Pokemon Go part 2

luenatic

I got the most recent Pokemon Go update. Now I can train my own gym with 6 pokemons. Have you tried it out yet?

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Oooh, there's another update? I will check it out.

It's a bit chilly outside, but I need some balls, so I may have to suck it up and go for a walk.

oleada

I'm really annoyed at the lack of trackers. I do not get why Niantic keeps shutting them down when they have no working tracker of their own. A Snorlax appeared on my radar and I tried to find it, but I didn't manage to do it before it despawned. :wall:

BigB08822

I noticed today that I saw some Pokemon that have not previously been common around here. A squirtle (which I caught), a Drowzee (which I have NEVER seen here before) and a Cubone which I only ever got in an egg and never saw in the wild here. They must have also updated spawning sites.

oleada

I noticed today that I saw some Pokemon that have not previously been common around here. A squirtle (which I caught), a Drowzee (which I have NEVER seen here before) and a Cubone which I only ever got in an egg and never saw in the wild here. They must have also updated spawning sites.

Definitely. I think I must live in a Jynx nest now. I keep catching them, and I had only ever caught two before (one of them in another state).

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Yesterday while running I hatched a Paras ( :rolleyes: ) and an Abra.. only ever caught one of those before, so that was cool. And shortly after that I received my medal for walking 100km total.

I also stumbled across a 750CP Tauros and ended up bending my "no catching while running" rule, as I've only caught a few of those before, and this one had such a high CP. I think maybe he showed up because of the updates? Mr Fridge noticed a Pikachu "nearby" yesterday, and we've never seen one around here.

I noticed they also now give catch bonuses based on the color of your medal for the particular type of Pokémon. I guess it's kind of an incentive to actually catch all the pidgeys and rattatas for the extra XP.

luenatic

Here is another gym battle tip. Goldduck with water gun + Ice Beam is a Dragonite killer. My 1780CP Goldduck just killed a 2650CP Dragonite. My Goldduck was not even 100% healed. I had to send him to battle with crutches and he still killed the Dragonite. LOL

moojja

Do you know parasect (with solar beam) is one of the most useful and powerful Pokemons in gym battle? It dodges extremely fast, almost the fastest dodger in all Pokemons. A 900XP parasect can kill a 2000XP Exeggutor. I kid you not.

I tried that, it is a powerful little thing. I'm still not good at dodging anything other than the special move. Any hints on how you know the other Pokemon is attacking?

luenatic

I tried that, it is a powerful little thing. I'm still not good at dodging anything other than the special move. Any hints on how you know the other Pokemon is attacking?

By experience I guess. Usually when the pokemon is ready to execute the charge move (like solar beam/hyper beam/hydro pump etc), they will pause a little bit longer than usual. When the warning flash comes off, you have to dodge immediately. Don't pay attention to whatever the attacking pokemon's animation is doing, only pay attention to the warning flash. Some pokemons do a lot of extra animation looks like it's actually attacking you. It fools you to dodge pre-maturely. If you dodged before the warning light goes off, you're toast. A very good example is Poliwrath. He actually does the punching action before the warning light. I got zapped several times before I figured out the trick.

Some charge moves will get you no matter what. That's why we have potions and revives!

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
GUESS WHO HATCHED A PIKACHU TODAY FROM A 2-KM EGG???

My life is now complete and I can die completely satisfied. :p
My one and only Pikachu came from a 2km egg as well :)

My last 10km hatched... an Eevee (they run by the bunches here!). At least they're useful...

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I went to AZ last weekend and I was really looking forward to finding new pokemon. Well the Pokemon in Tempe, AZ SUCK. I only ever saw Ekans, Pidgey and Rattata!

Then we went to the Grand Canyon and cell phone reception sucked so I couldn't play much. Then I lost my car key and ended up staying overnight in Flagstaff. Flagstaff had great Pokemons! I caught my first Chancey! And lots of other stuff.

I'm low on balls and things though because nowhere I was had many Pokestops. I may need to go sit in the park with the 3 Pokestops near me. Only this time of year they turn the house into a Haunted House so I may not be able to roam as freely.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Caught an Electrabuzz in the parking lot at Skate America. There is also a gym at the arena. Lots of players it seemed. :p Also my hotel is a pokestop :saint:

Last edited:

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Boo. I was in downtown Omaha and set up a lure where there were two others going, and an Aerodactyl showed up. I caught him on like the ninth try. He's high CP, but crap in battle. Oh, well.

And a Dratini got away. :drama: I did catch my first Squirtle, though. :)

BigB08822

Today I randomly opened Pokemon while at a restaurant and there was a Snorlax and a Pikachu nearby. Pretty impressive. I have both so I didn't bother hunting them down but that is some good stuff showing up. I feel like when I do turn on the game I see better stuff lately but still not stuff I am looking for.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Considering half those "spooky" Pokemon are rare to non-existent in my neck of the woods, I am quite excited by this announcement!

BigB08822

I am excited about the Halloween special. I need a few of those (mainly the final evolves) and I need just a few more magikarp to final evolve so maybe I can get enough with them being worth 6 candies. Will probably go Pokemon hunting this friday for the first time in a long while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information