Papadakis/Cizeron #8 - Oh Lover Hold On

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !

Isabelle.G

I noticed it after you mentioned it. It sounded like the intro to the second song. It wasn't included prior to this competition?

I don't think so. I looked at the beginning of their performances at the IdF and French Nationals and I couldn't hear the sound there.

annie_mg

Doesn't work for me... Possibly geoblocked in Belaruss I think. I'll try again when I am @ the airport in Francfort this afternoon (4 hours stop over :( ) Germans aren't so wary of French TV and it will help kill time !
Sorry to disappoint you, I'm in Berlin and it's blocked here too😟

cocotaffy

I don't think so. I looked at the beginning of their performances at the IdF and French Nationals and I couldn't hear the sound there.
It was definitely not there and I noticed it too during practice, it is a very smart idea because it ties the whole thing much better yet it's subtle enough that it's not distracting. It might be difficult for them to improve much on this though till Worlds. Usually we get the best version at that moment but here I feel it was much better than usual for Euros except for the Build a Home year where they had also come out all gun blazing at Euros yet they still stunned at Worlds so maybe the same pattern this season.

annie_mg

I must be the minority here but I actually didn't mind the new costumes. The all-pink dress looked much better than I thought it would on the ice. And is it me of is there less belly showing? It looks like the top is longer? In Grenoble I worried for a costume malfunction.

Guillaume is a brilliant costume designer. And how different did they look between the RD and the FD? Shiny earrings red lipstick and pulled back hair, then a "Sunday afternoon" relaxed, everyday life style. I know this is ice-dance and couples often portray different styles, but I just love how with P/C it's not always flashy (like it is with all the Russian teams).

S

SmallFairy

Cross posting myself from another thread:

Papadakis/Cizeron are the first couple to win five Euro titles in a row, right?

Courtney Jones (GBR) has five in a row, but with two different partners.

Pakhomova/Gorshkov have six, but not consecutive.

Bestmianova/Bukin have five, but not consecutive.

Klimova/Ponomarenko have four consecutive (they won their last after the Soviet Union broke up).

Torvill/Dean have four, but not consecutive.

I doubt this fifth will be P/Cs last:cheer2:😍

cocotaffy

From the French commentaries with Nathalie Pechalat and Alban Préaubert, comments from Alban at the end of P/C's program."That should beat the Polish..." :rofl: now this should be the thread title in the PBP in the K&C section

Viscaro

I'm so in awe of P/C and how they survived the Olympics mentally. Sometimes they seem surprised by themselves too ! Especially Gabriella who had so much more unjustified critics and haters and who has again and again such a great spirit. Five years at Euros, five Gold, with some years harder than others, and still going strong.

Their RD to me was so sharp and fast. Incredible, it made me wonder if the speed of the video was the normal one. And their FD... I love those two new lifts, the first one of slowly, comfortably falling in love and the second jump of the passionate despair when it's over. Love it.

Last edited:

barbarafan

Doesn't work for me... Possibly geoblocked in Belaruss I think. I'll try again when I am @ the airport in Francfort this afternoon (4 hours stop over :( ) Germans aren't so wary of French TV and it will help kill time !

I am in Mtl and can't get it.

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
And is it me of is there less belly showing? It looks like the top is longer? In Grenoble I worried for a costume malfunction.
Midrift still bare and I don't think the top is longer, but it definitely looks very tightly tied up, or probably sewn rather than simply tied. And I think her underwear is integral part of it (sewn into the fabric like in many skating dresses, as opposed to independant bra). That wards off any risk of wardrobe malfunction. After having said that I prefered the grey skirt, I've actually changed my mind seeing it up close. It's so delicate, it looks made of angel's feather. It tends to fly more and to stick less to her legs in certain movements, or maybe it's just a visual effect due to the color as the fabric could actually be the same than the grey one. And it suits perfectly Guiallume's velvety purple outfit. A very nice combination of delicate and original colors.

EDIT : well, no, the top is indeed longer, or the skirt has a higher waist ;)

Sorry to say this again, but please do not use these photos on the Internet or in print since they are copyrighted material ;) We trust you to be good people :lol:

I could open it with Tunnel Bear ... it's free.
I have to get myself this thingie... I'm fed up with the geoblocking, I think it's preposterous.

Last edited:

sharsk8s

I wonder if these will be their final costumes but with gabi and gui you never know. I don't mind if they tweak the FD even though what they have now is good but I am so in love with the new RD and hope they keep it.

ballettmaus

Midrift still bare and I don't think the top is longer, but it definitely looks very tightly tied up, or probably sewn rather than simply tied. And I think her underwear is integral part of it (sewn into the fabric like in many skating dresses, as opposed to independant bra). That wards off any risk of wardrobe malfunction. After having said that I prefered the grey skirt, I've actually changed my mind seeing it up close. It's so delicate, it looks made of angel's feather. It tends to fly more and to stick less to her legs in certain movements, or maybe it's just a visual effect due to the color as the fabric could actually be the same than the grey one. And it suits perfectly Guiallume's velvety purple outfit. A very nice combination of delicate and original colors.

EDIT : well, no, the top is indeed longer, or the skirt has a higher waist;)

I thought the costume might be one piece. Apparently, it's not. How is she not cold? :wideeyes:

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
How is she not cold? :wideeyes:
Try to do what they do on the ice and I think you'll know how ! The calories they must burn could heat a whole building. The technical difficulties aren't visible but not only are they real, they are also very taxing for the body. They energy required to produce the efforts is way enough to keep them warm. It's the same for all skaters. Even when they aren't performing or training, they're used to the cold anyway ;) But as soon as they start moving, they are like power houses. We should equip them with "skaters panels" (like solar ones) so they could provide us with electricty :lol:

ballettmaus

Try to do what they do on the ice and I think you'll know how ! The calories they must burn could heat a whole building.

I've actually done what she's doing, just not on the ice. But I'm not without any on ice experience. The air that hits her is still (very) cold. ;)

S

SmallFairy

I've actually done what she's doing, just not on the ice. But I'm not without any on ice experience. The air that hits her is still (very) cold. ;)
You don't notice. The physical demanding program+the adrenaline of competition wipes any chill away. I only skate adult with not very high tech difficulty for 1min50sec, in a sleeveless, thin dress, and I'm not freezing for one second, rather the oposite :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information