Papadakis/Cizeron #8 - Oh Lover Hold On

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharsk8s

Yeah that account and I found that picture together, such a good comparison. If you want you guys can follow me on instagram @gadboisskaters, I will try to keep it updated with info about p/c and all the other teams at gadbois.

sharsk8s

Also I just watched a bunch of the ice dance victory ceremonies and I love how passionate gabby and guillaume always are when they sing their nationals anthem (especially at the 2017 GPF lol).

Escarbille

Watching them singing "La Marseillaise", I suspect an evolution since their first times in 2015. A few words exchanged in a low voice before the beginning of the hymn, some laughs retained during the anthem ... I suspect some "very personal adaptations" of speech by Gaby given the difficulty to Guillaume to keep his seriousness. :)

Isabelle.G

Might be her practice skirt!

I hope you're right, and it'd make sense. :)
Anyway, the Euros are approaching and I can't wait to see the dances filmed at a big event. Maybe it's just me, but I find the camera work from the previous four Europeans champs very good, especially on some occasions. The weekend couldn't come any sooner!

sharsk8s

They seem highly confused as to why they are being interviewed at the airport lol. Like they just came of like a 10 hour flight, let them rest lol.

TheresMaude

Regarding costumes, this will SURELY be an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see Guillaume get away from the skin tight mesh tops for these two programs. I'm always partial to a suit look for a tango (I think it's a factor in S/K looking so tango-y this year), and in their FD I would like to see them both looking like a more everyday (and exceptionally beautiful!) hetero couple. That's how Gabby's costume strikes me, and in this dance I'd like to see Guillaume look more like her boyfriend than her spectacular dance partner.

sharsk8s

I agree with the suit part. I actually liked the new tango dress gabby had and the top guillaume had during the exhibitions in december.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I like the idea of a suit, but a lot of the suits we see can sometimes flap around too much and affect the line. These aren't exactly un-tailored jackets off the rack, either. I'd love to see Guillaume in a vest instead - even over the mesh shirt would be fab. (Unless I've missed and he's worn one?)

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
Regarding costumes, this will SURELY be an unpopular opinion, but I'd like to see Guillaume get away from the skin tight mesh tops for these two programs. I'm always partial to a suit look for a tango (I think it's a factor in S/K looking so tango-y this year), and in their FD I would like to see them both looking like a more everyday (and exceptionally beautiful!) hetero couple. That's how Gabby's costume strikes me, and in this dance I'd like to see Guillaume look more like her boyfriend than her spectacular dance partner.
So, in other words, Cizeron doesn't look straight enough?

Yikes.

sharsk8s

So, in other words, Cizeron doesn't look straight enough?

Yikes.
Thats the message I got too. That is part of what appeals to me about gabby and guillaume, that they are not just trying to show a sexual connection in every program like other couples. In build a home they showed their relationship, but they never do the fake romance. Even in this years long program and mozart (which I know are both about a man and a women in love) I don't get that feeling of fake sexual tension. To me it doesn't matter at all if guillaume looks straight or not because in most of their programs it doesn't matter if he is.

TheresMaude

To me it doesn't matter at all if guillaume looks straight or not because in most of their programs it doesn't matter if he is.
But aren't they making a conscious artistic choice in this particular dance to portray lovers (unlike in the majority of their programs)? There's always the distinct possibility I'm misunderstanding their artistic intentions.

I've always loved their ability to be sensual and passionate without defaulting to a sexual vibe. I just thought in this program they were portraying a sexual couple and thought the costuming (emphasis on "costume") could be more effective. To me Gabby's costume projected a young woman who was working a regular job and living with her boyfriend, and thought Guillaume's didn't quite work in that light.

I'm happy to be corrected.

sharsk8s

But aren't they making a conscious artistic choice in this particular dance to portray lovers (unlike in the majority of their programs)? There's always the distinct possibility I'm misunderstanding their artistic intentions.

I've always loved their ability to be sensual and passionate without defaulting to a sexual vibe. I just thought in this program they were portraying a sexual couple and thought the costuming (emphasis on "costume") could be more effective. To me Gabby's costume projected a young woman who was working a regular job and living with her boyfriend, and thought Guillaume's didn't quite work in that light.

I'm happy to be corrected.
I totally agree with how you said they can show passion without constantly making it sexual. I can see where you are coming from with Guillaume's costume but honestly it doesn't bother me. Personally they could be skating to drum sounds in all black and I would still love them lol.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
What matters is Guillaume's dancing and that is all. He doesn't need anything else, his body does the talking. Tight outfits however fit him particularly well because it highlights his amazing lines and extensions, so burrying him in a suit or making him look like a regular Joe unless it's well fitted might be counter effective . He has nothing to hide in that respect, especially regarding free leg extension and back posture.

Last edited:

annie_mg

I personally dont think suits fit the tango theme at all, but maybe its because I used to dance tango and there was never a suit in sight! Argentine tango is not like European tango, super formal and rigid. People dance it in normal clothes. And a suit would look funny on Guillaume, too strict (though he would still look gorgeous). Last but not least, they always go for modern costumes and thats one of the things I love about them.

sharsk8s

I usually would hate the all one color thing but I gotta admit that Gabby looks cute in the picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information