Papadakis/Cizeron #8 - Oh Lover Hold On

Status
Not open for further replies.

annie_mg

They talk about their synchronisation, that they are one, as if they were attached. Nelson says that they 'only skate to love', it's 'magnificent', that they are back to a romantic programme and that it suits them better than the 'rock and roll' they had last year (???? it was the SD Nelson!) Then he says that the competition hasn't finished and that S/B are coming straight from the Russian tradition of emperor Alexander the third :D. Candeloro says it'll be difficult but Nelson says 'we're in Bielorussia, there are 15000 spectators'. He made it sound like there was an actual competition.

Then Annick goes :swoon: on them...

sharsk8s

They talk about their synchronisation, that they are one, as if they were attached. Nelson says that they 'only skate to love', it's 'magnificent', that they are back to a romantic programme and that it suits them better than the 'rock and roll' they had last year (???? it was the SD Nelson!) Then he says that the competition hasn't finished and that S/B are coming straight from the Russian tradition of emperor Alexander the third :D. Candeloro says it'll be difficult but Nelson says 'we're in Bielorussia, there are 15000 spectators'. He made it sound like there was an actual competition.

Then Annick goes :swoon: on them...
Wish there was a version with subtitles but your translation helped

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
The best part was Candeloro in the middle of the program saying "they are taking us along with them in their story, this is a program which doesn't need commentaries ...." and me at that moment "then why are you bloody commenting ruining it for everyone :angryfire:rofl:" They try hard to shut up but they just can't help themselves, can they ? and Nelson Monfort to go on a lyrical high citing Charles Peguy, a French poet.

annie_mg

The best part was Candeloro in the middle of the program saying "they are taking us along with them in their story, this is a program which doesn't need commentaries ...." and me at that moment "then why are you bloody commenting ruining it for everyone :angryfire:rofl:" They try hard to shut up but they just can't help themselves, can they ? and Nelson Monfort to go on a lyrical high citing Charles Peguy, a French poet.
Yes I forgot to write about Charles Peguy :rofl: To be fair, they managed to shut up for the most part...

sharsk8s

Just read an article about Gabi and Gui and found out that they recently passed their drivers test (in Canada i'm guessing). I wonder how they were getting around before

cocotaffy

About the FD costume, I actually really like Guillaume's. The color is deep and rich like an eggplant. The only issue being it is a bit dark and look nearly black on screen. It might be different while watching live though.
Hers, I do prefer the grey but it might not tie as well with his now.
BTW, they mentioned that they preferred the new version because it fits better with the story. For the life of me, I can't see why. Does anyone have a theory about it ?

VGThuy

Just read an article about Gabi and Gui and found out that they recently passed their drivers test (in Canada i'm guessing). I wonder how they were getting around before

Maybe they were able to use their French driver's licenses for a while until they had to get a Canadian one.

synian

In fact they pass their drivers test in France during their long vacations after the olympic , world championship and olympic tour in France I read Somewhere that Guillaume said that having the drivers test was more changing life that gain an olympic medal !!! (in the sense it is more useful in the daily life - english is not my first language !!!)

cocotaffy

Wish there was a version with subtitles but your translation helped
I'll partly translate what the woman is saying, she's the most interesting of the three. She first off just talks about the levels and GOEs but then she says some interesting about the way they move: "they get really high bonuses because of how they're able to dissociate their upper body, how they use up the whole rink, they fly from one end to another, you know a rink is 60 m long by 40 m large. It's not tiny and they fly effortlessly, they breathe together, they have a connection and they complement each other, they use each other's strengths to be exceptional. They are in another world, they are in their own world. At this very moment of the competition, they are untouchable but just at this very moment because there are still the Russians." Then they go on talking about world records and how they keep breaking them.

Miloune

Thank you for this, I'm always :rofl: at Nelson! Funny that he made it look like S/B could actually threaten G/G for the gold. I mean....come on.

Nelson always tries to put some suspense !!!! Beware of Russia!! Carol Lane is harmless compared to him... 🤣. But then we are so used to his same old nonsense and his overuse of metaphorical and flourished language that no one takes his comments seriously... he's really old school and should retire. Retirement is at 62 Nelson, why are you still here???!
And Candeloro should stop commenting the women's outfits...(when it's not other attributes he's commenting).
Only Annick makes some sensible comments, once the performance is over.

