Papadakis/Cizeron #9 - People Will See Them And Cry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jujubi64

I'm surprised, we have nothing on french newspaper and tv on GG, we have something on Morgan and Vanessa (great) but nothing on GG, it's a bit strange

Tila

Miloune

An article about GG’s programs ! There FD will be on "Find me" by Forest Blakk, mixed with music by Arnalds.

"Du slam poétique"... Intriguing!

Miloune

Geoblocked :wuzrobbed So poetic slam, well we're slowly approaching the "skating on whale sound" territory ... If someone can pull this off, it's them.

Don't worry you're not missing much. We see them doing a (not so innovative) rotational lift, they're not even in costumes and we don't hear the music!!! 🙃

bcash

Yeah it looks like a quite drawn-out rotational lift, with Gabi in full stretch for most of the lift. Also quite slow. Don't know if that's because it was not part of a run-through. The twizzles I couldn't tell if attached as a finishing move or are they proper twizzle sequences, because the video cut off.

bcash

According to Romain, they are basing the movements to spoken words, rather than relying solely on melodies. Sounds daring.

" We wanted to base ourselves on a text, something that made sense, to explore another dimension in the way of moving, to be a little less lyrical ", continues the French coach, whom his students followed in Montreal. " These words are broken down into rhythms and we use all these nuances, of course we have to skate on an audible rhythm, it is compulsory in dance, but we will also look for the rhythm given by the words. "

" Through more jerky gestures, more broken lines, with more break in movements, more contraction, alternating with fluidity, ease, which are their main qualities ," he explains.

" It's a very, very different end product from what we've (already) seen, it's another dimension of movement compared to the music I've never seen in skating, " he says. .
" It's not cold at all, music with lyrics, rhythm and acceleration, it's very warm on the contrary, very addictive, " says Haguenauer.

Last edited:

deegee

Yeah it looks like a quite drawn-out rotational lift, with Gabi in full stretch for most of the lift. Also quite slow. Don't know if that's because it was not part of a run-through. The twizzles I couldn't tell if attached as a finishing move or are they proper twizzle sequences, because the video cut off.
the twizzles do look like an exit from the lift, not unlike their exit from their rd lift last year

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
Ah Karine Arribert really did make something out of SLAM with Grand Corps Malade a few years back, with Zoé&Pierre Loup. I'm glad someone understood what it meant.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Ah Karine Arribert really did make something out of SLAM with Grand Corps Malade a few years back, with Zoé&Pierre Loup. I'm glad someone understood what it meant.
Finally found it, here. It is on Grand corps malade, chercheur d'or

cocotaffy

From a poster on GS (thanks to that poster btw) and from the article in l'équipe https://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-arti...e-lans/1063330 (which you unfortunately need a subscription to access) the RD music will the warm up music so maybe this fantastic piece (please let it be true) then the famous intro piece. The costume aren't ready yet.
FD: the two piece of music were chosen by Guillaume from one album of Olafur Arnalds. The movements are supposed to be on the lyrics and not on the melody. The one piece worrying me is that Sam Chouinard has collaborated on this and I'm not a big fan.
Still, I'm very excited for the RD actually because Fame is such part of my childhood, I still can't believe they chose it, couldn't have hoped for better.

deegee

The one piece worrying me is that Sam Chouinard has collaborated on this and I'm not a big fan.
Still, I'm very excited for the RD actually because Fame is such part of my childhood, I still can't believe they chose it, couldn't have hoped for better.

yes, chouinard is one of the worst hip-hop dancers/teachers/choreographers i've ever seen. not sure what other kinds of dance styles he does, but his hip hop really sucks.

Bigbird

I don't think we need to worry. The piece is not hip hop but rather needs stocatto movement :) Sam is very good at that!!

Orm Irian

I got myself a VPN so I could watch the RD streamed tonight (funny how the stream was suddenly geoblocked today when it wasn't yesterday...) and OMG I love it! It's so fast and clever and sharp without being too campy, and they were a little rough at points today but with five weeks till their first GP to put polish to it, they are going to bring the house down. I am just thrilled. Gamble 1: paying off already.

The twizzles absolutely come out of nowhere, it's brilliant.

chantilly

It’s really good. Definitely needs some miles on it. They had some trouble spots. But very normal at this point.

It’s a nice homage to that show.

I find Guillaume quite reserved sometimes, but he’s having a blast here. It’s great to see.

All the elements look sharp in terms of the choreography.

This to me is unbeatable based on the other dances I’ve seen thus far.

cocotaffy

Ok some small observations after rewatching it. First off, I appreciate that they have a completely different construction of their RD this year. Up to now, it was: very early on the twizzles, then the pattern then the lift and finishing on a pose. But here pattern, very late twizzles and finishing on the lift. It makes it look really fresh and different.
The first section, the warm up, is just everything. I love it, I didn't think anyone could make the Finnstep that fun. Plus there is a wealth of Gifs with all those stretching moves, Guillaume is really putting to good use his amazing flexibility right in the eyes of the judges too. The twizzles come out of nowhere and once mastered should be impressive.
Lots of work still, they looked especially out of breath, lacking stamina maybe but this is gonna one of the most fun RD this season.

And I suspect Guillaume to have chosen Fame just so that he can finally wear in competitions that goddamned headband he always wear in practice 🤣 Though this is not the final costumes.

Miloune

Ok some small observations after rewatching it. First off, I appreciate that they have a completely different construction of their RD this year. Up to now, it was: very early on the twizzles, then the pattern then the lift and finishing on a pose. But here pattern, very late twizzles and finishing on the lift. It makes it look really fresh and different.
The first section, the warm up, is just everything. I love it, I didn't think anyone could make the Finnstep that fun. Plus there is a wealth of Gifs with all those stretching moves, Guillaume is really putting to good use his amazing flexibility right in the eyes of the judges too. The twizzles come out of nowhere and once mastered should be impressive.
Lots of work still, they looked especially out of breath, lacking stamina maybe but this is gonna one of the most fun RD this season.

And I suspect Guillaume to have chosen Fame just so that he can finally wear in competitions that goddamned headband he always wear in practice 🤣 Though this is not the final costumes.

I love the "STRETCH!" with the legs up in the air!! With their costumes it's going to be everything!

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I won't lie, I kind of hoped for traditional Broadway for them (#theatergeek, what can I say), but this looks really really good on them. The choreography is great and the way they set the pattern to the music is PERFECT. :respec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information