Olympic Channel - Launches July 15th

Sylvia

TBD
For NHK Trophy, Ashley Wagner will make her NBC Sports debut alongside Andrea Joyce on the Olympic Channel: http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...pan-coverage-this-weekend-on-nbc-sports-gold/
Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA will present daily encore coverage of all [NHK Trophy] programs at 8 p.m. ET Monday, Nov. 12 – Thursday, Nov. 15.
2006 Olympic ice dance silver medalist Tanith White handles play-by-play for the men’s and ladies’ free skates on NBC and Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA joined by 1998 Olympic gold medalist Tara Lipinski, and three-time U.S. champion Johnny Weir. Andrea Joyce will call the remaining competitions on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, joined by 2016 world silver medalist Ashley Wagner in her NBC Sports debut, along with White in the analyst role for the ice dance events.
Monday to Thursday Olympic Channel broadcast order is Pairs, Ladies, Men, Dance (repeat broadcasts are listed here):
https://www.teamusa.org/olympic-channel-broadcast-schedule

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
For those who get the Olympic Channel, are Tara & Johnny commentating on both the Men/Ladies SP and FS OC broadcasts? Are the OC singles FS broadcasts a repeat of the NBC recap?

Barbara Manatee

No, this week it's been Andrea Joyce and Charlie White doing the short programs, Tara and Johnny plus Tanith with the long programs. I believe the singles broadcasts have been repeats of NBC's earlier coverage plus anyone who was chacked.

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Thank you, @Barbara Manatee!

I've looked, but have yet to find, any OC videos uploaded to YT from the Skate Canada or Helsinki GPs (I know there's interest in seeing the dance commentary by Tanith, Charlie and/or Ben Agosto). And now Ashley's debut at NHK, of course.

Sylvia

TBD
Grenoble, France GP - NBC & Olympic Channel TV coverage: http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...is-week-across-multiple-nbc-sports-platforms/

"... Tanith White will call the remaining events on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, joined by her former partner Ben Agosto for the ice dance competition, and 2016 world silver medalist Ashley Wagner for the remaining competitions."

Mon., Nov. 26 8 p.m. Grand Prix France: Ladies’ Short Program & Men’s and Ladies’ Free (NBC rebroadcast of Gannon/Lipinski/Weir) Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
Tues., Nov. 27 8 p.m. Grand Prix France: Ice Dance Rhythm & Free Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
Wed., Nov. 28 8 p.m. Grand Prix France: Pairs’ Short & Free Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
Thurs., Nov. 29 8 p.m. Grand Prix France: Men’s Short & Men’s and Ladies’ Free (NBC rebroadcast of Gannon/Lipinski/Weir) Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA

love skating

Clueless American
I'm disappointed that the Olympic Channel went to repeating the NBC broadcasts instead of showing all the men and ladies' freeskates as they did for the first few grand prixes. I guess it saves them time and money but so disappointing to only get like 4 or 5 freeskates when we had been seeing all of them. Love the rest of their broadcasts!

danibellerika

Grenoble, France GP - NBC & Olympic Channel TV coverage: http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...is-week-across-multiple-nbc-sports-platforms/

"... Tanith White will call the remaining events on Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, joined by her former partner Ben Agosto for the ice dance competition, and 2016 world silver medalist Ashley Wagner for the remaining competitions."

Mon., Nov. 26 8 p.m. Grand Prix France: Ladies’ Short Program & Men’s and Ladies’ Free (NBC rebroadcast of Gannon/Lipinski/Weir) Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
Tues., Nov. 27 8 p.m. Grand Prix France: Ice Dance Rhythm & Free Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
Wed., Nov. 28 8 p.m. Grand Prix France: Pairs’ Short & Free Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA
Thurs., Nov. 29 8 p.m. Grand Prix France: Men’s Short & Men’s and Ladies’ Free (NBC rebroadcast of Gannon/Lipinski/Weir) Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA

I don't like Ashley's voice and she's repetitive. I miss Charlie already and his insights.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
The OC tweeted that they're doing a 48 hour best moments of skating special from Dec 24-Dec 27, but my cable guide doesn't show any skating on then. Anyone see this on their guide?

Barbara Manatee

No, my onscreen guide doesn't show any skating. But my DVR, which is programmed to record all skating, is showing that it's planning to record a bunch of what are labelled basketball games in that time frame. Maybe it knows something the guide doesn't? :p I'll keep an eye out to see if the schedule changes.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I see the Tweet now.. It says 48 straight hours and then it says the 24th through the 27th, which makes the 48 hours thing confusing.

It also says relive the best moments of Olympics, so I’m fairly confident it’s going to be the 2002-2014 Olympics that they aired last year, and maybe the 2018 Olympics as well. It’s the exact broadcasts of free skates that NBC has shown IIRC, plus some of the team event from 2014.

I wish they’d get their hands on archives of other events :(

ETA- I still have the original recordings in my DVR.

2002-2010 were 8 hours each, and 2014 was 9 hours with the inclusion of a three-hour Team Event show. That’s 33 hours.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information