Last edited:

synian

Nelson always tries to put some suspense !!!! Beware of Russia!! Carol Lane is harmless compared to him... 🤣. But then we are so used to his nonsense and his overuse of metaphorical and florished language that no one takes his comments seriously... he's really old school and should retire.
And Candeloro should stop commenting the women's outfits...
I can't stand the iceskating on FR2 OR FR3 french Television because of Nelson Monfort (and sometimes Candellero because of sexist "easy" remarks sometimes even if he can be interresting sometimes). I think that Annick Dumont (Ex Mme Gaillaguet) give mostly good comments. He (Nelson) has been around 30 years in the sport departement, he is not abble to look at the performance, to shut up for around 4 mn and he uses the same exact worlds for 30 years. He is wrong 95 % of the time and love to listen to himself. It is unbearable. But a lot of people seem to think that if he quits this work iceskating on french tv will be out forever. There is still iceskating on french eurosport with Alban préaubert (an ancien male skater) and Nathalie Pechalat (an ancien dance skater) who comment with a lot of more interresting information even if Nathalie have a very strong language (not sugar at all except for some of her friends ..). She was not tender at all about the polish team (Kaliszek Spodyriev)...

yuna13fr

today i read an article saying that the french tv ceo wants to fire some sport journalist. Among them there is nelson M.
I don't mind , he is so annoying and i think french people are tired of him, but if she fires patrick montel i will rebel.
If nelson leave so is candeloro, the ceo is a woman and now with the "me too" era candeloro comments are just inacceptable.
it's a new era bye bye 50 years old man, it's time for woman on french tv.
I love nathalie comments cause she isn't PC, she says what she thinks.

here the article : http://www.jeanmarcmorandini.com/ar...lson-monfort-patrick-montel-thierry-adam.html

Last edited:

annie_mg

Nelson always tries to put some suspense !!!! Beware of Russia!! Carol Lane is harmless compared to him... 🤣. But then we are so used to his nonsense and his overuse of metaphorical and flourished language that no one takes his comments seriously... he's really old school and should retire.
And Candeloro should stop commenting the women's outfits...
I will never forget Candeloro's comment on 'les fesses de cette patineuse' talking about Savchenko a few years back. I was horrified!!!

Miloune

I will never forget Candeloro's comment on 'les fesses de cette patineuse' talking about Savchenko a few years back. I was horrified!!!

This is a public channel, paid by our taxes : it's not acceptable. I don't understand why no one at france tv is putting him in his place!
Anyway, let's change the subject, this thread isn't about them!

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
And she can no longer stand working with Monfort... I'm incensed by Canderloro's sexist comments each time he's on the air, but strangely, he is very different when he's not commentating. He is even courteous, a real gentleman that will hold the door for you, help you put back your coat or go to the bar collect your drink [his good manners won't extend to pay for it, as he is as stingy with money that he's rumored to be, he even himself jokes about it !). I don't understand how he can be so boorish and ham fisted when he's on TV. At the FFSG party on Saturday night, during a speech, Montfort (who had spent half his evening sitting alone in a corner glued to his cellphone) declared that he'd keep on working for France TV as long as viewers'd vote him in. There were many sighs and (not so ) discreet eyes rolling in the audience even if he was politely applaused. Do some people REALLY appreciate his constant verbal diarrhea and his pontificating ? What kind of image does it give of Figure Skating to non-fans ? That it's a snooty but easy exercize for princessy sequined girls and daddy's boys in velvet leotards. It's hard not to yell at him to shut the f... up. He can't even tell a double Axel from a ballet leap. Sorry for the digression but I'm deeplys aggravated by the fact this man still has a job as a sport comentator...

cholla

Can we appreciate the fact that gabby changed her nail color between the RD and FD so it would better match the dresses. THAT is dedication (i'm curious if she did it herself or went to nail salon real quick lol).
There was a spa with a nail salon in the official hotel, they did great work and it was really cheap ! So my bet is, like many other skaters, she felt compelled to try it ;)

cocotaffy

Can someone translate the version with Natalie commentating?
Here we go:
Anne Boyer (sports journalist): What a wonderful program ! We know they have this incredible quality but we never get tired of it. And every time we're won over by what they have to offer. They are by far above the competition, today at least (Alban Préaubert to cut her and being cheeky saying "Much better than the Polish") They are still improving in spite of their status as favorites. There is a mix of power and softness, of serenity and fragility, it's a bubble of pleasure floating above this rink all along the program. We hardly dare touch it or breathe, we let them skate. They are in their bubble, the program doesn't share as much with the audience, but we buy in what they have to offer.

Nathalie: yes but with this program compared to their previous program, which was more on the romantic side and where they were just the both of us, they manage to create a stronger contact with the audience thanks to the last part being more fragmented. They bring us along a little bit more. The fact that they have included movements which are less smooth, a bit like in their RD, is new for them this season. (During the replay) Always such a floating glide where we think everything is simple, yet don't be mislead it is absolutely not the case.

