Pokemon Go part 2

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There used to be a trophy for catching really small Rattatas so I guess size mattered for that. (It may still exist but I haven't noticed it recently.)

There is also a belief that bigger Pokemon (your Pokemon is colossal!) do better in battle. I've read that on the forums.

I found out a while back that the appraisals differ in their wording depending on what team you are on. I didn't realize that. There are still 4 levels -- Wonder, Above Average, Average and Below Average.

I was doing some research on how to evolve Pokemon that require special items. I knew the items came from Pokestops but I read that they come only for the stop that has the 7 Day Streak. That means it's important to go to at least one stop every day!

I also read how to make the Tyrogue evolve into the Hitmon____ you need. Here's the article:

https://rankedboost.com/pokemon-go/tyrogue-evolution/

So I can evolve mine right now, but it will evolve into something I already have. So I'm going to wait until I have one that evolves into what I want and evolve that one.

antmanb

How has everyone been doing with the double points event? I was randomly saving up my pokemon to have an evolving session and it just fell exactly into this period so I dropped a lucky egg and got 160,000XP from that one session :cheer2:

I think I've managed to get 300,000XP total since the event started so I managed to level up to 29 and slowly creeping up through the start of that.

On the special items for evolution - I have had an item every single 7 day pokestop I've done but I've also had special items outside of the 7 day streak pokestop too - last week I got two during the week, so I think it's also random.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I used a lucky egg to level up to 27, and I've made some headway to 28. I've also hatched some interesting stuff out of the 2k eggs that I've been churning through. (A porygon, a cow thing, and two other Pokemon I didn't have)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I got a new Pokemon from a 2km just today. a Wobbuffet. I'm about ready for an evolve session too. Maybe I'll finally get to Level 32!

antmanb

I hatched a cow/giraffe thing from a 2KM egg yesterday...it looked like a cow that was wearing Kulik's Olympic shirt from 1998 :rofl:

moojja

I'm so pissed at myself. I accidentally trashed my lucky egg. I was trying to delete some items and walk at the same time. Apparently I can't do these two things at the same time.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
This blurb came across my news feed this morning:

The “Pokemon Go” craze may have waned months ago, but for one blogger who played the game inside a Russian church, the consequences may last much, much longer. Russian prosecutors detained the 22-year-old for “inciting religious hatred” last fall, and on Friday requested a sentence of 3½ years in prison.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news..._term=.a95171789341&wpisrc=nl_daily202&wpmm=1

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There's a new special! Adventure Week. Lots of rock-type Pokemon and your buddy gives 4x the candies. I'm going to be able to level up my ugly Grimmer this weekend! @PrincessLeppard you can walk the MagicKarp and get a ton of candies!

PrincessLeppard

I don't walk with him anymore; I got that bastard leveled up about a month ago. I'm walking with my Porygon, so I will be excited to get some extra candies with him.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I'm trying to level up my shiny one now. I read there are still shinies out there so I can level him up and still have one too.

PrincessLeppard

The weather here has been crap so I haven't been able to play at all. And I have to work a doulbeheader today. :(

PrincessLeppard

I couldn't log on at all in Europe. But then the game worked fine when I landed at O'Hare. I wanted a Mr. Mime :wuzrobbed

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yeah, that would upset me. I mean I still haven't recovered from not seeing a single Pikachu with a Birthday hat during that promotion!

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
If it's any consolation I didn't get the Asia only Pokemon when I was in Japan last October. Work got in the way! :drama:

antmanb

Is there a special event on at the moment? Yesterday I got not-quite-double points for my first pokemon catch but then the pokestop spin got the normal 550 points or whatever it is. Lucky eggs are on sale, but evolving a pokemon isn't on double points, and catching them doesn't quite seem to be enough for double but it's considerably more than normal. But there hasn't been a special screen when you log on.

Have they just upped the points you get for catching pokemon?

oleada

Yes, it's a solstice event, so more fire and ice Pokémon are more common and you get double XP for nice/great/excellent and curve throws as well as hatching eggs.

antmanb

Thanks that explains it. I've also caught three Cyndaquil which i'd previously never seen before - it looks quite cute!

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
Yes, it's a solstice event, so more fire and ice Pokémon are more common and you get double XP for nice/great/excellent and curve throws as well as hatching eggs.
Actually, triple XP.
But only for hatching and catching and their bonus (like first throw, curve ball, etc). Daily bonuses, pokestops and evolves still give the same XP.
I hatched a 10km egg yesterday, while using a lucky egg, and got 10000XP for it :eek: (still trying to work out the math for this one, it should "only" have given me 6000XP)

antmanb

What's with the gym construction? I can't find any gyms that are up and running!

antmanb

Thanks for that! I've noticed that a few pokestops have a gym construction notice so it looks like they're putting more gym out there than there were too.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yes, I noticed the same. On my way to swimming there are 3 Pokestops clustered together and one of them is now a (closed) gym.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information