Peacock Subscription Discount

clairecloutier

Question about the old IceNetwork service. Did they always have replay/on-demand available? I remember sometimes it would take them a whole day or two to get events archived and available for replay. But the replays always seemed to get up there in the end. Just wondering if this service was always available from the inception of IceNetwork. (I only started using it toward the end of its existence, so I don't remember.)

Debbie S

Question about the old IceNetwork service. Did they always have replay/on-demand available? I remember sometimes it would take them a whole day or two to get events archived and available for replay. But the replays always seemed to get up there in the end. Just wondering if this service was always available from the inception of IceNetwork. (I only started using it toward the end of its existence, so I don't remember.)
IIRC, yes. It might take a few days (and Regionals and AN would take a few weeks, although the delay there was probably due to the event videographer) but yes, they'd be posted. But i believe they would stay up only through the end of the season and when the new season started, they were gone.

Flip Jump

Yes, icenetwork always provided replay of events even if it took awhile. There was a very few times this was unable to happen due to issues at specific events to which they were very apologetic. The archives were available for several years at the beginning but eventually they were only available until the conclusion of the season as noted above. We had IceNetwork from its inception.

BittyBug

Disgusted
The Peacock situation seems to go back to Knieram and Frazier's unauthorized music last season. That's when Peacock pulled all archived material. Sucks. :mad:

zee703

If I sign up for Peacock, will I be able to see (along with regular NBC) all of the GP, Nationals & World's? That's all I'm interested in.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
If I sign up for Peacock, will I be able to see (along with regular NBC) all of the GP, Nationals & World's? That's all I'm interested in.
Yea but there is a question whether you will have to watch all of it live or if there will be any replays available as there were in past years.

BaileyCatts

Aren't they going to show full event coverage on television across USA/CNBC/NBC like they just did for Gymnastics Nationals? Like they did the last couple years where they showed the whole event the next week on Olympic Channel?

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Aren't they going to show full event coverage on television across USA/CNBC/NBC like they just did for Gymnastics Nationals? Like they did the last couple years where they showed the whole event the next week on Olympic Channel?
Olympic Channel is shutting down September 30.

myhoneyhoney

just to clarify, is this the same Peacock as the one you get included with Xfinity? How frustrating if we don’t get on demand reruns. I can’t watch live, there’s this thing called work….

This is will not help figure skating gain viewers.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
uuuugh, this year I probably won't get to watch much GP skating live due to my work schedule - was really counting on the replays.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
just to clarify, is this the same Peacock as the one you get included with Xfinity? How frustrating if we don’t get on demand reruns. I can’t watch live, there’s this thing called work….

This is will not help figure skating gain viewers.
Yes, the same one you get with Xfinity.
uuuugh, this year I probably won't get to watch much GP skating live due to my work schedule - was really counting on the replays.
This is one thing I'm going to agree with Dave Lease on and suggest downloading the Opera browser, then set the VPN to a country/region that allows you to watch the GP on the ISU's Youtube channel.

Amy L

I have Bitdefender as an antivirus and just bought their VPN extension. I had a free VPN that worked really iffy so we'll see how a paid one compares.

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I'm adding ExpressVPN as it will let me watch everything I want to watch. I've used a free one in the past and had no issues watching events in Japan and Russia, but I'm not certain that will be sufficient this year

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So, Peacock has now removed the figure skating hub in their sports section and taken down the Worlds replays which were still available last week prior to US Classic. Here is the IG story that alerted me to this and I just went into my Peacock app and verified the info -

The hub was there but with pretty much nothing in it during the US Classic. I went up there to see if they were showing the US Classic and there were only 4 things in the hub. 2 documentaries and 2 events (I want to say they were Worlds Synchro??)

maureenfarone

The hub was there but with pretty much nothing in it during the US Classic. I went up there to see if they were showing the US Classic and there were only 4 things in the hub. 2 documentaries and 2 events (I want to say they were Worlds Synchro??)
Along with the Syncro was also Worlds from France. All comps were there and I watched the Women's FS again. The only thing missing was the Pairs SP. Now all of those are gone and the hub is too.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Somebody at the NBC Family of platforms doesn’t care for figure skating. Between the Peacock situation and the closure of Olympic Channel HD on Sept 30 - another spot to watch GP Series replays up to last year - we’re being royally scr***d.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Has anyone used NordVPN? I could never get Opera to work, even when I selected a different country. A paid VPN is cheaper than Peacock. I canceled my subscription with them today.

DreamSkates

I suppose for Peacock/NBC to show replays, every figure skater/pair etc. would have to prove they have permission to use the music they skate to. This is understandable given the likelihood of being sued for use of copyrighted music without permission and possibly a contract to receive royalties every time the music is used. However, it is hugely disappointing for figure skating fans who want to watch events and have to work or be occupied during the times the events are going on. I don't have an answer and we can't turn back time and have K/F do things differently.
So using a vpn may be the solution, and hopefully as you & I discover what works then we can share that so everyone can benefit. And hopefully there will be free ones or inexpensive ones!
Here some are listed with ratings. Nord is top-rated, @ $3/month for 2-year service.
https://us.cybernews.com/lp/best-vp...LVNlyooLWZKGICuWiEEu7hMnvOzP94VgaAumEEALw_wcB

DreamSkates

Has anyone used NordVPN? I could never get Opera to work, even when I selected a different country. A paid VPN is cheaper than Peacock. I canceled my subscription with them today.
I'll be ok for Grand Prix events in Europe and might switch to a vpn for Worlds and beyond.

Debbie S

Opera so far has worked for me with the ISU YouTube channel when my location is set to Europe. 🤞 it works for GPs and Worlds!

maureenfarone

I recently emailed USFS again requesting information about what type of coverage we can expect from Peacock going forward this season. So far I have not had a response.

Just wondering if fans who have access to twitter and reddit have seen any more information about the coming season. Is Peacock or NBC responding on twitter?

VPNs might help with GP/Worlds but doesn't help with U. S. Nationals so I'm holding off for now on the VPN.

love skating

Clueless American
I recently emailed USFS again requesting information about what type of coverage we can expect from Peacock going forward this season. So far I have not had a response.

Just wondering if fans who have access to twitter and reddit have seen any more information about the coming season. Is Peacock or NBC responding on twitter?

VPNs might help with GP/Worlds but doesn't help with U. S. Nationals so I'm holding off for now on the VPN.
This might be the most frustrating part - no explanation or answers from either USFS or Peacock. At least give us the info instead of leaving us in the dark here wondering if we'll get coverage or not, wondering how long we have to watch an event (back when there was a replay still up on their site).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information