Anne Boyer: yes we think everything glide so easily, it's so simple but that's where we can see the difference with their competitors.

Nathalie: that is why the little green boxes light up, the quality of execution is such that the judges have a field day giving them the highest GOEs. Everything is precise and calculated yet you never feel it. They make us totally forget the technical aspects.

Anne Boyer: we forget they are on skates when they dance like this.

Alban: yes we were never anxious, they are so in control.

ETA: oh my I just listen to Nathalie commenting on the Polish and boy she is not PC that's for sure.

Last edited:

Tila

Here we go:
Géraldine Pons (a journalist): What a wonderful program ! We know they have this incredible quality but we never get tired of it. And every time we're won over by what they have to offer. They are by far above the competition, today at least (Alban Préaubert to cut her and being cheeky saying "Much better than the Polish") They are still improving in spite of their status as favorites. There is a mix of power and softness, of serenity and fragility, it's a bubble of pleasure floating above this rink all along the program. We hardly dare touch it or breathe, we let them skate. They are in their bubble, the program doesn't share as much with the audience, but we buy in what they have to offer.

Nathalie: yes but with this program compared to their previous program, which was more on the romantic side and where they were just the both of us, they manage to create a stronger contact with the audience thanks to the last part being more fragmented. They bring us along a little bit more. The fact that they have included movements which are less smooth, a bit like in their RD, is new for them this season. (During the replay) Always such a floating glide where we think everything is simple, yet don't be mislead it is absolutely not the case.

Géraldine Pons: yes we think everything glide so easily, it's so simple but that's where we can see the difference with their competitors.

Nathalie: that is why the little green boxes light up, the quality of execution is such that the judges have a field day giving them the highest GOEs. Everything is precise and calculated yet you never feel it. They make us totally forget the technical aspects.

Géraldine Pons: we forget they are on skates when they dance like this.

ETA: oh my I just listen to Nathalie commenting on the Polish and boy she is not PC that's for sure.
Thank you. Do you have the link to the video ?

sharsk8s

Here we go:
Géraldine Pons (a journalist): What a wonderful program ! We know they have this incredible quality but we never get tired of it. And every time we're won over by what they have to offer. They are by far above the competition, today at least (Alban Préaubert to cut her and being cheeky saying "Much better than the Polish") They are still improving in spite of their status as favorites. There is a mix of power and softness, of serenity and fragility, it's a bubble of pleasure floating above this rink all along the program. We hardly dare touch it or breathe, we let them skate. They are in their bubble, the program doesn't share as much with the audience, but we buy in what they have to offer.

Géraldine Pons: yes we think everything glide so easily, it's so simple but that's where we can see the difference with their competitors.

Thank you so much for translating!

Miloune

Here we go:

Lol yes she was very critical of the judging, especially of the fact that to her they are not even at the level of the Spanish couples (let alone of the last group).
She made allusions to the politics during the event, the fact that them being in the last group was "a surprise but not so much, if you know what I mean". And by the end of their FD, she was explicitely pissed off. To her they skate on two feet all the time.

Last edited:

deegee

About the FD costume, I actually really like Guillaume's. The color is deep and rich like an eggplant. The only issue being it is a bit dark and look nearly black on screen. It might be different while watching live though.
Hers, I do prefer the grey but it might not tie as well with his now.
BTW, they mentioned that they preferred the new version because it fits better with the story. For the life of me, I can't see why. Does anyone have a theory about it ?
yeah, i can't figure it out, either. her first costume seemed to fit the sunday afternoon setting of the program-- it was so casual-looking; like i'd wear that on a nice weekend afternoon date.

maybe instead of trying to portray the universality of a love affair, they wanted to highlight the light/dark of the music selections. like instead of being literal lovers, she's the innocence of the first encounters in a love affair and he's the moody tumult as the affair lingers and complications arise?

cholla

I didn't know Géraldine Pons was back at work for Eurosport. I thought the 2nd lady was still Anne Boyer. But I no longer have Eurosport :lol:

cocotaffy

I didn't know Géraldine Pons was back at work for Eurosport. I thought the 2nd lady was still Anne Boyer. But I no longer have Eurosport :lol:
Well you might be right too because I literally suck at recognizing voices and I've been wrong before. Plus I just benefit from the kindness of a poster who send me the P/C vids, that is to say I'm no connaisseur of French Eurosport. So if someone has the right info, feel free to tell us, I'll correct the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information