I assume these are part of the Halloween special.

personwhoishere

Getting Ghastlys Cubmones and Meowths here as well, plus caught a Haunter yesterday. Was able to evolve a Meowth into Persian and almost ready to evolve a Gengar! Cubone still has a bit to go to evolve but with the six candy thing happening I should hopefully be able to this weekend! :)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I've been catching Drowsies, Hypnos, Meowths, Cubones like crazy along with the occasional Hypno and even rarer Ghastly. Still haven't seen a Gengar. I have hope though!

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
Over here is Ghastly, Ghastly, Ghastly, Ghastly (and all of its evolutions by the bucketload... in my living room!). Cubonnes, Drowzees and Meowths too.
The other Pokemons have all almost disappeared :(
Hoping to get my buddy Growlithe into an Arcanine in 3km ;)
Then it's on to the Magikarp.

BigB08822

I was able to evolve my Haunter into the Gengar. So finally something new after quite a while. Going to the lakes tomorrow to finally evolve my Magikarp. Maybe I can snag some Dratini to get more candies to get closer on the final evolution for that.

sk8girl

So i'm at the Hershey Centre in Mississauga watching Skate Canada practices and started up the game to realize that the seat I randomly chose for practice is right at a PokeStop! Watching skating AND collecting items every few minutes - awesome! :):cheer2:

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
A Gengar popped up while I was out on a walk today. He was 870+CP and I only had 4 Ultra Balls left. I razzberried him each time and he broke out of all 4. After that I ended up using Great Balls instead even though I knew my chances of catching him were really low. He sped off after a few more attempts. Not too worried, as I'm really close to getting enough Ghastly candies to evolve my Haunter into him anyways.

emilieh

I went out of town over the weekend and caught a ton of Ghastlys because of the Halloween thing, but also a ton of Cubones and even a couple of Marowaks. I was all excited until I got home and found two more Cubones in my house! I guess because of changing the nests.

I also used to be able to access a Pokestop from my house, at the church next door to my building. I live a couple of units in from the side of the building that borders the church. But as of the past week, I'm not close enough to get the church from inside my house, so I'm starting to run low on pokeballs for the first time ever.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm low on them too but it's because of the Halloween special. I'm catching 'mon like crazy and using way more balls than I normally do.

Cubones, Marowaks and Meowths are part of the Halloween special even though they weren't announced. They are everywhere! Which is cool. But that means pidgeys, rattata, etc. are around less and I count on the pidgeys to do mass evolve sessions to level up.

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Well well well when will the halloween thing stop?
Because it's great, I gather more pokemons, earn more points, and hatch more eggs :)

luenatic

Thanks to the double candies and 4x walking buddy candies, I now have 99 drantini candies... 1 candy short for a Dragonite!!!

oleada

That's awesome!

I hatched my first Aerodactyl and thanks to the Halloween event, I got enough candies from two Charmander hatches to evolve my Charmeleon into a Charizard. Now I'm only missing four! :)

I've read that they will also have Christmas and Easter events.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Did the new update include a revision of poke stops? Every time I spin I seem to get 6+ items now instead of the usual 3-4.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Me too.

They definitely made it harder to spin a stop while moving. Even if you are a passenger, if you are in a car and pass one and spin, it almost always says "Try again later". They have some sort of speed limit built in. I was hoping they upped what came out of a stop to make up for that.

antmanb

I've not switched on the game in weeks (in part due to the battery woes with my old phone). I've had my new phone a couple of weeks now and just saw this thread....I might switch back on this weekend, but it's cold and mostly wet so I don't have the same incentive to get out walking around :lol:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There are pokemon EVERYWHERE where I am btw. I sit at my desk at work and there are always Pokemon to be caught. Often several of the same kind plus at least 2 but up to 5 different kinds.

Are other people seeing this?

moojja

There are pokemon EVERYWHERE where I am btw. I sit at my desk at work and there are always Pokemon to be caught. Often several of the same kind plus at least 2 but up to 5 different kinds.

Yes, they really upped the Pokemon numbers. I think it's to encourage people to still play in cold weather. Same with the daily bonus.

luenatic

Yes. Niantic is running a special this week (until 11/11). Additional items (min 6) for each pokestop. Almost non-stop spawning of pokemons. I got 2 Snorlax within a block from my house the other day. Crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information