Papadakis/Cizeron #8 - Oh Lover Hold On

Status
Not open for further replies.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Since last November, Géraldine Pons is 'Directrice des Sports" for Eurosport France, this I know because I received some kind of announcement when it happened. But that doesn't mean she no longer comments Figure skating... You may be totally right, she may be back to it, if only occasionally, or Anne may have left.

EDIT : Found out : this a picture from Nathalie's FB posted on Jan 28 and the girl on the left is Anne Boyer. I've been wrong many times too and I'm unsure I'd recognize her voice on TV, but I would definitely recognize Geraldine's. And here, I definitely recognize Anne's face ! As French saying goes, je me coucherai un peu moins bête ce soir (i.e. in 5 minutes) ;)

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
Thanks @cholla, it's been corrected.

Here is an excellent version and without commentaries (the best !) of their FD at Euros https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YkBrGXgZO0&t=

Also, according to this tweet from Paul Peret 1.5 millions people watched Gaby and Guillaume on French TV getting their 5th title. I don't know if it is a significant increase for skating viewership on French TV but it doesn't seem like a bad number.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
Also, according to this tweet from Paul Peret 1.5 millions people watched Gaby and Guillaume on French TV getting their 5th title. I don't know if it is a significant increase for skating viewership on French TV but it doesn't seem like a bad number.
I think it's a HUGE number :cheer2:When is it last time FS attracted such a big audience on French TV ? Did it ever happen ? Well, yes maybe with Candeloro, Bonaly and Anissina/Peizerat... @MarieM any idea ?

muffinplus

^The video quality is excellent, but I simply can't with that camerawork (yes I know I complained already), I prefer to rewatch the IDF performance because of that..

cocotaffy

I don't know if I'm making this up or not but I feel articles in French newspapers have been getting more in depth and exact in their information since last season. Anyway, it's nice to see Gaby and Guillaume are getting the recognition they deserve. A long article in les Echos(a financial magazine), I don't remember having seen any up to now. The gala also drew 1.4 millions viewers too, not bad for a gala.

ETA: this was posted before but it was either geoblocked or on Facebook, it is now on Youtube and not geoblocked. La beauté du geste about their artistic vision and the kind of legacy they'd like to leave on the sport.

Last edited:

cocotaffy

A lovely (short) tribute from Stéphane Lambiel to Gabi's and Guillaume's skating in their RD ... The comment is at the 3:20 mark.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5my789i__DE
A scarf made out of Gaby and Guillaume wrapped around his neck, that is both the creepiest yet the sweetest compliment #StephaneLecter (The visual though might haunt me :yikes:)

Who has been rewatching their FD trying to spot new tiny details ? I love that in their performances every time you watch, you spot something new, a little detail usually matching so well the phrasing of the music. My two highlights of the day are those head movements right on the guitar: https://youtu.be/6YkBrGXgZO0?t=172 and the extended arm movement from Guillaume right on the guitar chord in arpeggio: https://youtu.be/6YkBrGXgZO0?t=255

Two seconds of silky moves from the P/C scarf collection :D

Last edited:

annie_mg

A scarf made out of Gaby and Guillaume wrapped around his neck, that is both the creepiest yet the sweetest compliment #StephaneLecter (The visual though might haunt me :yikes:)

Who has been rewatching their FD trying to spot new tiny details ? I love that in their performances every time you watch, you spot something new, a little detail usually matching so well the phrasing of the music. My two highlights of the day are those head movements right on the guitar: https://youtu.be/6YkBrGXgZO0?t=172 and the extended arm movement from Guillaume right on the guitar chord in arpeggio: https://youtu.be/6YkBrGXgZO0?t=255

Two seconds of silky moves from the P/C scarf collection :D
I always love your music observations :) I do the same! I haven't watched it enough times, but I'll come back to you once I do. But yes, they always, always develop their programmes in terms of musicality. The best example is Moonlight Sonata, it evolved so much between the Finlandia Trophy and Worlds. The didn't leave a note unused by the end of the season. It's like learning a piece by Bach on the piano. You play it for a year, and you always discover new nuances to bring out more, new harmonies that you hadn't noticed.

They are very special but they also have a team that allows them to grow in this sense. Also very important.

muffinplus

When did Stephane get so creepy. :lol: Between the Deniss stuff and the Gaby and Guillaume scarf.( :eek: )..I don't remember this when he was competing

sharsk8s

Do we know/think that p/c will participate in WTT this year? I hope so because the french team this year seems the strongest this year that it has ever been

cocotaffy

Do we know/think that p/c will participate in WTT this year? I hope so because the french team this year seems the strongest this year that it has ever been
I remember reading they will somewhere in an interview but to find it is another story. I'll try to look for the source.

cocotaffy

lauravvv

I tend to give someone a pass on phrasing when they're speaking in their fourth or fifth language, but the scarf thing was too funny not to comment on. :)
I agree with Miloune, though. Also, Stephane speaks English quite well. Actually it's his third or even second language. He said he learned German only when he started to train in summer camps in Oberstdorf, not because he is from Switzerland where it's one of the official languages. So perhaps he started learning English even before that. And he speaks only a bit of Portuguese as his mother did not speak it at home.

Sorry for the bit of off-topic ☺️.

deegee

I think I may have just discovered that Gabi speaks Italian
she was dating that italian ice dancer for a couple of years (and it seems that maybe they are dating again-- they've been photographed together a lot recently, it seems?? or maybe they've just maintained a close friendship)

sharsk8s

she was dating that italian ice dancer for a couple of years (and it seems that maybe they are dating again-- they've been photographed together a lot recently, it seems?? or maybe they've just maintained a close friendship)
Yeah I saw them having a conversation in the comments of an instagram post in Italian. I think they might be in a long-distance relationship (that's what I read somewhere) and they just wanted to become more private, but that is all speculation. I think its normal for Gabi and Guillaume to want to keep their private lives private, just hope they are both happy.

bcash

sharsk8s

Found the answer to my question about which languages Gabi speaks. Apparently she speaks French, English, and Italian fluently or very close to it while she speaks Spanish at a scholar level (I know Gabi's dad is Greek and she has wrote captions in Greek so I wouldn't be surprised if she can speak some Greek too). Anyway, just thought it was some interesting info, curious to know if Guillaume also speaks other languages.

cocotaffy

Found the answer to my question about which languages Gabi speaks. Apparently she speaks French, English, and Italian fluently or very close to it while she speaks Spanish at a scholar level (I know Gabi's dad is Greek and she has wrote captions in Greek so I wouldn't be surprised if she can speak some Greek too). Anyway, just thought it was some interesting info, curious to know if Guillaume also speaks other languages.
She was (maybe still is) studying linguistics too. Clearly she loves communicating.

annie_mg

I remember her saying that she forgot all the Greek she once knew. She used to go on holidays to Greece when she was younger and could say a few things, but not anymore. It was in an article about her in a Greek newspaper a few years ago - the Greeks love it when somebody with a Greek surname gets a bit of fame!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information